Smashing Pumpkins

Dream was at the nearest Urban Outfitters today, out of package, corners bent, scuffed up, lyric sheet ripped. $29.99 and the manager offered me 5% off due to damage.

Damn. That's hard to bend. That sleeve is a beast.

I was surprised as you! I was hoping for a nice discount. $28 is a rip-off to me.

i wouldn't really consider hot topic a "record store".

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah. I always forget they even have records. Haha. I really should remember to check those more often though for clearance stuff. I got Modest Mouse - Good News for like $10 and Ramones - Leave Home for like $5 or something once? I don't remember completely.

I like Hot Topic alright enough but I agree that they're not a record store in the truest sense. For me, a record store has to have new AND used stuff in a fairly even ratio. HT is great for folks in the suburbs who can't get to a mom and pop in their nearest city all that often if it's over an hour away so I think it definitely has its place.

none of this is SP related - sorry for helping propagate the thread derail.

• 2 months later...
I was going to skip these reissues because I have the CDs, but if the sound is that much better I may have to change my mind...

if i were you i'd skip the vinyl and go with the cd box set.

they still sound better than the originals, and you get a hell of a let more than you would with the record, for less $$$$.

I was going to skip these reissues because I have the CDs, but if the sound is that much better I may have to change my mind...

they still sound better than the originals, and you get a hell of a let more than you would with the record, for less $$$$.

umm have you heard the reissue gish vinyl? It sounds and looks amazing. Not sure why anyone would wanna skip it. I got the cd boxsets and both vinyl reissues. Couldn't be happier.

umm have you heard the reissue gish vinyl? It sounds and looks amazing. Not sure why anyone would wanna skip it. I got the cd boxsets and both vinyl reissues. Couldn't be happier.

if both is an option, there is no reason not to!

if its a choice of one or the other, i'd go with the box sets for all the extra stuff.

if its a choice of one or the other, i'd go with the box sets for all the extra stuff.

vinyl > cd

I don't mind buying both sets from my favorite band. Plus I got them both from amazon with free shipping and it was cheaper than some stores sell just the vinyl and I got it on release day.

vinyl > cd

I don't mind buying both sets from my favorite band. Plus I got them both from amazon with free shipping and it was cheaper than some stores sell just the vinyl and I got it on release day.

i agree with you twice and i still disagree.

i prefer vinyl to cd, and sp is also my favorite band, but in the case of these box sets with all the exclusive bonus tracks + dvd, is just a better deal than the record.

esp. considering i own pretty much everything SP on vinyl already.