Smashing Pumpkins

Did anyone get the SD lithograph?

is that the 'special gift' they were talking about for sp.com preorders?

i preordered from amazon like 3 days before sp.com started selling, then wound up canceling due to lack of $$.

had i preordered and canceled from sp.com i hear i still would have gotten this gift.

got the SD reissue yesterday as a gift and was doing an A/B comparison of the recent vinyl reissue from 07 or 08 (I have the orange marbled version) -- weird that I thought Cherub Rock sounded better on the new version, but then Quiet sounded more 'full' to me on the 07 version. Haven't made it all the way through but was just curious if anyone else had compared the release from a few years ago to this one and found the same..

The orange vinyl version is the original pressing as I believe all of the represses from a few years ago were black.

I actually found the reverse to be true when comparing - "Cherub Rock" sounded a little anemic on the 2011 vinyl but "Quiet" blew the older pressing away. (I felt the same for the CD for what it's worth.) Overall, though, the remaster on 'Siamese Dream' wasn't enough to be a clear winner - especially with the removal of the sample at the end of "Soma" - so I will probably use the earlier black vinyl pressing as my go to for the album on LP.

In any case, I'm still incredibly impressed with the entire reissue program so far and anxiously await the next installment. (And you really, really need to get the 2CD/DVD sets, the extra material is phenomenal.)

Did anyone get the SD lithograph?

i preordered from amazon like 3 days before sp.com started selling, then wound up canceling due to lack of $$.

had i preordered and canceled from sp.com i hear i still would have gotten this gift.

Yea I'm assuming that's what this was. I bought SD at a different time then Gish and when I got it, it cam with a litho of the back cover.

the removal of the sample at the end of "Soma"

do you mean spaceboy? it's the only sample i know of, and it's def. on the cd version of the reissue.

my original siamese dream is a weird release from virgin (possibly a promo) with its own serial number, and that sample (which is there to segue into silverfuck) is actually at the beginning of silverfuck instead of the end of spaceboy.

it would be lame if they removed it, because it's a very memorable part of the album.

The orange vinyl version is the original pressing as I believe all of the represses from a few years ago were black.

(And you really, really need to get the 2CD/DVD sets, the extra material is phenomenal.)

Damn--did some digging and you are right. I had assumed mine was the repress because I bought in 2007 or 08 for about $20 at a local shop and they immediately restocked it on the wall as I was paying for mine. 15 year old albums wouldn't usually be in that kind of stock.

I came across this link about the other colors for the original run:

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1102

I caved already and d/l'd the bonus disc. Didn't see anyone hosting the dvd so I'll likely cave eventually and just buy it.

the removal of the sample at the end of "Soma"

do you mean spaceboy? it's the only sample i know of, and it's def. on the cd version of the reissue.

There's also one at the end of "Soma" as well - or, rather, was until this reissue. It's from a television evangelist: "you must resist the devil so that he. will. flee." Cue "Geek U.S.A." drums. One of my favorite segues and it's totally gone on both CD and LP.

There's also one at the end of "Soma" as well - or, rather, was until this reissue. It's from a television evangelist: "you must resist the devil so that he. will. flee." Cue "Geek U.S.A." drums. One of my favorite segues and it's totally gone on both CD and LP.

wow, out of all the years i have spent literally worshiping this album i have NEVER noticed that!

just put on my old cd to hear it.

i found it but it's wayyyy quiet.

can't believe i never noticed it before!

also, my wife surprised me with these box sets last night at midnight [it's my birthday! :)] and i flipped.

so happy to have these.

Yea I'm assuming that's what this was. I bought SD at a different time then Gish and when I got it, it cam with a litho of the back cover.

I'm pretty sure the special gift for pre-ordering on sp.com was an mp3 of an instrumental demo of frail and bedazzled.

i haven't read a definite way to have gotten the lithograph. i've read that some stores had it available, and in some giveaways, but that's it. kind of random.

I'm pretty sure the special gift for pre-ordering on sp.com was an mp3 of an instrumental demo of frail and bedazzled.

I think almightyseancore is talking about the 'gift' that some are supposed to get for having to deal with the reissue pre-order delays from topspin/the SP store. I really don't think its the lithographs though. Those were given out with purchase of the reissues at some record stores I think.

the sp board really isn't that bad. some people just get annoyed when people ask the same exact questions over and over again. (is this copy of mellon collie legit?!) and they make fun of you if you act like you know what you're talking about, but really don't. (sound like another message board?)

the sp board really isn't that bad. some people just get annoyed when people ask the same exact questions over and over again. (is this copy of mellon collie legit?!) and they make fun of you if you act like you know what you're talking about, but really don't. (sound like another message board?)

that coolasicream guy has tons of duplicates of rare vinyl and refuses to sell them.

he's silly.

that coolasicream guy has tons of duplicates of rare vinyl and refuses to sell them.

he's silly.

I know!! I've seen pics of his collection. Insane.