What books are you reading?

If anyone is interested in short reads, I have a bunch of short stories I'd be happy to link that are pretty incredible.  They are all done by different authors and the majority of them are pretty bleak and depressing.  I'm a lit major so I tend to read a number of short stories on the daily, I tend to keep the ones that hold the most impact around and like to share them. 

Intentional Dissonance

IntentionalDissonanceCoverGlitch_zps6550

NewLand, the last city on Earth after The End. Before The End, the world was on the cusp of widespread adaptation of technologies that should never have been invented. Popular use of teleportation polluted the fabric of time and space. The gifts of a select few meant a whole new world was about to erupt. After The End, Jon Salt is addicted to feeling. In a world where the remaining populace is drugged into being happy, Jon escapes through his addiction to Sadness and his gift of bringing life to mere thoughts. A shadowy government department has taken an interest in his remarkable abilities and it's a surreal and strange world that he tries to evade, but his efforts are impeded by his all-consuming obsession over Michelle, the only girl he's ever loved.

holiday reading

Hard Work: Remaking the American Labor Movement by Rick Fantasia and Kim Voss (Jun 16, 2004)

semester reading

Compensation by George Milkovich (Author), Jerry Newman (Author), Barry Gerhart (Author)

How to Prepare and Present a Labor Arbitration Case, 2nd edition by Charles S. Loughran

327671777_79b8bd3d84.jpg

and thoroughly enjoying it.

I've wanted to read House of Leaves for such a long time, but I can never find it at any used stores. May take the plunge and buy it on Amazon sometime.

I don't know why but I love 'the rules of attraction' probably my most read book. But right now I'm on a biography kick, reading the Keith Richards and Steve Jobs bio's.

That has been my favorite of his books that I've read.

My mom has been bugging me to read that 'gone girl' book, so I finally did. It only took me a little over a day. it was INSANE. I have no idea why my mom would want me to read that.

Perfect Youth by Sam Sutherland

history of the early Canadian Punk rock bands, it's pretty good, though the editing could have been a little better.

perfectyouthmed.jpg

Does it give any info about the Viletones and the Forgotten Rebels? Great obscure bands. I've always wanted to find the originals of the Viletones 45 and the first Forgotten Rebels lp.

About to read The Alchemist. Never heard of it or have any idea what it's about. Was given to me by my dad's old work colleague. 65 million copies sold apparently  

I feel like there's a certain time in life where The Alchemist makes sense to everyone.  That time is obviously different for everyone and if you read it at the wrong time, you probably won't get it.  I read it during a time of flux in my life, and enjoyed it more than most books I've read in the past few years.  But again, if the timing's wrong, you might not like it.

I'm currently starting the Master and Commander series.  Been recommended to me for so long.  I bought the Sea of Words dictionary to go along with it so I could understand what I am actually reading.  I'm stoked to start this 21 book epic!

Well i am currently unemployed, nearly 21, never finished my university degree, watching my friends finish their degrees at reputable universities, parents very upset at where i am right now in life, overweight, feel like I am going nowhere  blarh blarh and i've worn Sarongs almost exclusively for the past 2 months. Mind that's not a problem, Sarongs are awesome. Seems like the ideal time to read it?

I am reading Red Dragon right now and enjoying it a million times more than that piece of shit movie. I like Manhunter but the Red Dragon movie is complete shit. I will probably read this and Silence of the Lambs then stop the series. The other books seem too ridiculous for my tastes,

• 3 weeks later...