Smashing Pumpkins

I was wrong. This vinyl sounds awful.

Zero may be the worst sounding song, but these have distortion as well: Here is No Why, Bullet With Butterfly Wings, Bodies, Love. Porcelina has multiple "skips". I've played two copies and these issues are present in the same exact spots on both copies. I've read some reports that the EU version doesn't suffer from the same problems.

Seriously, save your money. What a disappointment.

My question is if people clean their records and their stylus before playing them?

that's definitely not the issue. it's the fact that the grooves go too close to the label. i'm sure it's worse later in the run. my oceania has the same problem on the first disc. i'm convinced the guy who masters these is an idiot. yes wider grooves are better, but not at the expense of having the record play all the way to the label.

right. some do some don't. a lot of people complained theirs sound like shit toward the end of some sides. just like zero.

is the zero issue just a vinyl thing?

i downloaded the mp3s and hardly even notice the remastering at all.

some of the bass sounds a little better but thats about it.

Unless you post your turntable model/cartridge/general set-up, I have no choice but to ignore your cries of "my vinyl sounds like shit!" and assume you're listening on a Crosley.

:lol: good one! my tt is a denon dp 300f with a denon dl-110 cart. then again, that has nothing to do with the overcooked vinyl that me and others have been listening to.

Just listened to side A of mine. Zero is way crunched. Totally unacceptable for any major release. Sending it back.

Guys PLEASE don't just post about it here. Post on SP facebook and twitter page, EMI Music facebook and twitter, etc. This sort of vinyl release where the packaging is the point, and the sound quality is secondary has GOT to stop.

I don't have the capability to rip vinyl, but if you've been collecting vinyl for a long time, chances are you've heard something like this a couple times. Basically, it's just pressed too hot and combined with the placement at the innermost grooves of the record, cartridges can't track it. It starts breaking up into static and sounds crunched.

I was once in a band and we used a "budget" company to press a 7" - inexperienced indie company of 1 guy - and it sounded like this. It's just distorted, you know? Like when you would try and record a CD to tape and had the input set too high. It's hot.

could someone provide a rip of this Zero issue so i can understand what you all are talking about?

Its just broke ass kids complaining because they spent 80 dollars and all of a sudden are audiophiles

I have listened to this about 10 times. It sounds a little distorted/fuzzed out (except for the wanna go for a ride, one and only non music part). You have to really listen to hear it but these kids want to complain about everything

They read it somewhere because someone said something negative and all of a sudden are hearing stuff and are vinyl masters

All of a sudden records are supposed to sound like digital copies I guess

Yes it still says in stock for $115. I'm tempted to order it just to see if I get a shipping confirmation with the $115 price. Then I can write them and say "oh, so you do have them. Good. Adjust the price and cancel my "pending" order. :)"

That's the CD package man, sorry to bum you out...

Yes it still says in stock for $115. I'm tempted to order it just to see if I get a shipping confirmation with the $115 price. Then I can write them and say "oh, so you do have them. Good. Adjust the price and cancel my "pending" order. :)"

I understand it's frustrating when others are getting theirs but I would try and stay calm for another day or two. It may simply be a function of the number of orders they got for this and how long it takes people to put them in a box with your address. I go my "shipped" notice at 6 pm last night so there's still hope.

I understand it's frustrating when others are getting theirs but I would try and stay calm for another day or two. It may simply be a function of the number of orders they got for this and how long it takes people to put them in a box with your address. I go my "shipped" notice at 6 pm last night so there's still hope.

Yeah. Waiting sucks. Haha.

Its just broke ass kids complaining because they spent 80 dollars and all of a sudden are audiophiles

I have listened to this about 10 times. It sounds a little distorted/fuzzed out (except for the wanna go for a ride, one and only non music part). You have to really listen to hear it but these kids want to complain about everything

You sound like the inexperienced kid to me.

I'm 35, have been collecting vinyl for 20 years, have a $2000 turntable and a $1500 all tube amp. I have 4000 vinyl LPs.

Vinyl is not supposed to sound "distorted/fuzzed out". It's supposed to be superior sonically in every way to digital, save for surface noise on the LP. We are not discussing surface noise. We are discussing mastering/pressing defects. If you don't understand it, there's no need to contribute.

Hey! I have a pending charge from amazon.ca that just showed up in my bank! :) now I feel like a douche for being whiney.

also saw a charge from them, no ship notice yet though. i feel bad bc my friend who ordered before me in the first wave of orders at the $30-something price got his canceled, i ordered mine when it went up the 2nd time and it looks like i'm getting mine honored. doesn't make sense....