sublime 40 oz to freedom repress

So, from what I'm getting out of this is as follows:

- ALL preorders are the colored vinyl show on page 6

- Hot Topic gets their own version

- Tracklisting includes Get Out! and Rawhide, as well as the cassette "extended" version of Thanx. Hot Topic does not include any of these.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this... I ordered off of Amazon, so I have the tracklisting from Skunk. However, the AutoRip gave me the reissue version (without Get Out! and Rawhide).

And one more thing...... Does anyone know if "Let's Go Get Stoned" has the sample restored in it? That missing measure always throws me off when I listen.

- Tracklisting includes Get Out! and Rawhide, as well as the cassette "extended" version of Thanx. Hot Topic does not include any of these.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this... I ordered off of Amazon, so I have the tracklisting from Skunk. However, the AutoRip gave me the reissue version (without Get Out! and Rawhide).

And one more thing...... Does anyone know if "Let's Go Get Stoned" has the sample restored in it? That missing measure always throws me off when I listen.

That all looks right to me. However I wouldn't be surprised if there actually is a larger, black pressing happening.

What sample are you referring to in "Let's Go Get Stoned?"

That all looks right to me. However I wouldn't be surprised if there actually is a larger, black pressing happening.

What sample are you referring to in "Let's Go Get Stoned?"

In the original Skunk release on CD, there is a measure featuring a sample of Ray Charles' "Let's Go Get Stoned" which was cut out on the major label release. It's in the bridge after the lyric 'With a monkey on my back'. The entire measure was edited out, leaving the little section with six measures before the guitar solo.

Section in question: http://youtu.be/vgp4TmIgSVE?t=2m19s

Edit: changed the measures from three to six. I was counting the bass melodies instead of the actual measures.

I'm guessing on the extended "Thanx."

It is anybody's guess about that and whether LGGS will have the Ray Charles sample.

For all we know at this point the version of "Get Out" could be the Second Hand Smoke version, but unlikely, since "Rawhide" is being included.

It may be a safe bet that everything will be as originally released.

Interpunk looks to be the cheapest preorder right now at 27 something, and free ship over $50. So just buy 2. ;)

I wouldnt bet that MVD is going to relist it. My guess is their alotment of preorders is filled, as is Amazons.

Its weird. On my 2005 cranberry colored version it has get out listed but its not on there. No rawhide either but I don't think that was ever listed on any version to begin with.

Yeah, I never asked the story behind that. We knew before it actually came out that it was a "typo," but it's been so many years I don't remember the discussion.

I'll see if I can find out what happened there.

In the original Skunk release on CD, there is a measure featuring a sample of Ray Charles' "Let's Go Get Stoned" which was cut out on the major label release. It's in the bridge after the lyric 'With a monkey on my back'. The entire measure was edited out, leaving the little section with six measures before the guitar solo.

Section in question: http://youtu.be/vgp4TmIgSVE?t=2m19s

Edit: changed the measures from three to six. I was counting the bass melodies instead of the actual measures.

Huh, I never knew there was a sample there! Let's hope it's on present this pressing then.

What makes everyone think that Amazon has sold all their copies? I assume the "temporarily out of stock" notice is due to the most recent delay, and them not updating the release date with a later one...

I wouldn't rely on that theory if you want to get a copy at a reasonable price. MVD has also removed it from their inventory. Each vendor is allotted a certain amount of pre-orders. Once they sell their allotment that's it.

I recommend Interpunk or Shopradiocast, while you still have the chance.

I think the delay is due to QC issues. My friend who works at the plant was doing QC, and said he had to trash about 500 records so far, and wasnt done.

I've read through everything, but still confused as to what the MVD is being pressed on.  Is it that yellow that was pictured, or on black? Or do we not really know at this point...

I think it's the yellow.  The info about the black pressing just came from someone on the phone who may have not known what they were talking about.

Whatever MVD is pressing for Sublime has literally nothing to do with the Universal/HT exclusive pressings for Sublime.

HT isn't getting an exclusive color of the MVD pressing, it's a completely separate pressing.

Hey Travis,

I think we understand that the HT press has nothing to do with MVD's release. Can you confirm the colour variant for the HT release...?

The response I got from interpunk on my order:

We apologize again for any inconvenience. The delay with the Sublime -40 Oz. To Freedom (Double) LP is not because of a factor on our end. I spoke with my buyer again about the Sublime -40 Oz. To Freedom (Double) LP and it looks like there has been a licensing issue between the label and distributor, so the release date for this LP has been changed to TBA sometime this year.

But why would they waste the money to press them if the licensing wasn't already taken care of? Seems like a backwards way to do it to me.

seriously...  this is so annoying. i wonder if i will ever get my copy that i ordered with them.. let's just hope all goes as planned and this is released sometime in the next couple of months.