Bands That Broke Your Heart

Not sure if this topic has been discussed. What bands that you've loved have broken your heart/ gotten so bad that you've disowned them/stopped listening/etc.?

For me, the most recent one is Maylene and the Sons of Disaster. i've listened to the two tracks they've premiered for IV, and they are awful. i loved this band; Maylene I is excellent, II was decent, but with II and (what i've heard of) IV, they've really lost me. It hurts to say this.

Another one would be Coheed and Cambria. Loved SSTB and IKSSE. IV and NWFT were bad arena rock albums. YOBR was alright, i guess. To their credit, both Maylene and Coheed are still excellent live.

Others include Minus the Bear and Metallica (of course). What are yours?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thrice....loved the first two records, Artist in the Ambulance took me a while to get into, but i dug it.....everything after has not been my cup of tea....i saw them about a year ago playing with O'Brother and Manchester Orchestra and thought they were the most lifeless band live, they used to tear ass all around the stage and man Dustin can't scream to save his life on stage anymore

Guest markovianprocess

Attack In Black have really disappointed me in the sense that they went from Marriage to doing these really mellow albums. I like the albums they have produced since, but it just seems like they're dicking around when I know they are capable of producing another record like Marriage.

The Matches too. They make E Von Dahl (one of my favourite albums as a teenager), and then they go out with A Band In Hope. That record was fucking terrible. After seeing how much energy they had around the E Von Dahl stage in their live DVD, and then finally seeing them live myself around the time of A Band In Hope, I was so disappointed. They stood still the entire time, and just looked like they didn't care any more. Shame.

Thrice....loved the first two records, Artist in the Ambulance took me a while to get into, but i dug it.....everything after has not been my cup of tea....i saw them about a year ago playing with O'Brother and Manchester Orchestra and thought they were the most lifeless band live, they used to tear ass all around the stage and man Dustin can't scream to save his life on stage anymore

weird. saw thrice last year and i thought his voice was still really strong. i will say i think its pretty obvious they dont really care much for their older material.

ive already resolved myself to the fact that most bands i really like / love have already wrote the best music theyre ever going to write. for me, doing that really makes it a lot easier to enjoy newer material than to constantly compare to something that will never be comparable.

on that note, saw DCFC last night. was expecting a set filled with mostly stuff from narrow stairs and codes and keys and they played way more old stuff than i was expecting. it was great. not a lot of bands like to recognize their older material save for a song or two at most i feel (ie. thrice), so it was refreshing.

Cursive after The Ugly Organ

And I love the new Thursday - don't get all the hate.

this!

the only way i'd go see cursive play live today is if they only played things from the ugly organ or earlier.

I didn't get into the later Cursive LP's much at all but I saw them open for Alkaline Trio like a year ago and they tore it up live, both old and new shit. The trio set had far less energy and I left after 3 songs.

Bummed about Thrice after Artist In The Ambulance

Annoyed at Rise Against after Revolution Per Minute

Against Me! is a band I refuse to see live ever again. Songs about $5 dollar shows, bricks through Starbucks windows, spineless liberals and anarchy should never make way for "I Was A Teenage Anarchist." Such bullshit.

2nd civ record, 4th suicide machines record, everything after 5 stories by thursday

2nd civ recordx1million that was awful

i worked in a record store with Justin from Sum of All Fears (who i think later sang for counterfeit i wanna say?) one copy came in on new release tuesday.. we literally tackled each other to get it... i won.. bought it.. offered to give to him for free the next day... to which he responded.. no thanks i heard it last night

Whoever even considers putting Underoath, mewithoutYou, As Cities Burn, or Copeland on this thread is a complete buffoon.

you were 10 years old when mwY's and Copeland's first full lengths were released.

also, mwY's latest album pales in comparison to their first 3 LPs.

i went to a record store today and was reminded of something pretty appropriate...

eighteen visions

when i was in high school, "the best of" came out, and it was pretty good. everything after that was such garbage. pretty happy i found "the best of" on vinyl though. interesting blast from the past, though i'm not even sure i'll like it anymore.