TWIN PEAKS (The 90's show & its return) Discussion - Beware of Spoilers!

I'm starting to think we aren't gonna get Coop back. Or it'll be like the last scene of the series.

I've got a feeling we'll only get more if Lynch feels like it. I'm sure Showtime will beg him when their subscriptions plummet after September.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

12 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm starting to think we aren't gonna get Coop back. Or it'll be like the last scene of the series.

I've got a feeling we'll only get more if Lynch feels like it. I'm sure Showtime will beg him when their subscriptions plummet after September.

unfortunately, viewership isn't very strong though. only about a quarter million. the GOT premiere was over 10 million... 

2 hours ago, batman said:

unfortunately, viewership isn't very strong though. only about a quarter million. the GOT premiere was over 10 million... 

Live viewing is low, but Showtime has said that the premiere gave them the biggest surge in subscribers they've had at one time. Most people are streaming it. I'm predicting a lot of canceled subscriptions after the finale.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, batman said:

Not til the finale

As fucked up as that would be, I wouldn't put it past Lynch.

I've loved pretty much everything about this new season so far, but I'm not gonna lie, I (along with pretty much everyone else) would be kind of upset if we get the real Cooper for only one episode.

Although I have noticed somewhat of a patter.  There's been a couple times when we get an episode that pretty much goes nowhere in terms of story (like this most recent episode) and then the following week, we get an episode that blows our minds.  There's been a theory going around, that I think I posted a link to, that was saying Cooper SHOULD HAVE been back this past weeks episode, but since nothing really happened during that episode, my hope is that it's next week.

Then again I'll probably be saying that up until the last episode.

2 hours ago, batman said:

The problem with resolving that, what's the major conflict? I'm still saying finale. 

I was pretty bummed by the last ep--especially how a character that I loved from the original series was handled. 

"you're not going to tell me what she fucking said?"

summed up my feelings of this whole season though

Don't get the hate on episode 12. Overall a ton happened. I've loved every second of this show. Audrey's scene may not have been what everyone had in mind, but it was still 100% Twin Peaks. I think once we reach the end all will come together beautifully. Time in the series is all over the place. Who know's what's present, past, or future? 

And yeah Cooper's "comeback" for sure won't be until the final episodes, if not the finale.  

I really came here to post this: https://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Dossier-Mark-Frost/dp/1250163307/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1501697663&sr=8-3&keywords=twin+peaks

The Final Dossier is up for preorder for only $13.50 right now. No idea if this has been at this price but I'm pretty sure it hasn't. No idea how long it will be at this price either. 

5 hours ago, Royce said:

I really came here to post this: https://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Dossier-Mark-Frost/dp/1250163307/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1501697663&sr=8-3&keywords=twin+peaks

The Final Dossier is up for preorder for only $13.50 right now. No idea if this has been at this price but I'm pretty sure it hasn't. No idea how long it will be at this price either. 

Wow, I ordered this at somewhere around full price during prime day because there was a $5 off promo for all books. Now I'm getting it for just under $9. Can't complain about that.

Also, I doubt there is much crossover here but there was a funny Twin Peaks bit on WWE Smackdown yesterday:

Also, double post: big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Vlcsnap-464872.png

Also.....

Spoiler

Does this also mean that Ray is now a member of the lodge family? And how did the ring get in his possession? The last time it was seen, it was back in the lodge after Coop And Dougie did their little swap-a-roonie. Who gave it to him prior to leaving the prison??

1 hour ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Also, double post: big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Vlcsnap-464872.png

Also.....

Hide contents

Does this also mean that Ray is now a member of the lodge family? And how did the ring get in his possession? The last time it was seen, it was back in the lodge after Coop And Dougie did their little swap-a-roonie. Who gave it to him prior to leaving the prison??

I feel a certain character him and Mr C. discussed has a lot to do with it. 

Also "must be the drinks" was the best line of last night along with the roadhouse performance 

Anyone else read about the theory going around that Audrey is still in a coma and all of the stuff with her so far is just going on in her head?  The fact that she doesn't seem to know where the Roadhouse is, even though she most definitely should.  Plus how she brought up Ghostwood and that was the last thing she was working on before the "bank explosion" at the end of season 2.  Not to mention the fact that even though she is physically older, she still seems to be acting like the person she was when she was younger.  And Charlie could totally be her therapist or something.

I'm still wondering who they will cast to play FBI Agent Phillip Jeffries. As you all remember it was David Bowie in FWWM. So far there are three actors that have died before the series even started, Miguel Ferrer(Albert Rosenfield), Warren Frost and the Log Lady (Margaret Lanterman).

I still see a possibility of Bowie making his appearance, even if just a few scenes.

3 hours ago, VinylMario said:

I'm still wondering who they will cast to play FBI Agent Phillip Jeffries. As you all remember it was David Bowie in FWWM. So far there are three actors that have died before the series even started, Miguel Ferrer(Albert Rosenfield), Warren Frost and the Log Lady (Margaret Lanterman).

I still see a possibility of Bowie making his appearance, even if just a few scenes.

No way they will recast it. It'll either be Bowie showing up or he won't show up. 

I'm really not ready for this series to end. Also, I'd love to see all these threads finished up before it's over, but I really don't see how. I can see this ending one of several ways:

- We get a clear, concise ending, that makes perfect sense, and there will never be a reason to visit Twin Peaks again.

OR

- We get a confusing, cliffhanger ending, and we will all wonder over a period of time (0-25 years max) if it'll ever be resolved, or it won't!

I am hoping for more seasons past this one, but we'll see.