Smashing Pumpkins

Yeah it's the adore tour I'll post a pic later. Sucks that Its XL but that didn't stop my hoarding ways. I have a bunch of shirts that don't fit me but I buy because they're something I don't see all the time. I bought a beastie boys aba shirt for $4 before mca died. Saw it on ebay for about $100 but mine has a little stain on the side

Yeah it's the adore tour I'll post a pic later. Sucks that Its XL but that didn't stop my hoarding ways. I have a bunch of shirts that don't fit me but I buy because they're something I don't see all the time. I bought a beastie boys aba shirt for $4 before mca died. Saw it on ebay for about $100 but mine has a little stain on the side

I'll give you $2 for it

If you wanted to send off that other one since you're getting a free replacement I wouldn't say no to it... ;)

I would be fine with it but she said i had to send it back and they were sending a return label..... and looking at my old order i remember when someone in 2013 said these were $55 cad shipped. Now they are $98 ish

I'll legit give you like 20 bucks if you wanna sell

• 1 month later...

I'm finally going to pick up Mellon Collie on vinyl. I got two questions, if anyone can help me out:

1. I don't remember where, but I remember reading that there are distortion problems (or something like that) with the 4xLP reissue? If anyone owns a copy, can you tell me how bad it is?

2. What's a good price to pick up the 4xLP reissue for? Cheapest place to buy it? Or do you think there will be any sales for this album, and that I should wait? Sorry for the stinginess, haha.

Thanks for the help.

@Danh There's been major problems with IGD (inner groove distortion) on the initial 4LP repress in 2012. Zero was supposedly unlistenable. This pressing sold out almost anywhere in 2013, though, with another (pretty much identical) repress taking its place somewhen in 2015 (discogs has it listed as 'release date unknown'. It's identical in the sense of both represses look exactly the same, so they can't be differentiated from the outside, but all playback problems have been resolved. So, any place that has copies in stock should have the new, improved pressing. 

I bought mine about a year ago for $75 shipped (to GE from Canada!), but I'd say anything below $100 is a solid. One of the single most amazing boxes I own, and the improved pressing does sound absolutely amazing. 

I have one of the original 2012 presses and the IGD on "Zero" is absolutely horrible. The innermost grooves on the rest of the sides have a little bit of crunchiness but overall are certainly listenable but the fact that there is IGD at all on that set is unacceptable. After all the pre-production preparation and the cost of the set and everything that has to be done to get the tapes and print a master and cut a lacquer, I can't believe this mistake was not only made but then approved and mass produced.

I've been thinking about trying to find better copy but at the end of the day, I don't know if I don't play mine because its so fucked up or if I just don't find myself in the head space to play that album any more.