Borders Going Out of Business

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closing discount is good for stuff like children's books, which aren't ever worth the price you pay for them. They're normally 5-15 pages or less and they cost as much as a new paperback novel.

Everything else worth having has been pretty well picked over by now and like it was stated above, you can get better discounts on Amazon or other sites online.

The closing discount is good for stuff like children's books, which aren't ever worth the price you pay for them. They're normally 5-15 pages or less and they cost as much as a new paperback novel.

Everything else worth having has been pretty well picked over by now and like it was stated above, you can get better discounts on Amazon or other sites online.

Didn't mean to start a discussion on the pros and cons of Borders, haha. In my experience, I found Borders to be much cheaper than Barnes and Noble (mainly because I only bought books with 40% off coupons from the newsletter and never got those from B&N). I'll miss it for that reason.

What I like about the sale is looking through the books and finding things you didn't expect to buy. Looking for something specific is hard when people put books down wherever they feel like.

Didn't mean to start a discussion on the pros and cons of Borders, haha. In my experience, I found Borders to be much cheaper than Barnes and Noble (mainly because I only bought books with 40% off coupons from the newsletter and never got those from B&N). I'll miss it for that reason.

What I like about the sale is looking through the books and finding things you didn't expect to buy. Looking for something specific is hard when people put books down wherever they feel like.