MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

yup, i just got a refund too, i asked for one a month ago yesterday haha. oh well, i'll just order the hot topic one and then buy the MTS 7"s on the next pressing. which i think i'd rather have anyways instead of cramming everything into one jacket

i'm sure the foreword will be posted online by someone and i'm sure the "free record" will be a joke anyways

i don't know why someone wouldn't just make a damn 3xLP jacket and maybe throw together a small box for the 3 7"s to be housed in. having a record and a 7" in one pocket is already a goddamn disaster for record wear over the years. there's no special jacket that should be assembled for this blasphemy.

how about a screened bubble mailer for the 7"s shipped separately from the 3xLP? just as effective.

If you're letting this guy keep your money, you are not smart. Seriously. This is not coming out for still a few months.

Most people's money was basically stolen.

RJ, if you're ever in Cali hit me up. I'm gonna punch you in your fucking throat. It amazes me how no one in NY is willing to do this.

i'm sure he'll take you up on this offer.

So I was thinking. This record when it is done will most likely be a bet bulk package. Considering it has to hold in 3 7 inches inside the gatefold. After completion of the record I can see another delay. Headline reading toypaj delayed again cause we can't find a suitable lp cover to fit the record.

Just recieved a refund from MTS without asking for one. Does this mean the release is dead?

they are probably fucking up giving refunds by giving it to the wrong people/order numbers. if that's the case somehow MTS managed to turn this into an even bigger clusterfuck.

"label". im convinced its just RJ and dan and ryan? are just made up alias's.

Yup.

Maybe Dan and Ryan are both actually RJ?

I stand by this.

Also I really, really hope he accidentally refunded everyone somehow. That'd be amazing.

I also love how absolutely everything to do with this just seems be to going in circles. Someone should tell RJ going round and round in a circle isn't equivalent to moving "foreward" with his release.

[image]

Jesus Christ. Could the logo be any bigger?

Who cares how big it is? Who buys wooden necklaces?

I thought that the wooden necklace was a joke. That is really bizarre.

From MTS site-

UPDATE – 02/17/12

We are excited to announce that we are approaching the ship date for blink-182′s “Take Off Your Pants And Jacket” deluxe vinyl release from Mightier Than Sword Records. Yes it has taken a long time to get these finished up, but we have made substantial progress in the past couple months and are in the final stages of production. The main issue that we have had to deal with is sorting out the triple gatefold jacket with the 3 slits to fit the bonus 7″s. This is a custom job, and needs to be 100% perfect to make sure the 7″s fit perfectly in the slits, and the entire package folds together nicely. We have scrapped numerous jacket types and have finally found the perfect jacket to get things finished up. We are waiting for a quote back from the pressing plant, and once we have that, we will start production on the jackets and the turn time is expected to only be weeks.

The first pressing is very close to being out of print, and we’re projecting the last couple copies will be sold by Monday. This pressing is the only one that will have the special foreward by Mark Hoppus, and the other incentives that we’ve offered over the past months to make-up for how long this pressing has taken. Also, due to the complexity of the jackets, there is a very good chance that the triple gatefold jacket with slits for the 3 bonus 7″s may only be available with the first pressing of this release. If that is the case, future re-pressings will be a standard gatefold jacket with the bonus 7″s sold separately, no fully encompassing package for the LP and 3 7″s.

If you decide that you prefer a refund, or have e-mailed for a refund in the past, we will honor your request and send you an immediate refund. If you decide to keep your order and wait out the weeks until these are finally ready to ship, we promise that the release that you receive will be top notch in both sound and quality, and well worth the wait.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding your order, and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.

Thank you so much,

RJ // MTS

Wouldn't it have made more sense to get a quote before setting prices?

how in the heeelll are they projecting that this will be "out of print by monday"?

with all these refunds and the total shit storm surrounding this, it seems preposterous to think this entire pressing will have sold.

This place is insane. I'm sure he's had mad CC chargebacks. Blink 182 management has got to be really pissed off. Blink 182's label could easily yank the release back from em. At this point MTS has to be pissing off the band and their label and any pr folks of theirs. It wouldn't really suprise me if they end up having to scrap the release.

Every label makes mistakes, I've made huge ones, most people learn from their mistakes, but jesus this label has screwed up just about everything the've done. Instead of learning lessons from past mistakes, it seems they just keep making more nutso mistakes. I don't care how "big" MTS thinks they are just because they shell out money to majors to licence stuff from, any label having at least 3 employees, plus shelling out thousands in royalties and insane crazy packaging, is a disaster waiting to happen, the overhead is stupidly nuts. Especially something like this. Essentially it will have been a horrible version of a kickstarter.

I feel sorry kinda for the other smaller bands on MTS, they might be great bands but they are overshadowed by their controversial, slimebag label, and it looks like some of them are wondering about their own releases

People think I'm mean sometimes, but seriously if this were any other legit label or business people would be out for their heads.

i'm tellin ya, pre-orders are no way to do business if you're a label. if you need to raise funds, start up a kickstarter. but what 'label' would do that? this shit is a JOKE!