Smashing Pumpkins

@Eliminator Jr. @mcpherson123  Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies!

I want to order Mellon Collie from Amazon. Is there any way to be sure that these are the fixed 2015 copies?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008Z9L94O/ref=tmm_vnl_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1462656113&sr=8-1

Or if anyone knows a place/link that sells the 2015 version for sure, I would appreciate it. I really don't want to spend my money and it turns out to be a 2012 copy.

4 minutes ago, Danh said:

@Eliminator Jr. @mcpherson123  Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies!

I want to order Mellon Collie from Amazon. Is there any way to be sure that these are the fixed 2015 copies?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008Z9L94O/ref=tmm_vnl_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1462656113&sr=8-1

Or if anyone knows a place/link that sells the 2015 version for sure, I would appreciate it. I really don't want to spend my money and it turns out to be a 2012 copy.

Check target's ebay. I snagged it for a little under $70 when the new ones came out.

But those one's should be the newer ones, even if it says 2012 in the release date.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a copy of this box at Amoeba in LA and it was the 2012 version with nasty IGD on the first record.

I bought a second copy on Amazon and I, as I had hoped, got the corrected version.  BUT that first record in this box is warped and makes a WOOSH sound every 2 seconds.

So, I'm just going to stick with the distorted Zero and return the WHOOSH copy.  I don't have time/money to buy a third box and hope it's the new version and not defective. #adventuresinvinylcollecting

Edited by rds

• 1 month later...

My local shop got in an original orange Siamese Dream yesterday. Luckily I got there before anyone else could. From what the shop owner told me, this guy came in with a bunch of sealed 90's records, NIN, Alice In Chains, lots of Beastie Boys, Rage, System Of A Down, The Offspring... Said the guy was always a music fan, but never had a turntable so most of it was sealed. Siamese Dream was opened, but still has the shrink wrap on it, so I can only imagine that it was only opened to look at the color and never played.

39 minutes ago, nick6ten said:

My local shop got in an original orange Siamese Dream yesterday. Luckily I got there before anyone else could. From what the shop owner told me, this guy came in with a bunch of sealed 90's records, NIN, Alice In Chains, lots of Beastie Boys, Rage, System Of A Down, The Offspring... Said the guy was always a music fan, but never had a turntable so most of it was sealed. Siamese Dream was opened, but still has the shrink wrap on it, so I can only imagine that it was only opened to look at the color and never played.

Nice find. How much did you end up spending? (if you don't mind me asking)

On 7/13/2016 at 9:47 PM, andynz said:

Nice find. How much did you end up spending? (if you don't mind me asking)

$69.99

On 7/13/2016 at 10:21 PM, vinyl addict said:

I'd love to know what he has for sealed NIN and Rage.

As of Monday,

Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth

Nine Inch Nails - Survivalism

Rage Against The Machine - People Of The Sun EP

On 7/14/2016 at 8:21 PM, nick6ten said:

$69.99

Pretty good price I think. 

46 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Found this little thang in a shop in Raleigh, NC recently while on vacation. Have wanted one for a long while. NM+ condition, still in shrink. Couldn't believe my eyes.

oXXfYfZl.jpg

Nice. 

My local shop recently got a purple one, but they want $100 for it. 

21 minutes ago, JacobMckinley said:

It's really a bummer that this project has all but died right before some of the most interesting content could start coming out. 

Classic fucking Billy. 

This is from a recent interview regarding the remains reissues.

Is the reissue project still on? Is there a reissue of Machina: The Machines of God coming? 
Yes. The problem is, and I can’t talk about the specifics, but we’re in a dispute with what is now the parent company, which is Universal. Everything has been put on hold. If I told you the truth of it, you’d laugh your ass off, because it’s a classic record company story. I feel bad, because people on Twitter keep asking about it, and people seem to have come around on that record in the last five years. It sounds contemporary again for whatever reason. I do want to put it out, and it takes a lot of time and effort to go through all the tapes. I’ve invested a good 300 hours in preparing the project, and now it’s totally on hold. It is what it is. I’m not mad at anybody. I don’t have time to be mad.

1 minute ago, Shaunismz said:

Is the reissue project still on? Is there a reissue of Machina: The Machines of God coming? 
Yes. The problem is, and I can’t talk about the specifics, but we’re in a dispute with what is now the parent company, which is Universal. Everything has been put on hold. If I told you the truth of it, you’d laugh your ass off, because it’s a classic record company story. I feel bad, because people on Twitter keep asking about it, and people seem to have come around on that record in the last five years. It sounds contemporary again for whatever reason. I do want to put it out, and it takes a lot of time and effort to go through all the tapes. I’ve invested a good 300 hours in preparing the project, and now it’s totally on hold. It is what it is. I’m not mad at anybody. I don’t have time to be mad.

Ah, that makes a little more sense. I wonder if the same "non specific" issue is holding up the Zwan/Solo stuff from coming out? 

5 hours ago, Shaunismz said:

This is a year or two old.