Porcupine Tree "Fear Of A Blank Planet" double LP

Do you know if this will include the Nil Recurring EP?

the press release didn't specify, unfortunately. Here's the whole thing if you want to check for yourself:

Following the release earlier this year of its Fear of a Blank Planet album and a sold-out tour of the United States, Porcupine Tree will be returning to North America with a fall go-round , new EP, and new format releases of Blank Planet on vinyl and DVD-Audio.

[...]

To coincide with the tour, the band has released a four-song EP, Nil Recurring, which was written during the Fear of a Blank Planet sessions. The title track features King Crimson's Robert Fripp on guitar. The fan club-only release is sold out online, but will be available at the tour dates. Fear of a Blank Planet has also been released in DVD-A 5.1 surround sound, with the four Nil Recurring tracks also mixed in 5.1. On October 3, the album will be released by ToneFloat on 180 gram double vinyl.

• 9 years later...

Historic 10 year bump.

large6798.jpg

2017 Kscope double 180g blue vinyl edition of Porcupine Tree's 2007 classic remastered by Steven Wilson from the 2012 masters and, for the first time, with the original 6 track album spread out across 4 sides.

Cut at 33 and a third rpm to optimise quality.

Features guest appearances from Alex Lifeson (on the 17 minute Antesthetize) and Robert Fripp (on Way Out Of Here).

The original edition also contained the 4 tracks from Nil Recurring mini album, but these are now available as a stand alone release.

Packaged in a gatefold sleeve with insert.

Pre-order for 7th April release.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree/product/169/8586/

@Sasan

1 hour ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Historic 10 year bump.

large6798.jpg

2017 Kscope double 180g blue vinyl edition of Porcupine Tree's 2007 classic remastered by Steven Wilson from the 2012 masters and, for the first time, with the original 6 track album spread out across 4 sides.

Cut at 33 and a third rpm to optimise quality.

Features guest appearances from Alex Lifeson (on the 17 minute Antesthetize) and Robert Fripp (on Way Out Of Here).

The original edition also contained the 4 tracks from Nil Recurring mini album, but these are now available as a stand alone release.

Packaged in a gatefold sleeve with insert.

Pre-order for 7th April release.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree/product/169/8586/

@Sasan

Oh man, ...it's one of the only albums of which I own more than one variant.

I have all the original releases (blue/black marbled , regular 180gr black, and the PinkPop version)...not sure if I need another one

But maybe I do :D

So it's just a straight repress of this, right? Same blue color too. Weird they're promoting it like it's some brand new pressing.

https://www.discogs.com/Porcupine-Tree-Fear-Of-A-Blank-Planet/release/9071157

I think I'll hang onto my first run numbered box set on blue/black vinyl with the complete tracklist.... WAHAHA....

11 hours ago, filthyrich said:

So it's just a straight repress of this, right? Same blue color too. Weird they're promoting it like it's some brand new pressing.

https://www.discogs.com/Porcupine-Tree-Fear-Of-A-Blank-Planet/release/9071157

I think I'll hang onto my first run numbered box set on blue/black vinyl with the complete tracklist.... WAHAHA....

Seems to be the same but it's probably a good thing because there's only one copy of it on discogs and its selling for £60, whereas this new one for the April 7th 2017 is only £17.99. 

Definitely wouldn't go about replacing any of your originals in favour of this as it is a straight up re-issue but its good for anyone who's late to the party. Burning Shed are great for affordable quality pressing's I'm hard pushed to think of many UK labels putting out double gatefold LPs on coloured wax for under £20 before shipping. Price point for that sort of thing is normally £24.99+ over here these days with the bubble being where it is. I just wish I was into more prog so I could chuck them more money.

10 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Definitely wouldn't go about replacing any of your originals in favour of this as it is a straight up re-issue but its good for anyone who's late to the party.

This one doesn't have the Nil Recurring EP on it...

10 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Burning Shed are great for affordable quality pressing's I'm hard pushed to think of many UK labels putting out double gatefold LPs on coloured wax for under £20 before shipping. Price point for that sort of thing is normally £24.99+ over here these days with the bubble being where it is. I just wish I was into more prog so I could chuck them more money.

Yeah, I love their prices (except shipping, because adding a second LP doubles shipping costs)! Their releases are always highest quality and quite affordable!

10 minutes ago, Sasan said:

This one doesn't have the Nil Recurring EP on it...

Yeah, I love their prices (except shipping, because adding a second LP doubles shipping costs)! Their releases are always highest quality and quite affordable!

The one  @filthyrich linked to doesn't have Nil Recurring EP on it either so this looking to be a repress of that KScope version.

I don't think I've ever ordered two things at the same time from them so if it automatically doubles postage maybe it's a good thing my prog love isn't out of hand. I'll be mindful of that in the future but as I'm in the UK shipping is dirt cheap from them for me so even if it did double it'd be like £6 which is still less than what I would pay to get into town and find a shop that actually stocked their stuff hahaha.  They really do secure their packages well which is another point to their credit.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

Just off the top of my head, there have been six (??) pressings of this. Current going rate added after:

1) Original 2007 Tonefloat 2XLP pressing on black vinyl with all 4 NR tracks included ($$$)

2) Same 2007 pressing on blue/black marbled vinyl in a numbered (/1000) box with art prints ($$$$$$)

3) Same 2007 pressing done a year later on pink vinyl (/500) for Pinkpop ($$$$)

4) 2015 pressing, basically identical to #1 ($$)

5) 2016 pressing on blue vinyl, no NR tracks ($$$)

And now...

6) 2017 pressing, identical to #6 ($)

So you can get the blue vinyl version for cheap again if you don't care about the NR tracks. If you want those 4 extra songs, #4 is a cheaper option than #1. (You can also get NR separately, and that plus #6 is basically the same cost as #4.)

The pink and blue/black variants will still cost you some $$$.

23 hours ago, filthyrich said:

Just off the top of my head, there have been six (??) pressings of this. Current going rate added after:

1) Original 2007 Tonefloat 2XLP pressing on black vinyl with all 4 NR tracks included ($$$)

2) Same 2007 pressing on blue/black marbled vinyl in a numbered (/1000) box with art prints ($$$$$$)

3) Same 2007 pressing done a year later on pink vinyl (/500) for Pinkpop ($$$$)

4) 2015 pressing, basically identical to #1 ($$)

5) 2016 pressing on blue vinyl, no NR tracks ($$$)

And now...

6) 2017 pressing, identical to #6 ($)

So you can get the blue vinyl version for cheap again if you don't care about the NR tracks. If you want those 4 extra songs, #4 is a cheaper option than #1. (You can also get NR separately, and that plus #6 is basically the same cost as #4.)

The pink and blue/black variants will still cost you some $$$.

I'd say five presses since this is the same as the one from last year (as confirmed by BS)