VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Oh and by the way, it's becoming painfully obvious that Ambrose is the guy who should win the World Title at WM Star, not Reigns. People will not cheer for him, they'll cheer for HHH - and Rock celebrating with Reigns would backfire again because even the casual fans can see right through it.

Especially since they're doing the perfect build for Ambrose in the main event right now. It's honestly going to seem kind of ridiculous if they throw him back in some meaningless IC program for WM at this point.

Lucha Underground is on El Rey.  It's only available through a small group of providers, I know DirecTV and Dish have it, I think Comcast and Time Warner do, too.  I believe some other providers are showing it on UniMas, but it's a Spanish version.

Thanks man. I find it a little odd that it's on DirecTV and not on UVerse since DTV is owned by AT&T now. Bummer for me :(

Especially since they're doing the perfect build for Ambrose in the main event right now. It's honestly going to seem kind of ridiculous if they throw him back in some meaningless IC program for WM at this point.

Seems to me like they are just building him up for the Main Event at Fastlane. i fully expect some Triple H and/or Wyatt shenanigans to shift the spotlight to the rumored H/Reigns and Lesnar/Wyatt matches at 'Mania. i re-watched the Rumble last night, and the feeling at the end of the Rumble when it came down to Ambrose/H was awesome. i think that would be a good program, and would better fit the Underdog vs. the Authority story they are trying to tell with Reigns.

I thought the miz segment with AJ on raw was great.

Miz is one of the best in the business on the mic. AJ is great in the ring but he's not an amazing promo. Letting the miz carry that segment and then have AJ attack him was great.

Also. Thought the goldust and truth segment was really funny.

It was indeed well done. Miz is arguably the most effective heel they have (I mean, everyone wants to punch him in the face) but I thought they could've had the match right afterwards. But I guess it's another half-assed attempt at making SmackDown! relevant again. However, the show needs more than Mauro Ranallo, Heel Lawler and Styles to become must-see TV.

I love them so much.

Killshot is so awesome (that Running Shooting Star Press out of the ring was nuts). And so is Willie Mack. Regarding SmackDown!, it's good to see Styles use the Calf Killer as a second finisher (just don't call him a rookie anymore, he's 38 ffs).

The Observer notes Shinsuke Nakamura will likely get a new name in WWE/NXT and WWE has not purchased the rights to "Subconscious."

I know it's just rumors but damn, I'll actually be pissed if this is true. Didn't mind Owens, Balor and Sami but Nakamura is the one guy who barely needs to change, if at all.

Very few guys get to keep their previous names. It seems like more of a financial ownership thing than a gimmick thing. Vince doesn't want you going elsewhere after WWE and using the name "he made".

In recent years (post WCW/ECW guys), the only ones I can think of that got to keep their name/gimmick were CM Punk, Samoa Joe and AJ Styles. (Does James Storm count since he came and went?) And I'm sure those may have even taken some negotiating.

Seems like times are changing though, since most of those are recent acquisitions. But it also seems like you had to be huge in TNA in this case.

Very few guys get to keep their previous names. It seems like more of a financial ownership thing than a gimmick thing. Vince doesn't want you going elsewhere after WWE and using the name "he made".

In recent years (post WCW/ECW guys), the only ones I can think of that got to keep their name/gimmick were CM Punk, Samoa Joe and AJ Styles. (Does James Storm count since he came and went?) And I'm sure those may have even taken some negotiating.

Seems like times are changing though, since most of those are recent acquisitions. But it also seems like you had to be huge in TNA in this case.

That seems to be the case (NXT's newest acquisition, too). Although I don't think Punk was big in TNA but I assume Heyman was involved. What are they going to do with Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano once they sign them though? A name change would seem pointless.

I have to say that the possibility of not hearing Nakamura's badass theme in the WWE bums me out the most.

That seems to be the case (NXT's newest acquisition, too).

Yeah, I forgot about AA. Must have something to do with TNA. Maybe since they've all been guys who were red hot when TNA was still somewhat mainstream.

Bobby Rude is the only other guy I could see not getting a name change at this point if he signed. Maybe Daniels or Jay Lethal.

Sorry if others posted about Axl. This one made me really sad.

I wanted to post one more story about him from PWInsider - it is a great read actually. I realize a lot of folks on here might not have ever seen him wrestle. It's worth five minutes:

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=99542

Axl Rotten made ECW even crazier than it already was and while I can't say I'm a fan of death matches and excessive gore in pro wrestling, he added a lot to the promotion's legacy. It's sad to see how his life turned out, he deserved better.

Yeah, I forgot about AA. Must have something to do with TNA. Maybe since they've all been guys who were red hot when TNA was still somewhat mainstream.

Bobby Rude is the only other guy I could see not getting a name change at this point if he signed. Maybe Daniels or Jay Lethal.

I think it's because they believe the American audience is already familiar with those talents, while NJPW, AAA and indie guys aren't. But yeah, TNA ain't shit these days and thanks to the internet, people can easily follow promotions from other countries - Nakamura is a bigger star than any of TNA's guys, except Joe and Styles (and ex-WWE talent). Then again, so was Devitt and KENTA ...

I think if Bryan is going to come back it'll be 2.8.16 Raw is in Seattle that night.. if he's not back that night I am giving up all hope that we're ever seeing him again in a WWE ring.

There's a photo of him arriving at the airport in Seattle (new look in tow) but they haven't officially announced his return yet.

I guess he's either announcing his retirement (from the E), his return to the ring - or nothing of note. Apparently Bryan tried to give notice but they blocked his attempt because they froze his contract though, so it remains to be seen what he's going to do.

Fuck. My two all-time favorite wrestlers (the other one being Punk) are both retired now. I mean sure, this could be a work on the WWE if this is Bryan's only way of getting out of his contract in the near future (thus allowing him to return to the ring somewhere else) but I wouldn't get my hopes up for that. So for now, I'm gonna be a sad panda that'll cry fucking waterfalls on RAW.