TRAP THEM PRE ORDERS UP! DEATHWISH INC.! GO!

coldober

i have a jane doe print framed hanging on my living room wall. ill say if i didnt get one id be bummed, not so much pissed per se. buying limited items just tends to be a situation of being in the right place at the right time. with things like this its a total catch 22, people get pissed if its too limited and then theres the others who think its not limited enough. i still wouldnt consider deathwish to be at fault for what the buyers do. also, from my understanding deathwish does a pretty good job of monitoring the ebay auctions and more often than not they blacklist the buyers who buy just to re-sell. in other words, don't hate the player hate the game or something like that.

heh, its not so much that i care about owning something limited. seriously, deathwish could put up a 5 dollar full color standard poster of the jane doe art for 5 bucks at 24 x 36 or even smaller and id stick it in a frame and be just as happy. afterall, i just want it on my wall to look at and enjoy. obviously they underestimated the demand on the prints because theres clearly not enough to go around--especially when you have ebay hounds chomping at the bit. i cant comment on how deathwish handles the ebay auctions or blacklisting sellers because i dont know, but id bet good money AT LEAST a quarter of those jane doe prints hit ebay.

i dont hate deathwish or their bands or converge or jake bannon or anyone else. im just disappointed in the way they handle the selling of the prints. i was shocked they even let people buy 2 sets of the no heroes prints. seriously if everyone bought 2, that means 90 people had a shot at getting one and another to flip on ebay. i was actually lucky enough to get one of the no heroes prints and i think alot of it had to do with the fact that it was 70 bucks versus 35 which made more people think twice--at least long enough for me to get one.

I'll agree with you there its kinda strange how they do their prints. They just throw it up and its a free for all. I can't believe I got a no heroes one either, I came home from work hit refresh on this message board and saw the thread so I went straight to the deathwish estore. Luckiest timing ever. However it would probably be just as bad if not worse if they were to announce a date and time that stuff would go up because not only would there be more people trying to get it (which means potentially more ebay hounds) all the traffic would probably crash their server. I'm not saying one way is better than the other, but I agree the unannounced free for all might not be the best.

im not disagreeing with you just playing a bit of devils advocate in the sense that say someone doesnt have paypal or something and they need their friend to buy them a print, then at that point allowing each person to buy two of them would be acceptable. its truly naive to assume that this is what everyones situation was but its entirely possible. it sucks from a whole since its really a damned if you do damned if you dont episode.

im sure a lot of the amount they make has to do with how much it costs to get these made. im not screen printer but from what ive heard anything over 5 colors is expensive as shit. the fact that most of these are of larger size and sell for as cheap as they do speaks wonders for what deathwish do to maintain the prices are still as affordable as they can be to their customers. they also tend to post about things either in their email newsletter first which is an added incentive to fans of the label.

im not disagreeing with you just playing a bit of devils advocate in the sense that say someone doesnt have paypal or something and they need their friend to buy them a print, then at that point allowing each person to buy two of them would be acceptable. its truly naive to assume that this is what everyones situation was but its entirely possible. it sucks from a whole since its really a damned if you do damned if you dont episode.

im sure a lot of the amount they make has to do with how much it costs to get these made. im not screen printer but from what ive heard anything over 5 colors is expensive as shit. the fact that most of these are of larger size and sell for as cheap as they do speaks wonders for what deathwish do to maintain the prices are still as affordable as they can be to their customers. they also tend to post about things either in their email newsletter first which is an added incentive to fans of the label.

im there with you. i keep a close eye on everything and actually the second i saw they were selling the damaged prints i emailed for info. the biggest problem i have with the entire situation was that after the initial prints sold out, they announced they were going to put more up on the site after everyone who ordered got theres just fine. cool right? i decided im gonna do whatever i can to get a print and i watch the site like a hawk for at least a week and a half straight--probably even longer. living on the west coast, i woke up 3 hrs early every day waiting for them to come and they never did. contrary to the way ive probably sounded on this thread, im not a selfish person. i figure ill get one the same way as everyone else did. i come to find out through an email to them that they sold all the extra prints to people who emailed and inquired about them. total bummer which leads me to now. i dont see why they couldnt have done the same for people such as myself who they know were going to actually hang these on their wall and not put it on ebay instead of having a free for all. the reason i felt shafted as a customer is because i actually wrote them about this and asked if i could have the same done and traded a series of e-mails with them in which they they took my contact info for when they had more information and it never happened. are they obligated to do that? of course not but it was completely with in their power to--especially when theyve done it before. would it have been nice for people such as myself to give them to those that would have appreciated it? absolutely. i know that theres probably a good group of people that actually got them yesterday that will hang it on the wall just like i would, but like i said id bet good money a lot of them who did get them will just be ebaying it and thats a shame.

at this point, its just getting silly. what can i do? nothing. its over. i lost and i still bought the trap them 7" ill get over it. its still a shitty situation though.

:)

j bannon is one of my idol.

and i agree with you,mattisr1984.

i never on the time for j bannon art prints lauch (they always launch when i'm sleeping and their european fans on afterwork times) and the info that you told me that they sell 2 sets of no heroes for person is very very not fair for their fans.

anyway,janelle at deathwish is very nice.she agree for sell deathwish items for me althrough deathwish didn't add thailand on country list.

and i will always support deathwish and try to give up for collect j bannon art prints....