Netflix Price Hike Effective September 1st

OMG, like 4 real?

it's still a goddamn steal, you people are fucking cheap and whiny if you're complaining about this. If you can't afford $6 more dollars a month for the home delivery service, then you can't afford the $10 it costs now.

Horrible argument.

If my favorite local restaurant increased their prices 60%, I would stop eating there, not because I couldn't afford it, but because there are other alternatives the reap similar benefits.

It's $16 dollars.

It's still cheaper than any other service, and still cheaper than renting movies from video stores vs the potential usages the service provides.

So if you're going to go this route over buying and/or renting movies...it's still retarded cheap. Also, it's a corporation that operates solely to make money and are basically the industry standard on this service model. So if the idea of this costing you about 53 cents a day is fucking outrageous as compared to 33 cents...then I give up, you people are complaining soley for the sake of complaining and are fucking boring.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so they up the DVD membership to offset the more-convenient, and probably more-widely used streaming cost. maybe this will help them up their streaming game with more current releases. it'd be really cool to see netflix do some same-day-as-dvd or before-dvd releases like a lot of distributors run on demand. i think the streaming service can only get more valuable... right?

so they up the DVD membership to offset the more-convenient, and probably more-widely used streaming cost. maybe this will help them up their streaming game with more current releases. it'd be really cool to see netflix do some same-day-as-dvd or before-dvd releases like a lot of distributors run on demand. i think the streaming service can only get more valuable... right?

Movie studios hate that stuff, which is why some company's give their DVDs to netflix weeks later. I'm sure they'd be down for before/on release day releases if you had to pay for each one like on demand services. We obviously can't have netflix streaming for a set price drip into movie studio's DVD/Blu-ray sales profits.

Movie studios hate that stuff, which is why some company's give their DVDs to netflix weeks later. I'm sure they'd be down for before/on release day releases if you had to pay for each one like on demand services. We obviously can't have netflix streaming for a set price drip into movie studio's DVD/Blu-ray sales profits.

to be honest, i wouldn't be opposed to a commercial or 2 in a pre- or on release day release. studios need to figure out how to run with the times. think of how much money in advertising a company would spend to have thousands of people stream a movie with their advertisement in it. then after 30 days, the advertisement disappears and it's back to normal.

obviously not ideal, i'm just talking compromise.

$20 a month isn't bad, just sucks when costs go up, especially for something unessential.

To start charging separately for streaming, Netflix has to up the selection. There's always something to watch, but it's something you have to settle on. Rarely is there something I'm excited about.

It's $16 dollars.

It's still cheaper than any other service, and still cheaper than renting movies from video stores vs the potential usages the service provides.

So if you're going to go this route over buying and/or renting movies...it's still retarded cheap. Also, it's a corporation that operates solely to make money and are basically the industry standard on this service model. So if the idea of this costing you about 53 cents a day is fucking outrageous as compared to 33 cents...then I give up, you people are complaining soley for the sake of complaining and are fucking boring.

Of course people are going to complain. It's another price hike, albeit small, on people who are already pinched more than they used to be.

Do you stand at gas pumps at tell people what babies they're being when a $30 fillup last year becomes a $45 fillup this year?

It's $16 dollars.

Of course people are going to complain. It's another price hike, albeit small, on people who are already pinched more than they used to be.

Do you stand at gas pumps at tell people what babies they're being when a $30 fillup last year becomes a $45 fillup this year?

what he's saying is $16 is still cheaper than what movie rentals use to cost back in the day, so there really should not be a reason to complain. and since i worked for a video store for several years i can vouch for that. modest renters would easily spend $20+ a month on video rentals so $16 really isn't that expensive for the options you get.

besides with the film companies upping the price of digital rights, i would assume that is the reason for the price increase. $16 bucks in the grand scheme of things really isnt that much for what you get. and with the extra income netflix is planning to buy more digital rights anyway. so everyone wins.