VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

6 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Supposedly he outsells everyone other than Cena in the merch department, so I guess in their eyes he's already happening. 

Didn't know that. All I see is hate for him. Don't know anyone who likes him. Even some of my friends kids thinks he sucks.  The boos seem to outweigh ththe cheers too . It just feels like they try too hard with him. Oh well.

8 hours ago, pizza face said:

And why have undertaker lose his last match?

Taker lost because that's the old school mentality in the wrestling business. In your retirement match, you go out on your back. See: Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, etc. It made sense for him to lose. I just wish it was anyone but Reigns who beat him.

WM was alright. It was definitely about an hour too long, and it dragged for the last four matches. Goldberg vs. Brock was absolutely terrible, and I'm glad that's finally over. Taker vs. Reigns was bad. The mixed tag match was fine, but the proposal after was so forced and cheesy. Orton vs. Wyatt was a disappointment. The SD women's title match was rushed and unexciting. Wrestlemania started off hot though. The cruiserweight title match was great. Gronk getting in to help Mojo was corny as hell but kinda cool. Styles/McMahon was very entertaining. Owens/Jericho, Rollins/HHH, the tag titles ladder match, and the Raw women's match were are very enjoyable. Overall, the show was about what I expected, pretty bland with a few bright spots. Biggest surprise was seeing the Hardyz return. MOTN was probably HHH vs Rollins or Styles vs McMahon.

My quick review because none of you smarks will care:

HOF Ceremony: It was great. A little long but still great. You know you're getting old when you know every name they're inducting. 

NXT: Takeover: Haven't watched yet, trying to not spoil it for myself. Wanted to watch it in full instead of rushing through it.

Wrestlemania had 13 matches including pre-show. WHY is it so long? Overall a good show. Some great moments. A few disappointing ones.

Neville v Aries: Good match. Neville looks like a strong heel who isn't losing anytime soon. King of the Cruiserweights is a great gimmick.

Battle Royal: I don't feel the hype of Mojo. Interesting to see where his character goes.

Ambrose v Corbin: Meh. Renee Young said the IC title was "prestigious," if it's so prestigious, why was it on the pre-show?

AJ v Shane: It was a lot better match than I thought it would have been. But kind of annoying. I don't need to see Shane doing flips.

Owens v Jericho: I wish the friends angle would have gone on for another year. But it was a good blowoff. Owens has a the US title, so, that's great.

Raw Women's match: Good. I love Charlotte, I hope she is a heel forever. Nia Jax is a giant lady. They said her weight and nobody else's. Thought that was weird. Sasha looked great. Bayley wins. That's nice, but I always wonder: did she start as the female Eugene gimmick, though?

Raw Tag 4 way ladder: How could this get any better? I was happy the New Day appeared to be wrestling, but then to be totally surpised was awesome. I just read that Jeff said they were not coming back any time soon. So for them to be back was great. It was great great great. Sooooo great. 

John/Nikki v Miz/Maryse: Meh, again. Really wanted Miz to go over. This version of his character is so good. Don't care about the proposal. Maybe WWE are going to shine Miz in a singles feud since there was no way Cena was going to lose and then propose. 

Rollins v HHH: Pretty decent story-telling. Nice false finishes. Steph takes a bump through a table. Rollins wins. Can't ask for more.

Orton v Wyatt: One month championship reigns make no sense to me. Maybe if you hold a belt in this WWE era, you don't have to defend it once every 30 days like though the golden age. So Orton won't have to be on TV as much. I think we all agree that Wyatt's character is fantastic. How do we show WWE that? Buy more shirts? He had a huge pop last night. Bigger than Orton's.

Lesnar vs. Goldberg: The way it started, I really thought it was going to go the same way as SS. Glad it didn't. It was perfectly fine. Only five moves were executed the whole match. And that's if you count Lesnar's leapfrog. 

Smackdown Women's Title: Naomi is fine. She's from Central FL. That's all. That booty though.

