beneathbelow

What books are you reading?

43 minutes ago, batman said:

Started reading Stephen King's 'The Stand' earlier.

Just finished this the other night.  Fucking epic.

Started “The Disaster Artist” the other day.  Wanted to read it before the movie next month.  It’s ridiculous so far and I love every second.

I just finished Theft by Finding: Diaries by David Sedaris. Simply put, if you enjoy Sedaris, you'll like it. The most intriguing aspect for me was the progression of his career, but I also looked forward to significant dates in history to see if he'd comment on the event. 

Now, I'm reading the Trump book by Wolf and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. They have some eerie similarities. 

1 hour ago, joshman150 said:

What'd you think about Gerald's Game? I thought the ending was chilling!

I loved it!  I watched the movie almost immediately after finishing it and it was probably one of the best book to film adaptations I’ve ever seen.  The ending was definitely creepy as fuck.  I know King gets a lot of shit for not being good at ending his stuff, but I really liked the ending.

4 hours ago, bluethumb said:

I usually have multiple books going over long periods of time... it doesn't make for the most cohesive reading experience but here's what I'm into now:

House of Leaves - Mark Danielewski (wild book)

American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis

Dharma Bums - Jack Kerouac

Man, I know a bunch of folks here love HoL, but I didn't really enjoy it. American Psycho was pretty good, but I liked Less Than Zero more, and I've surprisingly never read any Kerouac.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Man, I know a bunch of folks here love HoL, but I didn't really enjoy it. American Psycho was pretty good, but I liked Less Than Zero more, and I've surprisingly never read any Kerouac.

House of Leaves is daunting to say the least, but it has kept my interest so far. Kerouac is the complete opposite; simple writing, quick read, but his books speak to that part of me that could go Thoreau on everyone's ass.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/10c078b0-d573-40e2-b3ad-6c041770bac2