new tattoo appresh

On 4/21/2017 at 8:20 PM, shadowkid33 said:

Holy shit, I can't believe you got something from Kyle. He's near the top of my list of people I want to get tattooed by someday. This especially is beautiful, I love his night skies with the white stars. How did it heal up?? Care to post any healed pics?

!! He was really friendly and awesome.  I'm from CT ( as you could probs tell ) and was planning a trip to Portland so I told him that and he made room for me in his schedule  and it worked out really nicely.

The healing process was different from all of my other big tattoos cause it's just black.  It barely peeled, didn't scab over at all, but itched a lot more than my large color pieces on the other arms.  Most of my tattoos didn't itch much so this was new to me.  Anyways it healed very quickly and perfectly, not one blemish and it's as black as black goes still.  Took like 10 days.

I got that small ghost a few days later on my leg and that literally took twice as long to heal..

KuZOzWl.jpg

Edited by Team Avatar

9 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

That's fuckin' tight @shadowkid33 who did it? A guy I'm trying to book an appointment with was at that convention, Nate Hudak. 

Thanks! Craig Chazan (his Instagram is Boxcartattoer) did it. And I saw Nate Hudak there, he was in the same wing of the convention that Boxcar was! So many good artists there.

Haven't been on VC very much over the last 6 months. Part of reason why is because my girlfriend of 8 years was diagnosed with breast cancer last October and life has been pretty hectic. I got this piece a few months back

94t6aVm36.jpg

Edited by Brock N Roll

I just got another calf tattoo. It was done by Becca Genne-Bacon at Kings Ave. Tattoo in Manhattan who put in a bit of overtime last night on this one.. This is a memorial to my best friend to passed away on Thanksgiving in a freak diving accident off the coast of Florida. I couldn't be happier with how it came out. The photo does not do it justice considering the crappy lighting in my apartment it curving around my swollen calf.

IMG_5804.jpg

On 4/25/2017 at 9:38 AM, Team Avatar said:

!! He was really friendly and awesome.  I'm from CT ( as you could probs tell ) and was planning a trip to Portland so I told him that and he made room for me in his schedule  and it worked out really nicely.

The healing process was different from all of my other big tattoos cause it's just black.  It barely peeled, didn't scab over at all, but itched a lot more than my large color pieces on the other arms.  Most of my tattoos didn't itch much so this was new to me.  Anyways it healed very quickly and perfectly, not one blemish and it's as black as black goes still.  Took like 10 days.

I got that small ghost a few days later on my leg and that literally took twice as long to heal..

KuZOzWl.jpg

Yo! Did you see your tat got reblogged by blxcink on Instagram?  

• 2 weeks later...

Finished this Deerhunter-inspired dude by Jack Goks in London yesterday!  This is my fourth piece but my first one that's full color and bigger than hand-sized.  Pretty big milestone for me since I'm diabetic and have always been warned about getting tattooed, but I've learned that as long as I take it slow and baby the shit out of it in between it's totally doable. (Tegaderm has been a lifesaver for this!) Background/leaves are healed in this pic and the deer and flowers are fresh.

fm38nVj.jpg

Can't wait to finish healing so I can get some non-iPhone shots. We're already discussing doing my first highly visible piece on my arm in the fall which will be another huge milestone. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Big thanks to Greg at Atlas Tattoo for knocking this out for me today! Forgot how much getting my chest tattooed hurts.

skyek7.jpg

Looks tight. The owner of the shop I frequent most, Colin McClain, will be at Atlas next month. He's the best tattooer in Indiana, imo. Check him out on instagram, it's next level shit. 

5 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Looks tight. The owner of the shop I frequent most, Colin McClain, will be at Atlas next month. He's the best tattooer in Indiana, imo. Check him out on instagram, it's next level shit. 

Will do. I mostly only get tattooed by Greg anymore since I met him, we're working on finishing off my chest. After I finally get that shit done I may think about getting someone else to tattoo me :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...