Smashing Pumpkins

Yeah, I'll hold off. If the Mellon collie release taught me anything it's that there will be piles of these things that some retailer will put on firewall to move within the year.

I agree. You can still find Gish, SD, PI, and MCIS in any format you want for cheeper than the original release price.

Yep same here, mellon collie was 4 lps and retailed for like 80, this is 5 lps and 140, i dont get why its 60 more bucks.

I wouldn't be surprised if the run of this set is significantly smaller than MCIS, so perhaps the cost per unit is more and would then reflect in a higher price. But I'm sure its possible that it was also knocked up a few bucks too because people would love to have these tracks on vinyl.

Still $140 on Amazon - http://tinyurl.com/aeroplanevinyl

Tempted to just suck it up and order. Is the the only time Set the Ray to Jerry has been on vinyl?

Also love this from the pitchfork review today: "the tracks have been remastered here, though liars and professional audio engineers are the only people who will claim to notice the effect."

Mellon Collie is under $30 PPD right now in the "used" section on amazon, fulfillment by amazon.   Worth a chance?  I picked up a similar version a few weeks ago and the box set came sealed with some light wear.  Don't ask about zero, still sealed.  Of course, kidamnesiac should NOT buy this box set as he will never be happy with the pressing at any price.  Maybe the manufacturer repackaged all the returns he sent back for the rest of us.   Obviously this seller is not a record store and just pushing refurbished product.  18 in stock at 10am.  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008Z9L94O/ref=sr_1_2_up_1_lp__olp?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1374241012&sr=1-2&condition=used

Mellon Collie is under $30 PPD right now in the "used" section on amazon, fulfillment by amazon.   Worth a chance?  I picked up a similar version a few weeks ago and the box set came sealed with some light wear.  Don't ask about zero, still sealed.  Of course, kidamnesiac should NOT buy this box set as he will never be happy with the pressing at any price.  Maybe the manufacturer repackaged all the returns he sent back for the rest of us.   Obviously this seller is not a record store and just pushing refurbished product.  18 in stock at 10am.  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008Z9L94O/ref=sr_1_2_up_1_lp__olp?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1374241012&sr=1-2&condition=used

Go for it.  I bought this set used like new a few weeks ago and it arrived in original packaging with nothing wrong that I could find.

EDIT:   Full disclosure--Given that they list 18 in inventory, I picked up a second copy for the girlfriend.  17 left!

I've ordered "like new" items from Amazon Warehouse and received brand new packages... most recently the Beatles deluxe Magical Mystery Tour. I wonder if the "like new" label is for customer returns that have been unopened.

That has been my experience.  I have gotten some killer deals on brand new stuff ordering used-like new.  It's always going to be YMMV, but since it's Amazon...returns are fairly painless anyway.

LOL. Well said. I ended up getting the EU pressing for about $70 on amazon.co.uk a few months back and could not be happier.

I too cancelled my order for TAFH due to the price. Thinking the same as a lot of people here, that it will show up cheaper soon after its release.

Tempted to just suck it up and order. Is the the only time Set the Ray to Jerry has been on vinyl?

Outside of "Ugly", "Believe" and "Cherry" - which were on the commercial UK "1979" 12" - and "Tribute to Johnny" and "Pennies" - on a UK 12" promo for "Zero" - all of the b-sides are making their vinyl debut.

I *swear* I saw a commercial "Zero" 12" in the stores back in the day with a random assortment of the b-sides, but I must be thinking of the promo 12".

I've ordered "like new" items from Amazon Warehouse and received brand new packages... most recently the Beatles deluxe Magical Mystery Tour. I wonder if the "like new" label is for customer returns that have been unopened.

On the other hand I got the Public Enemy box set and the box is bashed and covered in postage stickers etc. Sleeves and vinyl inside are mint though, so considering I saved about £50 I can live with it.

after getting burned jumping on the Mellon Collie set w/distorted Zero (which isn't a huge dealbreaker considering I got the set for $35), definitely going to wait to hear reviews on this one and wait for the price drop. I do wish some of the bonus content from the CD set was included though... especially at the price they are asking.