sublime 40 oz to freedom repress

I've been a Sublime fan for about 15 years (man, that makes me feel old haha) and I was ready for this to PO on Friday but by Saturday I had too much going on/forgot. I haven't been this bummed to miss a PO in well, ever.

I've got one local HT, called them up to ask about it (it wasn't on Travis' list but just in case!) and nope. They did have a wonderful suggestion to order it online and ship it to the store...

Long story er...short, if anyone can get ahold of one for me, I'd be beyond happy and owe you a life debt or something. Please let me know!

"Hope" was originally a Descendents song, and Sublime covered it pretty much to a T. Certainly the Meat Puppets took some influence from Descendents, as nearly every band coming from the underground in the 80s did. Sublime, too ("Thanks out to Bad Religion and the Descendents").

Also, I believe the consensus is that the man speaking over "Thanx" is actually Miguel Happoldt, an intern who snuck the band into a studio to record 40oz. Sure does sound a lot like Bradley though.

Yeah, it is Miguel Happoldt, I remember them saying it in one of the Everything Under The Sun DVD's. I was shocked when I first learned this, I really thought it was Bradley. 

Also, I got my copies in on Monday, and they sounded great. Those who are complaining about the sound must have not cleaned their record properly, or at all for that matter. 

Also, I got my copies in on Monday, and they sounded great. Those who are complaining about the sound must have not cleaned their record properly, or at all for that matter. 

Mine had one or two instances of issues with high notes, but otherwise it was good. I'm satisfied.

Crosley Lover admitted he doesn't clean his LPs anyway  ;)

"Hope" was originally a Descendents song, and Sublime covered it pretty much to a T. Certainly the Meat Puppets took some influence from Descendents, as nearly every band coming from the underground in the 80s did. Sublime, too ("Thanks out to Bad Religion and the Descendents").

Also, I believe the consensus is that the man speaking over "Thanx" is actually Miguel Happoldt, an intern who snuck the band into a studio to record 40oz. Sure does sound a lot like Bradley though.

Yes, It's Happoldt on Thanks.

He also happens to be a big Meat Puppets fan, and produced an album on Skunk called "Volcano," which was Happoldt, Kurt, and Bud.

Highly sought after by MP fans.

I spun mine yesterday and thought it sounded fantastic.  I was a little nervous with seeing some of the comments about distortion/igd.  I didn't experience any of that.  dead quiet pressing and flat as a pancake.  i can't compare with any other pressings since this is the first one i've ever heard, but i can say that it sounds better than the CD.

I've been a Sublime fan for about 15 years (man, that makes me feel old haha) and I was ready for this to PO on Friday but by Saturday I had too much going on/forgot. I haven't been this bummed to miss a PO in well, ever.

I've got one local HT, called them up to ask about it (it wasn't on Travis' list but just in case!) and nope. They did have a wonderful suggestion to order it online and ship it to the store...

Long story er...short, if anyone can get ahold of one for me, I'd be beyond happy and owe you a life debt or something. Please let me know!

i just called my local store and was able to secure the last copy they have just for you.  ;)  picking it up after work here in about 2 hours.  and if you already got one, i'll just sell to someone else on the board.