Minus the Bear test pressings?

Guest admin1338560633

someone may have already suggested this, i dunno, because i didnt read all the replies BUT if you do 20 and have copies left over, you should enter everyone who buys a copy of the record into a drawing and determine the winners prior to sending out the preorders and whoever wins, ship them a test press with the record as a nice little surprise/gift and announce the winners afterwords. nice little incentive to preorder the record, i say. round 2 records did this with dead hearts - bitter verses preorders and even though i didnt win, i thought it was a cool idea.

for me....

i think you can sell 'em directly !

but i'm not sure the price of it.

i have an idea...

i think you might give one or two set of 'em to the buyer who purchase all colourd of 'em.

by random a name of lucky winner from your buyer list who bought a set of all version.

is it work ?

i have no idea what kind of pricing should be on them, but you absolutely should sell them. like i've said here and on the drag the river board, you run the best label/vinyl service in the world, from what i can tell. i think considering the recent scaling-back of the business you should do yourself a favour and get as much as you possibly can out of them. you're already doing the honourable thing by giving some copies to the band and suicide squeeze, so help out your fledgling business which deserves to be rewarded for it's excellent customer service, quality of product, and reasonable pricing.

anyways. do the auction. maximize profits for once!

I really like what Lifeline did, I think it's fair for everyone. And I'm EXTREMELY jealous of whoever it was on this board that won a copy of that 7". Congrats!

Hey. This is my first post as a logged in user but I was the dude who won the 7". I loved the raffle. Lifeline presses records at a loss and I had no problem paying for a raffle for the limited to 50 MLIW 7". It brought some extra scratch to the label and in the end I won a rad and super rad record.

That being said I think board members should get first crack. Or how about newest board members getting first crack.... :)

I don't know why I'm so curious about this, but I am. Did Lifeline just include the single with your order and that's how you knew you won? Or did they contact you separately and/or ship it separately?

Hey. This is my first post as a logged in user but I was the dude who won the 7". I loved the raffle. Lifeline presses records at a loss and I had no problem paying for a raffle for the limited to 50 MLIW 7". It brought some extra scratch to the label and in the end I won a rad and super rad record.

That being said I think board members should get first crack. Or how about newest board members getting first crack.... :)

I don't know why I'm so curious about this, but I am. Did Lifeline just include the single with your order and that's how you knew you won? Or did they contact you separately and/or ship it separately?

I had no idea at all. I opened my package and screamed with joy.

Guest Admin

thanks for everyone's input on this. I am going to sell the extra test pressings and am considering doing the following:

- Giving one to a lucky pre-order and just include it in with their order

- figuring out a way to get 1 registered message boarder one

- and auctioning off a few

I am also thinking about making silk-screened covers for the 20 test pressings with completely unique art.

How rad would that be?