Bands That Broke Your Heart

Guest errolwest
A-Money! is crying. Most of you are. I am correct.

This thread should be renamed "Bands that disappointed my selfish desires".

Pathetic.

[image]

uhh. i think you dropped something?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing heartbreaking... Well, maybe Millencolin

Rise Against - After RPM.

Blindside lost me with the Great depression, but gained me back with the Black Rose Ep.

Millencolin lost me somewhere between Home From Home och Machine 15. Sad, since they were my favorite band growing up.

I haven't really enjoyed any new NOFX since 2003.

I really liked the first two Angels & Airwaves albums. Didn't not like Love.

The only Jets to brazil album I really really like is Orange Rhyming Dictionary.

Couldn't get into anything by Say Anything post-real-boy.

The Knife was brilliant, but got worse over the years.

I truly liked New Found Glory up til Coming Home. Could NOT get into NWAF, and Radiosurgery doesn't promise much.

MxPx were awesome in the 90's, but lost it somewhere around 2000. The speed that is.

Pendleton were awesome up until their first full length. Should've quit before.

Kid Down - truly liked their first EPs and full length. Nothing after though.

Yellowcard - should have stayed skatepunk.

Adhesive should never have released We got The Beat. They redeemed themselves somewhat with The Indecision Alarm.

speaking of mewithoutYou - stoked for LP 5!

Weezer- Pinkerton is one of my favorite albums of all time and I haven't been interested in anything they've put out after that. I really want to like them, but can't get into any of it.

Saves The Day- i can't stand Chris' voice anymore. They were huge for me in high school. As was said before, after SWYA I haven't cared about anything they put out.

I also have to disagree with those disliking the last MWY album and Cursive after Ugly Organ. I love the progression both bands have taken with new material. Tim's one of my favorite songwriters of all time and to me hasn't put out a disappointing album yet. I love the MWY folky sound from the last record and really hope they continue that moving forward.

The best scenario is when a band releases their best album, then split up, so they can't break your heart.

See Mineral or Texas is the Reason.

or Kiss it Goodbye.

ultimate band output: a demo, 2 7"s and a full length.

You're right !

What about The Promise ?

a 7", and a great album...

I'm generally fairly non-judgmental about these things, but i remember rushing home after buying bad religion's recipe for hate the day it came out. Popped it in the cd tray and was sadly disappointed. I think i nearly cried when i heard the steel lap guitar.

i have come around on a lot a records that i poo-pooed when they came out, e.g., quicksand slip, jawbreaker dear you, post 13-songs fugazi, later samiam, tguk something to write home about, etc. However, no dice on recipe.

The Knife was brilliant, but got worse over the years.

Wha....

Almost everything The Knife puts out is fantastic. Silent Shout was and is my favorite release from them.......that and Deep Cuts

somehow the s/t is still my favourite, followed by deep cuts and then silent shout... don't get me wrong, I thoroughly like silent shout, it's a great piece of music, but it doesn't get me the way the earlier stuff does.

have you heard tomorrow in a year? it's just weird.

Saves The Day- i can't stand Chris' voice anymore. They were huge for me in high school. As was said before, after SWYA I haven't cared about anything they put out.

mxpx- Before Everything And After and Panic were so horrible that I had almost completely stopped listening to them. But their newest album Secret Weapon is pretty badass and has completely renewed my love for them.

dead poetic- New Medicines was such a good album but I cant even listen to it anymore because of how shitty their 3rd/final album was.