TWIN PEAKS (The 90's show & its return) Discussion - Beware of Spoilers!

9 hours ago, VinylMario said:

I really hope this continues. TV sucks balls. I finally have something to watch. Other than Twin Peaks, I only have the new Voltron and the upcoming Stranger Things to look forward to...

If you think those are the only 2 good things going on right now besides Twin Peaks then you're missing out on soooooo much.

Edited by FiggyPud

To be honest I'm kinda new to all these new shows. In fact I did not watch very much TV until last year when I picked up the special edition box set of Lost the Complete series and was just floored. I could not get enough of it. Then it went cold again until I heard about the Twin Peaks comeback. So I purchased the complete series of the original before the new series began so that I could catch up again. And now since I'm watching it live as they come, I started watching Stranger Things, which I had never seen before, and was flabbergasted(BTW can't wait till next season). So instead of binge watching, I'm stuck looking for more while I wait for the next episode. So that's where I started watching the new Voltron Legendary Defender.

I'm tempted to catch Game of Thrones now since everyone seems to think it's good. I guess I'll be looking out for a good deal on some GOT complete seasons so that I can catch up before tho, lol

4 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

If you think those are the only 2 good things going on right now besides Twin Peaks then you're missing out on soooooo much.

Do you have any suggestions?

14 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Do you have any suggestions?

If you loved Lost, then you HAVE to watch the creators most recent show "The Leftovers."  One of my favorites of all time.  Only 3 seasons and the last season ended just a couple months ago.  Some other recent ones to check out are:

- Mr. Robot

- Legion

- Fargo

- Preacher

- River

- Black Mirror

- Westworld

Also yeah, definitely check out GOT if you haven't yet.  It's great.

Shows I love, and enjoy.

- Arrowverse shit on CW

- Orphan Black (series finale this Saturday tho)

- Broadchurch

- Westworld (it's a must, the same with...)

- Black Mirror (!!!!!)

- Legion

- Preacher

- Difficult People (HULU) 

- You're The Worst

- Marvel Netflix shows (Seriously, Daredevil is incredible) 

- American Gods

My list would be:

The Leftovers (keep watching past season 1, season 1 is OK to frustrating, season 2 and 3 are awesome and pretty funny too)

Westworld

GLOW (not on the same dude-bro wavelength as the above shows but I really liked the ensemble cast and it's been my favorite Netflix show)

Game of Thrones

Leftovers scratches some of the 'weirdness happening in a small town' itch but be warned that it focuses more on relationships than Twin Peaks and is more grounded (outside of the bizarre pieces). But it gets very fun and funny season 2 onward and the series ends beautifully. It is probably my favorite show period.

7 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

10/10 episode.  Lost track of the times I said "what the fuck?" or "no fucking way" out loud.

Holy fuck. From the first few minutes all the way to the end I was doing the same thing.

Spoiler

ANDY IN THE LODGE!

THE FIREMAN!!

COLE AND LUCY!!!

JEFFRIES!!!!

HOLY SHIT SARAH PALMER WTF!!!!!

Also, loved the performance. Lissie is so great. We saw her back in 2010, when she opened for City & Colour. SO happy to see her on this show.

Overall, this was a fucking killer episode. 4 left. I am not mentally prepared to lose these characters AGAIN. 

Edited by THE_James_Champ