TWIN PEAKS (The 90's show & its return) Discussion - Beware of Spoilers!

I have no idea why my parents thought it was appropriate for me to watch Twin Peaks as a kid, but they did and I'm forever grateful to them for that. When I was 14, we took a trip driving around the west coast, stayed in the Great Northern, ate at Twede's (Double R in the show), all that jazz. I'm glad I still love the show.

just finished the series. season 2 should've ended once the laura palmer case was closed. but the season/series finale was fucking awesome.

billy zane = waste of time

lady with the car = waste of time

loved all of the weird shit in this show, though! going to watch fire walk with me probably tonight. maybe...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SPOILERZ

dale is now evil. the show is based on the inherent dualistic nature of small towns, middle america, people, etc. before this episode, dale was the only character to maintain a completely good, pure and well-intentioned side. although he is eccentric, it is nothing out of the realm of possibility for the character. think albert and tibetan buddhism, simpleminded pete martell and his incredible chess abilities. dale turns into the complete opposite of what the entire show had portrayed him as.

dale is now evil. the show is based on the inherent dualistic nature of small towns, middle america, people, etc. before this episode, dale was the only character to maintain a completely good, pure and well-intentioned side. although he is eccentric, it is nothing out of the realm of possibility for the character. think albert and tibetan buddhism, simpleminded pete martell and his incredible chess abilities. dale turns into the complete opposite of what the entire show had portrayed him as.

might throw some spoiler tags on there in case some other people haven't finished it.

yeah i get the outcome and all the "lynch-isms" (reminded me a lot of blue velvet at times). just the whole last scene in the black lodge was a mind fuck.

might throw some spoiler tags on there in case some other people haven't finished it.

yeah i get the outcome and all the "lynch-isms" (reminded me a lot of blue velvet at times). just the whole last scene in the black lodge was a mind fuck.

thanks, spoiler tags added.

SPOILERS HERE TOO

the ending was one of those, "WAIT. THAT'S IT?" feelings, but i really wouldn't have it wrapped up any other way. even the unfinished storylines, like josie is stuck in a fucking knob on a drawer, james disappears, etc. and even though the show was left as a cliffhanger for the potential third season, the quality of writing REALLY took a dive after they solved the laura palmer case. i don't know if it could really recapture how fucked up the first season was, even though the season two finale was pretty good.

FWWM was just a review of everything you find out over the course of the LP case, but i mean, it just didn't add much to the twin peaks world, unless you liked seeing laura getting raped and killed.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this because it's the greatest show ever. I have a Twin Peaks shirt that david lynch designed for the 20th anniversary. Also nobody mentioned the fact that the ending of the second series is not they way Lynch wanted to do it. The network pulled the plug and made them wrap it up cause they had lost all the viewers apart from the cult followers. Theres a few interviews with Lynch where he's really upset about it and is pleading with people to write into the network to keep it going. 

I second that it is the best show ever. I'm thinking about going to the Twin Peaks fest this year. It's just a couple hours north of where I live.

I love the interview with Lynch where he is on whatever talkshow and tells the audience to write letters to the studio execs begging them to keep the show going.

I still need to watch Fire Walk With Me, but I was super bummed about the way this show ended. It sucks when networks stifle creativity in favor of ratings. I mean, I know they're a business, but there's nothing worse than an unfinished show (see: Pushing Daisies and Reaper for other examples.)

Stargate universe pissed me off a lot.

I still need to watch Fire Walk With Me, but I was super bummed about the way this show ended. It sucks when networks stifle creativity in favor of ratings. I mean, I know they're a business, but there's nothing worse than an unfinished show (see: Pushing Daisies and Reaper for other examples.)

Fire Walk With Me is not worth watching in the slightest and is really just a waste of time.