VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Just now, knifeparty said:

Normally I wouldn't have rooted for Orton.  I compare this to how people must have felt with having Roman, Sheamus, or Batista win for them.

No way. Orton is legitimately talented and regarded as one of the best workers by a lot of people in the business. His gimmick had gotten really stale but I think got a shot of adrenaline with the Wyatt's angle. I'm not bummed at all that he won. Congrats on taking home that cash!

5 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

I'm super disappointed that Balor didn't return.

Undertaker vs. Reigns at Mania will be an absolute snooze.

Yep. Reigns needs to be carried for a match to be good/great. Obviously ancient Taker isn't the guy for that. Should've just gone with what the fans voted for with Cena or Styles or fuck it both. WM is shaping up to be yet another shit show instead of the show of the year it should be.

In all seriousness guys, thanks for participating in the Rumble pool this year.  Even if Orton would have been eliminated, it was still giving me a reason to be more invested for the match itself.  I forgot how much it made the ppv more enjoyable.  I will make sure to organize it sooner next year also.

Maybe we can keep the thread going a bit better too.  I will definitely try and comment more often  also.

It wasn't the worst RR, but it was certainly a little lackluster.  I guess Tye was a surprise but I heard so many people speculate about all the possible surprise entrants and there weren't any that just felt big.

I really thoght Strowman was going to last a little longer but he looked like a monster.

Brock looked great. He dominated for a few. Then Goldberg eliminates him quick. Ugh. So stupid.

Undertaker eliminating Goldberg was great. That was a surprise. Then Reigns elimating Undertaker was equally as shocking. Great also. Makes you wonder about where they're going with him.

I'm glad Reigns didn't win again but Orton winning felt unnecessary. I would have liked to see Bray get the win. Would have made him feel important.

Edited by somethingvinyl

I thoroughly enjoyed Takeover and liked the Rumble PPV until the main event turned out the way it did. Reigns at #30 means they're either going to turn him into a full-blown heel or they're still fucking stubborn - still, kayfabe-wise, it made absolutely no sense why he got the spot and Styles didn't. Orton winning is cool with me only because I don't hate him and it wasn't Reigns, Goldberg or Taker. I just hope his match against Wyatt won't be as disappointing as their first encounter (although I'd still prefer that over a gazillionth rematch with Cena).

My Rumble weekend highlights were Roode becoming NXT champ, Gun and Gallows finally winning gold (or silver, in this case), Neville becoming the literal king of the cruiserweights, Jack Gallagher and Tye Dillinger coming out at 10. The latter was the only real surprise entrant, which is depressing but at least that happened. Missed opportunity to not have Joe debut but maybe it was for the better if he wasn't going to win anyway.

1 hour ago, Breezus said:

Neville becoming the literal king of the cruiserweights

I meant to comment on Neville. Flippy flip shit has never been my bag; yeah, it's great to watch, but spot-fest wrestling is not great story-telling, in my opinion.  So, "The man gravity forgot" gimmick was fine, but Neville did absolutely nothing for me. Matter of fact, always skipped his matches. They weren't boring exactly, but I thought he was boring. His character was so bland, I didn't care about his skill set. 

That said, his heel switch has been AMAZING! This guy feels fresh and honestly, scary. He was always ripped but he looks huge now. Even his expressions are entirely different. Watching his face, you would think he hates his opponents. Whether he's on the top rope or holding a rest-hold, he's grimacing and looking quite pissed. It's great. I believe the dude 100%. I hope he's a great heel champion. 

i missed Joe too.  Went to bed like half hour before that.   I tell you the people on the West Coast and Central have it so much better for Raw.  Staying up until after 11pm on a Monday night via East Coast is tough.  Kills every Tuesday morning for work.  I was just on a ski trip in Colorado last week and watching Raw from 6pm-9pm was soooo much better.  People can get home from work, eat, and throw it on.  And still be in bed early.

21 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

I meant to comment on Neville. Flippy flip shit has never been my bag; yeah, it's great to watch, but spot-fest wrestling is not great story-telling, in my opinion.  So, "The man gravity forgot" gimmick was fine, but Neville did absolutely nothing for me. Matter of fact, always skipped his matches. They weren't boring exactly, but I thought he was boring. His character was so bland, I didn't care about his skill set. 

That said, his heel switch has been AMAZING! This guy feels fresh and honestly, scary. He was always ripped but he looks huge now. Even his expressions are entirely different. Watching his face, you would think he hates his opponents. Whether he's on the top rope or holding a rest-hold, he's grimacing and looking quite pissed. It's great. I believe the dude 100%. I hope he's a great heel champion. 

Neville is consistently my favorite part about RAW (and 205 Live) since his return. He was already great as a tweener in NXT but turning into a full-blown heel is doing wonders for his career. I'm also glad he gets to talk more often now.

Stumbled upon an unfortunate spoiler regarding Joe but I'm stoked nonetheless. SmackDown! probably needs him more but at least his involvement with HHH makes sense and he immediately got a big storyline on RAW, so I'm not mad at all.

27 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Looks like Rollins' knee got reinjured during the Smo Joe brawl. Shit man.

dang! that blows!! and right after Triple H was criticizing for getting hurt the previous time.

related, I feel like a Kevin Owens vs. Samoa Joe feud would be something I'd like to see in the future

On 2/2/2017 at 4:55 AM, knifeparty said:

Man, possibly another Wrestlemania without Rollins.  That really sucks if that happens.

Apparently he'll be out for about 8 weeks, so he may make it to WM. Man, just when he finally has an interesting storyline again, he gets injured.

On a sidenote, the rumoured WM card is absolutely atrocious. I really hope there's gonna be big changes but knowing this company, I have little faith. Thankfully, I have NJPW to look forward to this and next week.

Edited by Breezus

7 hours ago, Breezus said:

Apparently he'll be out for about 8 weeks, so he may make it to WM. Man, just when he finally has an interesting storyline again, he gets injured.

On a sidenote, the rumoured WM card is absolutely atrocious. I really hope there's gonna be big changes but knowing this company, I have little faith. Thankfully, I have NJPW to look forward to this and next week.

That rumored card is abysmal.  Hopefully within a few years they will finally cut it out with all the old part timers and let the people who carry the damn company for 11 months of the year showcase their abilities.