TWIN PEAKS (The 90's show & its return) Discussion - Beware of Spoilers!

37 minutes ago, GhostTrail said:

Well, there sure was a hell of a lot that happened in episode 6. Anyone watch yet?

Indeed. I am really loving everything about these new episodes. I haven't found myself disappointed in them yet. 

Spoiler

FUCK GENE KELLY, you motherfucker - Albert

4 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Seemed like it flew by for some reason though.

4 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

it def felt like the end came way too quickly. 

Without a doubt. As soon as the scene shifted to the Roadhouse, I was so bummed knowing that was it already. I'm also not sure how I feel about nearly every episode ending that way. Last week's ending was a welcome departure.

Spoiler

Any thoughts on what Hawk found in the door of the bathroom stall? It almost has to be pages from Laura's diary. If you pause at the right moment, you can read "Oh, Annie". So perhaps it's in relation to the scene in FWWM where Laura has a vision of Annie. Really curious to how the pages got there though -- or if we'll even get a valid explanation.

Also, that truck scene. Fuck.

12 minutes ago, GhostTrail said:

Reveal hidden contents

Any thoughts on what Hawk found in the door of the bathroom stall? It almost has to be pages from Laura's diary. If you pause at the right moment, you can read "Oh, Annie". So perhaps it's in relation to the scene in FWWM where Laura has a vision of Annie. Really curious to how the pages got there though -- or if we'll even get a valid explanation.

Also, that truck scene. Fuck.

Spoiler

The One Armed Man was in the stall for an exceptionally long time trying to fight his dark side with his special compound. Just a theory but it was the first connection I made. Didn't try and pause to see the text.

Also agree that it was over way too soon. Truck scene was very reminiscent of the FWWM traffic jam. Sad to think we are already 1/3 done and there'll never be anymore.

5 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The One Armed Man was in the stall for an exceptionally long time trying to fight his dark side with his special compound. Just a theory but it was the first connection I made. Didn't try and pause to see the text.

Also agree that it was over way too soon. Truck scene was very reminiscent of the FWWM traffic jam. Sad to think we are already 1/3 done and there'll never be anymore.

Spoiler

Very true around Mike/One Armed Man. It's pretty clear that time isn't linear in the Black Lodge, and there's the whole "Is it future? Or is it past?" line as well.

Also, it seems like the end may not be so finite: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/twin-peaks/news/a830632/twin-peaks-future-seasons-kyle-maclachlan-drops-hint-spectacular-ending/. Here's to hoping.

And yeah, I definitely felt that the scene was pretty identical in terms of how they played out, of course with a different out come though. Looking at the scene from FWWM now, it seems like it is actually the very same intersection. 

I'm really hoping those are. It would make so much sense, in regards to FWWM as well.

It always bothered me that FWWM was a partial prequel, and the "write in your diary" was never once mentioned in the series. It felt like a late stage retcon, and now seeing that be resolved sounds great.

Edited by THE_James_Champ

16 minutes ago, jhulud said:

At the end of this past Sunday's episode...right before the credits rolled...what did that guy scream into the diner as he ran in and out?

Something like "HAS ANYONE SEEN DENNY (wrong name but I forget what it was)?" Basically, he shouted the name of one of the dudes in one of the bands we've seen so far during those outros. The character is played by David Lynch's son but I don't think he's been referred to by name or appeared outside of being the guitarist during one of the outros.

6 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

Something like "HAS ANYONE SEEN DENNY (wrong name but I forget what it was)?" Basically, he shouted the name of one of the dudes in one of the bands we've seen so far during those outros. The character is played by David Lynch's son but I don't think he's been referred to by name or appeared outside of being the guitarist during one of the outros.

The character, his name is Bing. He ran in  and said "Has anyone seen Billy?"

58 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

It's debated on whether he said "Billy" or "Bing."  But either way, after he asks that, the whole diner basically changes.

https://www.imgur.com/gallery/hP9GI

And the guy who runs in and asks the question apparently appears again just sitting in the diner during the last few seconds.

https://www.imgur.com/wSmbXiw

3 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

It's debated on whether he said "Billy" or "Bing."  But either way, after he asks that, the whole diner basically changes.

https://www.imgur.com/gallery/hP9GI

And the guy who runs in and asks the question apparently appears again just sitting in the diner during the last few seconds.

https://www.imgur.com/wSmbXiw

It's good to know that Lynch has added an extra layer of confusing elements beyond those I can actually catch with my eye balls and ears.

Finally caught up. 

A couple months ago while rewatching the first season I said to my girlfriend "I bet Laura Dern is playing Diane in the new season"

I'm glad Twin Peaks was canceled when it was because these new episodes are a million times better than what we would have gotten 25 years ago.

6 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

The reincarnation of Laura Palmer, or her essence as well. 

Hide contents

I honestly thing Becky (Shelly's daughter) might be the next to continue the legacy of being wrapped in plastic. At least, that's what i got from her one scene thus far. 

twin-peaks.jpg

Bravo! Nice one!