VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

This was talked about in the CM Punk thread a few months ago, and it is now time. Mostly because Raw has been going downhill the past few months. Smackdown has been excellent since Mark Henry became champion (!)

So, if you're sick of John Laryngitis, are dreading Triple H vs. Kevin Nash in 2011, think CM Punk has lost his momentum, don't want to see another announcer's match/feud, or anything else, post in here!

EDIT: Or, if you think the WWE are doing something right, post here, too. i thought that Dolph Ziggler vs. John Morrision last night was pretty good. Totally shocked that JoMo actually won a match! And Alberto is totally failing as champion; CM Punk needs to win at SS.

Smackdown > Raw. Easily.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':6zcjnmu2]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':6zcjnmu2]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

And wrestling more or less met perfection when Terry Funk and Sabu had that ECW barb wire match. The closest thing WWE ever came in comparison was the Mankind vs Undertaker Hell in a Cell match and lets face it that Mick Foley carried the Undertaker on his back that whole match despite his broken leg. Hell, Mick Foley carried WWE on his back for years - his departure marks the decline to what you see today.

Terry Funk is, undoubtedly, the man. Also, Mick Foley is supposed to be returning to WWE. Not sure if he will be wrestling or if he will be more of a authority figure or something along those lines. Always enjoyed his work on the mic, so i'm sure it will be good.

I met Terry funk a few months ago. Ok Ive been waiting for a thread like this. so here it goes

first - I feel Like Raw is getting completely out of hand. They arent using Kevin Nash the way he should be used. There werer Rumors about the Clique returning before wrestlemania but idk, we'll see. Nash has always ben a part of either a duo or a group He is hard to push by himself.

second - Mick Foley to my knowledge is about to start training for a return to wrestlemania For The Undertakers last match. Lets face it noone else out there at the moment is worthy of ending the streak, If thats what happens.

third - It seems as if CM Punk Has completely been forgotten about, Not too bad but they deff cut his momentum. Ive been watching him ever since ROH and a few of his friends from ROH are about to get signed on a WWE contract so hopefully this will make Raw more interesting again.

Dolph Ziggler is WAYYY underrated. Not a whole lot of people actually realize how good he is.

Thats it for now.

My dad brought home a rental VHS tape of Wrestlemania to me in 1985 or 1986. I had never seen wrestling before, but once I put it on, I was hooked.

I was obsessed as a kid. My dad took me to a couple live events. We would watch it together on occasion. I watched it whenever I could, though. He was always an NWA guy but as a child, I had to watch Hulk and the WWF.

As I got older, I lost interest. I look back on my childhood and think fondly of the time watching and talking wrestling with my dad. It was one of our only connections.

So, yeah, it's pretty ridiculous now but no more ridiculous than it's ever been. I turn it on every now and then. I'll get a PPV with friends if there's a big match. But I've just got such fond memories that I'll probably always be a fan.

i'm still surprised people still watch wrestling.. shit's way over the top now that it doesn't even make sense anymore.. it's like the DYNASTY of sports.

there's an interview with bobby heenan somewhere on youtube where he basically talks about the best years of wrestling being long over with because the internet and wwe "showed everyone how they do tricks." he's right and wrong at the same time. clearly, people are still watching it but yeah, i cannot get into current wrestling at all.

i don't think it is over-the-top currently, more that it is just sterile and boring when compared to the Attitude era. We have no real storylines at the moment, just heels vs. faces fighting week in and week out. The titles don't really mean anything anymore. i mean, a lot of the time, on Raw, anyways, the champion isn't in the main event. It's John Cena vs. whomever, not Alberto del Rio.

It doesn't need to go back to overtly sexual content, but i'd appreciate a little edge, some blood in matches, and more than each "superstar" using the same 5-10 moves each match. Even though Cena is the one who gets criticized for this, i admit even my favorites like Christian or CM Punk do the same thing. i mean, how many times has CM Punk hit the running knee in the corner/bulldog combo?

EDIT: Oh, and the WWE title is ugly. It looks like a toy.

i don't think it is over-the-top currently, more that it is just sterile and boring when compared to the Attitude era.

that "attitude era" is where it started getting cheeseball and soap opera like. compared to old school 70's and 80's wrestling when there were regionally televised wrestling shows and matches. world class, nwa, portland wrestling, southwest..etc etc. sure there were storylines, but they weren't nearly as cheesy and flashy as they are now or have been the last 10 to 15 years.

yay for fake acting

All acting is fake.

While the outcomes are predetermined, the planning on the fly and athleticism are nowhere near fake. Call it what you want, there is nothing fake about the physicality of the sport.

knew someone would take exception. ok. fake acting mixed with choreographed fake athleticism and physicality. you do realize they don't actually hit each other and all the chairs and tables they use are fake, right? the blood is also fake. most of the muscles are also fake as well. hope i didnt let the cat out of the bag. and HAHAHA x1,000 at calling it a SPORT.

All acting is fake.

While the outcomes are predetermined, the planning on the fly and athleticism are nowhere near fake. Call it what you want, there is nothing fake about the physicality of the sport.

knew someone would take exception. ok. fake acting mixed with choreographed fake athleticism and physicality. you do realize they don't actually hit each other and all the chairs and tables they use are fake, right? the blood is also fake. most of the muscles are also fake as well. hope i didnt let the cat out of the bag. and HAHAHA x1,000 at calling it a SPORT.

Sure it's a sport, if we call skateboarding, figure skating, etc.. .

it's a display or a routine. Blood is not fake, tables are "gimmicked". Doesn't take away from the fact you can mess yourself up pretty bad while doing a "fake" sport.

you can mess yourself up pretty bad getting out of bed. does that make it a sport? is reality tv a sport too, since fake acting is pretty much reality tv in severe denial?
''

reality tv is not really fake acting. its more so instigating situations for entertainment purposes by the crew and staff. pretty much on par to instigating a fight in the schoolyard. doesn't mean the fight is fake.

i'm with nips on calling it a actual sport. hence why they came up with the term "sports entertainment". sure i call it a sport, but i use it loosely. if so you'd consider those lingerie football leagues sports. i can go on and on. pro-wrestlers aren't sports stars as much as they are stuntmen with acting abilities. and i'm being very generous as far as calling most of them actors.