Pressing Info: Brand New - Quiet Things 7" on red

jacobe

the $1 isn't that big of a deal, but there has been no update and when asked about it Jesse either cracks jokes or gets angry.

The band seems to think they are far more "important" than they actually are. Someone needs to remind Jesse about the dudes from Good Charolette being in the Jude Law video and bring him back to reality.

Guest scriptedrain
The band seems to think they are far more "important" than they actually are. Someone needs to remind Jesse about the dudes from Good Charolette being in the Jude Law video and bring him back to reality.

How so? Who cares who was in a video 5 years ago? Listen to the music. If you don't like them, move on.

- Jeff

How so? Who cares who was in a video 5 years ago? Listen to the music. If you don't like them, move on.

- Jeff

I care because of his actions and comments about the band and his almost dismissal of the bands past endevors.

I did listen to the music & saw them 4 or 5 times as an opening act to other bands and saw the band play their heart out and seem to care more about what they were doing than anything else in the world.

In the past 2-3 years though the band, well Jesse I should say as he's the one to have made the comments and the one I had a conversation with recently, has become overly pretentious and full of themselves to the point of thinking that the music they play is something more than music.

The video comment is more joking than anything, but it fits with what I mean about the band's current state, do you think they'd have anything to do with Good Charolette at this point? They seem to not even want to associate with the more "pop" culture from which they were born.

Just my opinion though.

Guest scriptedrain
I care because of his actions and comments about the band and his almost dismissal of the bands past endevors.

What do you mean? What'd he say?

I did listen to the music & saw them 4 or 5 times as an opening act to other bands and saw the band play their heart out and seem to care more about what they were doing than anything else in the world.

In the past 2-3 years though the band, well Jesse I should say as he's the one to have made the comments and the one I had a conversation with recently, has become overly pretentious and full of themselves to the point of thinking that the music they play is something more than music.

What'd he say in this conversation?

The video comment is more joking than anything, but it fits with what I mean about the band's current state, do you think they'd have anything to do with Good Charolette at this point? They seem to not even want to associate with the more "pop" culture from which they were born.

Just my opinion though.

Name one act with a shred of integrity that wants to be associated with Good Charlotte. That band ruined themselves, deciding to conform to the audience (and sell out, yes that term fits GC) rather than let the band grow.

- Jeff

During my conversation with him he came off as someone that didn't give a damn about his older fans opinions, not that I was asking him to play something or anything of that nature, but just asking about a few older songs and he pretty much acted as if I was "dumb" for liking the old material. This is somewhat evident with the bands more setlists and the times.

Good Charolette has been the same since their beginings, it's not like all of a sudden they "sold out" they were never a band with much integrity.

I apologize for saying anything at all about Brand New though and won't say anything else. I've never seen a band with fans so quick to defend them, which is not a bad thing, but it's just impossible to have any kind of a negative opinion about the band.

Guest scriptedrain
During my conversation with him he came off as someone that didn't give a damn about his older fans opinions, not that I was asking him to play something or anything of that nature, but just asking about a few older songs and he pretty much acted as if I was "dumb" for liking the old material. This is somewhat evident with the bands more setlists and the times.

Good Charolette has been the same since their beginings, it's not like all of a sudden they "sold out" they were never a band with much integrity.

I apologize for saying anything at all about Brand New though and won't say anything else. I've never seen a band with fans so quick to defend them, which is not a bad thing, but it's just impossible to have any kind of a negative opinion about the band.

I, sincerely, don't mind when people have negative opinions about bands I like. It's when they give reasons for their opinions that seem baseless. That's why I wanted to hear why and what was said.

After hearing what was said, I still don't see your hate for the band. Dismissing what a band has done and moving on from what a band has done are two seperate ideas. And I'm sure you can only play a song live so many times before you feel the NEED to move on, nevermind wanting it. Why wouldn't they be excited and eager to play newer material over old? "Your Favorite Weapon" was written 7 years ago. Jesse can't have the same feelings and emotions behind the words as when they were written. Find some journals you wrote that long ago and see how enthusiastic you are about sharing them with a crowd.

I know it seems like I'm defending / attacking a lot here, but I really just want to have a discussion on the issue. Your conversation with him could've occurred during a bad day or he could've interpreted your questions or points the wrong way or you could've just been let down by his response. There could be a lot of factors going into it, but from the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like anything to take offensively.

- Jeff