Smashing Pumpkins

contemplating selling my mellon collie original this year before the new one comes out. i love the record, but as long as i have one on vinyl, i don't need $300 gathering dust on my shelf. however, if they change the track order, i might keep the original, cause i like the LP track listing much better.

Super curious to see what Billy does with the tracklisting for Mellon Collie. Always wondered what the "true" song order is in his mind. I'm definitely more used to the CD's ordering and tend to prefer it. But maybe finally owning it on vinyl will change that, if the original vinyl tracklisting is persistent on the reissue.

• 1 month later...
I'm really surprised that anyone is saying that these sound bad or no better than previous presses. I've been listening to these albums for years. From cassette to CD to vinyl. I know every in and out. Ever nuance. I think these remasters are fantastic. The improvement is somehow subtle and dramatic at the same time. Anyone who has a serious connection to this music like I do would be doing themselves a serious disservice by passing on these.

That said, the improvement for Gish is much more dramatic than the improvement for Siamese Dream. Yes.

And I also would have preferred the original artwork for these, but the foil reflective stuff on the cover is pretty awesome and the new artwork does have a certain charm. The stock they used on these is extra thick, the inserts are incredible. I'm pretty much freaking out, I love these so much!!!

I can't wait to see how Billy treats the rest of the catalog in the coming years.

totally agree...the ones that say it doesn't sound good are the disgruntled SP fans that take every chance they get to slag Corgan.

Anyone get the email for the free flexi?

if you pre-ordered Gish or SD from SP.com, it was late. They promised a free gift and today they e-mailed it was a flexi.

So that's what all this flexi business on Twitter is about! I want that flexi! I hope it gets made available to the general public.

Mellan Collie was one of the first cds I ever owned and would be cool to have on vinyl, but if they do it as an rsd release they can eat a fat knob, this niche market has to stop allowing them selves to be treated like morons who will camp out over night for a record that leaks blue liquid and can't be played.

Anyone get the email for the free flexi?

if you pre-ordered Gish or SD from SP.com, it was late. They promised a free gift and today they e-mailed it was a flexi.

wheres' my receipt? god knows....

can anyone remember when pre-orders went up? i'm trying to narrow down my order placement details.

Hmm.... I'm like 90% sure I remember Travis saying it was coming out during summer. I don't remember what thread it was but it was like 6 months ago he said it. Unless I'm wrong. Only Travis can confirm that I guess.
it was originally supposed to be out around summertime. Hot topic had nothing to do with it. But they had copies of the other reissues, so when Mellon collie does eventually come out, hot topic will probably have copies. Pisces Iscariot has to come out first. Expect a winter release for Mellon collie.