new tattoo appresh

Anyone going to the Philadelphia Tattoo Convention this weekend? I have a couple appointments booked so far with a couple of Virginia's finest. One with Jacob Rempe @rempetattoo and another with Tony Talbert @tonytrustworthy ,

There are a couple good shows going on this weekend too somewhat hosted by the event with Murphy's Law at the Troc on Friday night and Poison Idea + Iron Reagan at Voltage Lounge on Saturday night. Noisem are also in town Saturday night. I wish they put them on one of the other bills.

Been tattooed by both those guys. Tony is the fucking man.

Anyone going to the Philadelphia Tattoo Convention this weekend? I have a couple appointments booked so far with a couple of Virginia's finest. One with Jacob Rempe @rempetattoo and another with Tony Talbert @tonytrustworthy ,

There are a couple good shows going on this weekend too somewhat hosted by the event with Murphy's Law at the Troc on Friday night and Poison Idea + Iron Reagan at Voltage Lounge on Saturday night. Noisem are also in town Saturday night. I wish they put them on one of the other bills.

Gahh, I wish I could get tattooed by Tony! The Philly convention is stacked

He is awesome. I have gotten 4 pieces from him and going for another in April. Really surprised he doesnt travel more.

I am pretty excited to get something from him. As soon as he posted he was coming I jumped on it. I was about to make a drive to see him since it isn't crazy far away. 

Feeling pretty sore today and potentially going back for a third day on the last day on the convention. Friday I got a spider chick from @rempetattoo on the upper right thigh near the crease at the hip. He hasn't posted a fresh picture yet so here is my crappy image all bruised up from the end of the day after cleaning it up. It looks a lot better in person including the sweet red and purple bruises outlining the legs haha 

Spider.jpg

Today I got to meet one of the nicest and most humble tattoo artists in @tonytrustworthy. Had a lot of fun getting this Kid Dynamite inspired torch and am proud to have it as my first visible tattoo.

Torch.jpg

yep! that's my bad religion lady haha. thanks! it's pretty much exactly what i had envisioned for it and knew he'd kill it. 

he's done a lot of great ladies over the years and shouldn't be too hard to find a bunch more to check out if you search on the google or dig through his massive portfolio. i don't think i've ever seen him do a horse, but i really love the way he draws animals and people in general, so i'm sure it would be a rad piece. 

i wish i had snapped a pic of the other versions of the design that he had whipped up to show you just as a karr lady + other things example. one had a queen, a king, and a castle. it was pretty awesome, but not really what i was looking for. 

also, his new studio is pretty great. so nice to not have a million other random people and artists around. 

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I'll look more into his work. I will definitely need to save up a bunch for this tattoo, considering the size I want to it be, it'll be on my back. Just something so gnarly about a badass horse and lady on my back.  Haha. I imagine it'll cost like $500 maybe more I'm not sure. 

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I'll look more into his work. I will definitely need to save up a bunch for this tattoo, considering the size I want to it be, it'll be on my back. Just something so gnarly about a badass horse and lady on my back.  Haha. I imagine it'll cost like $500 maybe more I'm not sure. 

If you're doing a full back piece...way more.

I get the appeal of a back piece, it's essentially the biggest blank canvas on the body, but I imagine it'll probably be the one of the last spots for me as I'd really prefer to have tattoos that I can see without the aid of a photo.

Agreed. Back piece will be the I'm 45 years old, Iv run out of room, and I still have the desire to be tattooed type of piece.

I already have the idea for my back, I'm just saving it til last because it's gonna hurt. I took a break finishing my chest and started my leg because it's terrifying thinking of the pain haha. I'm a baby.

I didn't think the back or chest were bad at all, but places like the knee and elbow ditches are my kryptonite. I'd rather get my sternum hit for an hour than my elbow ditch for five minutes.

I am pretty nervous about how much my hands are gonna hurt for that exact reason.

The tops are a breeze. Fingers and palm are terrible, while the thumb isn't bad.

Two days till my next appointment and I'm so excited. Since its a filler session, I think I've decided to get the words "through being cool" underneath my Bridge Nine/vinyl tattoo, and probably something Star Wars related on the back of my arm/elbow.

I didn't think the back or chest were bad at all, but places like the knee and elbow ditches are my kryptonite. I'd rather get my sternum hit for an hour than my elbow ditch for five minutes.

Your sternum has a tiny 20-30 min tattoo on it though. Ditches are bad but they don't give you that same helpless feeling you get when getting tattood operating room style for 3 hours a session haha. I'm a back virgin so I have no idea, I hope it isn't bad like you say.

Your sternum has a tiny 20-30 min tattoo on it though. Ditches are bad but they don't give you that same helpless feeling you get when getting tattood operating room style for 3 hours a session haha. I'm a back virgin so I have no idea, I hope it isn't bad like you say.

My right arm ditch took like two and a half hours, and bruised most of my arm. Could barely move it for a few days. I'm also scrawny, but still. It was fuckin' rough. The lower back is terrible for males because of the kidneys, but women never seem to complain. The upper three quarters of your back though, total cakewalk if you've been tattooed a couple times. I need to redo mine because an idiot friend of mine botched it, but I'm putting it off because I sat for 70% of it already and would rather cover my limbs first.

Yeah...my chest hurt pretty damn bad and I was only there for like 2 1/2 hours. It was all sternum work though.

The tops are a breeze. Fingers and palm are terrible, while the thumb isn't bad.

Oh that's good to hear, both tops will be done by the 26th of March and my fingers on the 6th of April. I guessed the fingers will suck but I'm still looking forward to getting them done, although currently unsure of what I'm getting. Currently thinking of something Converge based (but not JANE DOE cos obvious).

Elbow ditch is inside the elbow yeah? Christ, I hadn't thought of that. That's gotta suck so bad.