Smashing Pumpkins

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Madame ZuZu’s closes on March 18.

The amount of money that Billy is losing on wrestling, tea and failed reunion tours is amazing.

I think he should just focus on getting us that Machinna resissue and some Zwan stuff

Apparently he plans to reopen zuzu’s somewhere else (rent was too high) and keep an online presence. I think wrestling is what really sunk him. Plus it looks like this reunion tour is going to make money. High ticket prices have not deterred most markets, some however are woefully undersold but that’s the game you play when you do big arena tours, if you want to play MSG you have to play Glendale as well. 

Billy mentioned machina reissues a couple weeks ago, doesn’t look like it’s happening anytime soon. And zwan will likely never happen so better to be on the lookout for a random deal now and then. 

27 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

Apparently he plans to reopen zuzu’s somewhere else (rent was too high) and keep an online presence. I think wrestling is what really sunk him. Plus it looks like this reunion tour is going to make money. High ticket prices have not deterred most markets, some however are woefully undersold but that’s the game you play when you do big arena tours, if you want to play MSG you have to play Glendale as well. 

Billy mentioned machina reissues a couple weeks ago, doesn’t look like it’s happening anytime soon. And zwan will likely never happen so better to be on the lookout for a random deal now and then. 

You have to play Glendale az to play msg?

I think not. Not even close to accurate.

On 3/9/2018 at 2:33 PM, [Banned User] said:

Would love to get a Rotten Apples pressing. Makes sense paired with this reunion tour. 

Limited 4LP pressing with plain white label “Judas 0” in a plain white jacket, with “faux” hand written labels and titles. All taken from the “high res” studio masters, and mastered by Bernie Grundman/Chris Bellman.

In your local store for under $50! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, jrodan said:

am i the only one who really enjoyed Monuments to an Elegy? album is short and sweet and has some terrific jams on it. i dug the synth work on it a lot.

I dig some of it.  Lyrically it’s pretty juvenile.  But I think I’m seriously the only person who thinks Being Beige is awesome.

I personally really enjoyed Oceania, I thought that kid they got to play the drums was exceptional.  The Chimera is probably my favorite track on there, thought it was very reminiscent of the old SP sound.  Just like pepperonigin, Monuments didn't grab me either, but I don't know that I've given it enough of a chance yet.

I didn't have massive expectations for Solara, but a part of me hoped it would be something closer to Ma Belle or Stellar, which had some of that classic SP magic even though they were from the Zeitgeist era. Unfortunately, it sounds more like a deliberate attempt to recreate something like Bullet. Also, the mix is horribly bright. I'll still give anything they put out a fair shake. Oceania was good, and Monuments was enjoyable as well, but to me none of this stuff really lives up to the band's potential, which is a bummer.

3 hours ago, thesecrets0308 said:

I personally really enjoyed Oceania, I thought that kid they got to play the drums was exceptional.  The Chimera is probably my favorite track on there, thought it was very reminiscent of the old SP sound.  Just like pepperonigin, Monuments didn't grab me either, but I don't know that I've given it enough of a chance yet.

I also really like Oceania, especially after how hit and miss Zeitgeist was (mostly miss).

40 minutes ago, bjorn said:

I didn't have massive expectations for Solara, but a part of me hoped it would be something closer to Ma Belle or Stellar, which had some of that classic SP magic even though they were from the Zeitgeist era. Unfortunately, it sounds more like a deliberate attempt to recreate something like Bullet. Also, the mix is horribly bright. I'll still give anything they put out a fair shake. Oceania was good, and Monuments was enjoyable as well, but to me none of this stuff really lives up to the band's potential, which is a bummer.

I think this sounds nothing like anything from Bullet.  The last Pumpkins album I enjoyed was Zeitgeist, I haven't listened to anything since.

I am curious about this album though.  I wonder when they'll announce it, or will they just release this single and not say anything like Alice in Chains?