Smashing Pumpkins

A record store just opened up near me, so I decided to pop in and see what they had going on. I was pretty blown away by what I saw.

OP MCIS. Numbered. Official. Going for 150 bucks.

Also saw a copy of Machina, which is really a beautiful package if you haven't seen it. I think it was around 70-80 bucks.

I never thought I would run into these albums in the wild... I already own these albums or else I'd have bought them. And I was still tempted to get that MCIS.

The place had some other really cool records, but not related to the pumpkins, so I won't mention them here. 

Anyway if you are in phoenix, looking for these, then check the place out. It's called the "Record Room" and it's on SE corner of Dunlap and the I-17.

1 minute ago, highfives said:

That's a steal for a numbered copy of MCIS.

Yea! I told the guy how amazed I was at seeing it at that price.

He misunderstood, and said that a lot of people mention how expensive he has it priced.

I told him NO WAY! That is a really good deal! I'm surprised he hasn't sold it online.

The op has really held it's value since the reissue and considering there are something like over 18-20 thousand copies floating around.

I'd say to him "hey, you're pretty smart. Good on you." I don't know why people care so much about what other people do with the things they own. I mean, the record store might have paid the original owner 10 bucks for that record for all anyone knows. This happens way more at record stores / trade-in places than you would think. They will take advantage. A lot of people own stuff that is worth money and don't even know it because people are stupid. Point is - that record store isn't necessarily any less unscrupulous than someone who potentially spent 150 bucks on it to flip somewhere else. Once you take ownership of something, you can do whatever you want with it. 

6 hours ago, Ryan8765 said:

Yea! I told the guy how amazed I was at seeing it at that price.

He misunderstood, and said that a lot of people mention how expensive he has it priced.

I told him NO WAY! That is a really good deal! 

I made the mistake of telling a used car salesman that line once when I went to check out a car I was interested in, that was fairly hard to find. I didn't have much luck talking him down on price when I went back the next day to buy it. 

47 minutes ago, jeromium said:

I made the mistake of telling a used car salesman that line once when I went to check out a car I was interested in, that was fairly hard to find. I didn't have much luck talking him down on price when I went back the next day to buy it. 

Well if i wanted it, i wouldn't have said anything. I've already got a copy. And im not greedy. I earn my money by not ripping people off.

19 hours ago, Ryan8765 said:

Anyway if you are in phoenix, looking for these, then check the place out. It's called the "Record Room" and it's on SE corner of Dunlap and the I-17.

I think they relocated there store from Scottsdale to this location.

9 hours ago, jeromium said:

Relax, it just reminded me of the car story. I wasn't saying you should have bought it and flipped it or anything.

I know you weren't. I felt like mattisr1984 comment was condoning flipping. So I was kind of responding to that. After re-reading it, I understand his point.

42 minutes ago, Ryan8765 said:

I know you weren't. I felt like mattisr1984 comment was condoning flipping. So I was kind of responding to that. After re-reading it, I understand his point.

Ahhh I missed that. Yeah Record Room is great but it is now so far out of the way for me since he moved. That's awesome though!

7 hours ago, Ryan8765 said:

Oh, alright. Yeah, I used to be in there all the tme

7 hours ago, kjkenney said:

Ahhh I missed that. Yeah Record Room is great but it is now so far out of the way for me since he moved. That's awesome though!

Yup. Like 45min away now. I only go every couple weeks. I've gotten some solid deals there. 

39 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Oh, alright. Yeah, I used to be in there all the tme

Yup. Like 45min away now. I only go every couple weeks. I've gotten some solid deals there. 

That's what makes me miss it , he's always been very fair for the most part. I am without AC this summer so that hike is hard for me to want to do >.<

Here's the video.

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154462019902642&id=7301722641&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fsmashingpumpkins%2Fvideos%2F10154462019902642%2F&_rdr

Someone was guessing, Billy and Jeff form a new band because Billy loves playing with Jeff and has been for years.  He does this because the Smashing Pumpkins will now be the original lineup and will tour as such.  It's a win-win for everyone involved.  And that is a tour I will not miss.

5 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

At this point all I want is the Machina CD/vinyl reissue and then I'm probably out. 

Nah, I'm all in for Zwan, Stigmata, The Future Embrace, and Zeitgeist too.  And a reunion, and whatever else they decide to do.  Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but I'm certainly not fare-weather about it.