Drive (film)

mclz

i've never seen anything like Drive before.. at least in a theater. i always think its a cop out when people attribute slow movies to the building of tension, but that's exactly how i would describe the first half of Drive.. and it fucking works 100%.

the acting was superb (albert brooks and bryan cranston especially.) ryan gosling didn't annoy me as much as he usually does. his performance felt awkward to me at first, but it seemed to gel as the film went on. and christina hendricks was.. ya know, busty.

also, one of the best first scenes to a movie i think i have ever seen. seriously.

and yeah, as mentioned above, soundtrack was great.

I've seen Drive three times now, unbelievable film. Nicolas Winding Refn is one of the best living directors.

i saw bronson recently and couldn't really get into (not nearly as much as i did with this new flick.) have you seen the pusher trilogy or vahalla rising? i've been meaning to check those out.

i've never seen anything like Drive before.. at least in a theater. i always think its a cop out when people attribute slow movies to the building of tension, but that's exactly how i would describe the first half of Drive.. and it fucking works 100%.

the acting was superb (albert brooks and bryan cranston especially.) ryan gosling didn't annoy me as much as he usually does. his performance felt awkward to me at first, but it seemed to gel as the film went on. and christina hendricks was.. ya know, busty.

also, one of the best first scenes to a movie i think i have ever seen. seriously.

I've seen Drive three times now, unbelievable film. Nicolas Winding Refn is one of the best living directors.

i saw bronson recently and couldn't really get into (not nearly as much as i did with this new flick.) have you seen the pusher trilogy or vahalla rising? i've been meaning to check those out.

They're all great! But I was also a huge fan of Bronson.

if you liked this, then check out some of Michael Mann's films, this really felt like one of his movies.

if you liked this, then check out some of Michael Mann's films, this really felt like one of his movies.

Yes. It. Did. From the hot pink cursive in the beginning and ending credits, to the soundtrack that came straight of the 80's. This could easily be confused with a Michael Mann flick.

Btw, his daughter, Aimee Mann, has movie coming out called Texas Killing Fields. It also has the same feel to it. I'm not a fan of Sam Worthington, but it has Jeffrey Dean Morgan (The Comedian from The Watchmen), Jessica Chastain (the hot redhead from The Debt) and Chloe Moretz (who will forever be known as Hit Girl). Probably won't be as good as drive, but should still be worth watching.

Holy shit was this movie awesome. It starts out slow, but lots of blood and guts and just an overall great flick. Anyone else see it yet?

Probably one of the better films I've seen this year. The beginning did feel a bit slow to me and I was a little annoyed at the lack of dialogue in the beginning but it eventually made up for it. For a while I just kept wondering "How long are we going to watch the Driver and Irene just look at each other with lovesick puppy dog eyes and not saying hardly anything?"

One thing that I thought was funny was going back and watching the trailer for the movie. They essentially divulge the ENTIRE plot line of the movie except for how it ends. What kind of trailer is that??? That's not a preview, it's a plot summary! Also, they made the movie look like some sort of racing/fast and furious kind of flick which is not at all what this movie is about. Had they marketed this towards the right demographic they might have taken a better spot at the box office when this opened. It got 3rd behind a 3D re-release of the Lion King and Contagion which was in its second week. Makes me want to wretch.

• 3 weeks later...

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/13/moviegoer-sues-not-enough-driving-in-drive/?hpt=hp_c2

Hilaaaaarious. Isn't it easier to just go back to the ticket booth and ask to speak with the manager in order to get your money back? Actually filing suit against the film seems a little... I don't know... completely and utterly retarded.