Smashing Pumpkins

I was at his "As Am I" event at Zuzu's last night. $290 for a VIP ticket and a 7 hour drive and he still couldn't sign my OG siamese dream LP for me which I've been trying for years to get signed. He always says "nah cause if I sign one then I have to sign everyone's".  There were 15 people in there, all die hard fans, and that was too much to handle yet he can sign copies to be sold for $200 online that any chump can buy. Really shows you how much he values his fans. I've been a fan forever and have come to expect this kind of behavior from him but I think that's the last time I give him any money for anything.

5 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

I was at his "As Am I" event at Zuzu's last night. $290 for a VIP ticket and a 7 hour drive and he still couldn't sign my OG siamese dream LP for me which I've been trying for years to get signed. He always says "nah cause if I sign one then I have to sign everyone's".  There were 15 people in there, all die hard fans, and that was too much to handle yet he can sign copies to be sold for $200 online that any chump can buy. Really shows you how much he values his fans. I've been a fan forever and have come to expect this kind of behavior from him but I think that's the last time I give him any money for anything.

Where's that guy who called TA rockstars? Wonder what he'd think of this shit. 

Your experience sounds like hats gonna happen on this Metallica tour. Meet & greets don't guarantee that the band will show up, so what's the fuckin' point? If I give you $300 for a ticket, you better fucking interact with me. 

18 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Man. That is really awful. Doesn't seem like it would have been a big deal to sign 15 autographs. 

The Meet & Great I did with Billy years ago (which was a contest win, not paid for) he would sign autographs and talk your ear off, like actually had a decent conversations with him.  However, at the end of our talk I asked for a quick picture and he said no, "If I take one Ill have to take one with everyone and don't have time for that".

3 hours ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Whoa that sucks. I was at the second show last night. Did not have VIP. I talked to him a bit after the show but didn't ask him to sign anything right away. Then a guy asked him if he could sign a poster for his friend and he said something similar. (Then I'd have to sign for everyone). But the guy was real emotional and told him he'd waited for him at several shows and asked when would be the best setting to get him to sign something. Billy said that if he made a donation to PAWS that he could sign it. Standing right there, I asked him to sign my Tristessa single, and he said "if you make a donation". I think we were the only groups of people left in the room, and he was walking out the door. 

I think that's really shitty that the VIP didn't include the opportunity to get something signed. Regardless, I would never pay for something like that. I've gotten stuff signed on two occasions and it was usually in very casual settings like that. The only reason I even asked was because the other guy got something signed and I support PAWS all the time. 

• 3 weeks later...

for anyone wondering what this is ...

https://chicago.thelocaltourist.com/news/janelle-rominski/billy-corgans-siddhartha-performance-madame-zuzus

If they started with the full 500 available for web purchase looks like he sold about 75 within the first hour. $$$$$$

Edited by Mourning Wood

I am a huge fan of BC. I really respect his musicianship and I appreciate his, what I would arguably consider, "artistic integrity". As a person though, he seems really far removed from planet earth and I think this a good example of how disconnected he is.  

Is someone going to put on their fresh WPC trucker hat and their Zero t-shirt, and jam out to this record playing full blast with their new stylophone pocket synth? What's the demographic here?

I would have bought this had it not come with all of the add-on crap and been 100 bucks cheaper. That is because I am a pumpkins fan.  But the thing is, this will sell out.

I am curious, to those who did buy it, why did you buy it?

• 2 weeks later...

If I order Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness from amazon would it be safe to say I won't get a fucked up copy with Zero sounding like shit?

On the product page it says this "PRODUCT ALERT: Please note that this is a remastered version of an original recording. Any background noise from the original recording may be present in this recording as well." , but I don't think they know what they are talking about with background noise so if it sucks I'll tell them it's surface noise, not "background" noise.  All the recent reviews say it sounds amazing.

On 12/14/2016 at 8:56 AM, borispreorderer said:

this is 5 LPs of unlistenable dickaroundery on his $100,000 toy he can barely play sold at an astronomical price and youd have to be a straight up sucker to buy it. Corgan2.jpg

What do you mean barely play? He's so proficient, he's playing it one-handed!!

On 12/26/2016 at 7:19 AM, mmfood said:

If I order Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness from amazon would it be safe to say I won't get a fucked up copy with Zero sounding like shit?

On the product page it says this "PRODUCT ALERT: Please note that this is a remastered version of an original recording. Any background noise from the original recording may be present in this recording as well." , but I don't think they know what they are talking about with background noise so if it sucks I'll tell them it's surface noise, not "background" noise.  All the recent reviews say it sounds amazing.

You should be good. Bought one a few weeks ago from Amazon and it sounds phenomenal all the way through. I also have one of the original 2012 ones with the terrible inner groove distortion on almost every side but side A was the worst with "Zero."

On 12/27/2016 at 11:25 AM, mcpherson123 said:

You should be good. Bought one a few weeks ago from Amazon and it sounds phenomenal all the way through. I also have one of the original 2012 ones with the terrible inner groove distortion on almost every side but side A was the worst with "Zero."

Thanks man. I ordered after it sold out so it won't be here til January 7th so I'm definitely hoping it's the newer pressing. Luckily I got my order in before they jacked the price up to $90. Woot.

Edited by mmfood

• 2 weeks later...