Reigns v Undertaker: So sad. We will all miss Taker at Mania. But it does have to come to an end. Whoever mentioned that a loss is tradition is correct. So here's what I don't understand: Brock ending the streak made him a bigger star than he was already. That was the goal. So, that's the same motivation for this. But there's the gray area with Roman. So why not have him get heat and turn heel. Even if you turn him face again a year from now. He could have beaten the hell out of Taker, had him Blade with Vince's permission and essential murder Taker's career and you have an instant villain. Why not do it? WHY???

Edited by somethingvinyl

1 hour ago, Brock N Roll said:

I could go on bitching about Reigns but I wouldn't be saying anything that hasnt already been said a million times over. 

However, cheers or boos......he gets a very strong reaction which is more than 90% of the the roster can say.

That's the logic that HHH used in an interview I read a couple days before Mania. It was mentioned that the fans think Roman should be heel, and HHH's response was something along the lines of "Isn't he already? He gets a strong negative reaction."

I had zero hype for Mania weekend but I've enjoyed the Hall of Fame, Takeover, WM and RAW After a lot and am really excited for SmackDown! After Mania tonight (especially with all those rumours).

Highlights:

• DDP and Angle's HOF speech
  • DIY and Revival teaming up against AOP
  • the NXT debut of Tommy End Aleister Black
  • Drew McIntyre in the audience
  • that fucking WM stage and big-ass ring above the ring
  • Shane-Styles
  • Tag Ladder match
  • the return of Kurt fucking Angle
  • the return of the fucking Broken Hardyz
  • the return of Evil fucking Emma
  • the return of Finn fucking Balor
  • the return of BEACHBALLMANIA
  • the debut of the Revival
  • Reigns getting buried by the RAW After crowd (just ... just turn him heel ffs)

Still not sure what to think about Reigns retiring Taker. I thought I'd throw a fit when Reigns became the only person besides Brock to do what countless legends were never able to do but for some reason, I wasn't as mad as I expected. Maybe because I kind of knew it was inevitable. Or maybe because it hasn't really quite hit me just yet that that was most likely Taker's final match.

Either way, I think that turned Reigns into the most overpushed wrestler of all time (if he wasn't already). There's no going back from this.

Edited by Breezus

• 2 weeks later...

Thoughts on the Shakeup? I think SmackDown! looks really strong right now. Styles, Nakamura, Owens, Zayn, Cena and Orton in the spotlight (who I consider the new SD! Six), plus Corbin, Rusev, Dillinger and Ziggler in the Upper/Midcard makes for an incredibly stacked roster. Also, the Women's Division got Charlotte and the Tag scene got New Day, which is just what they needed.

4 hours ago, Breezus said:

Thoughts on the Shakeup? I think SmackDown! looks really strong right now. Styles, Nakamura, Owens, Zayn, Cena and Orton in the spotlight (who I consider the new SD! Six), plus Corbin, Rusev, Dillinger and Ziggler in the Upper/Midcard makes for an incredibly stacked roster. Also, the Women's Division got Charlotte and the Tag scene got New Day, which is just what they needed.

In theory yeah, but Cena is part-time now, and Rusev is out with injury for the time being. Verrrrry excited to see Nak against pretty much all those dudes though.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to post in this thread pretty frequently a few years ago. Looks like it slowed down a bit since then. I figured I'd post my story here anyway because this is a wrestling thread on a music forum.

If anybody watches/is familiar with Progress Wrestling and knows who Toni Storm is, she is using my music as her entrance theme now. 

Progress sent out a message on their Facebook a month or so ago saying they were looking for Indy artists for music that they could use in promo/video packages and potentially entrance themes. I got in touch and suggested a specific song to them but told them if there was anything on the album they liked to let me know.

A few days later, they told me Toni Storm picked one of the tracks as her entrance theme!

She came out to it at Progress Chapter 46 and it fucking ruled. She also used it in Orlando at Wrestlemania weekend during the first overseas show Progress has ever done. It's pretty fucking cool to be able to see one of the best women wrestlers in the world come out to the ring using music that I made.

Dana Fowler And The - Blood Suckers

/\ That's the song she picked.

Horror Story

/\ It's off of this album

I'm pretty stoked about it.

(also streaming on iTunes and Spotify, blah blah blah)

Thanks for reading this shilly post!

4 hours ago, danaisalright said:

I used to post in this thread pretty frequently a few years ago. Looks like it slowed down a bit since then. I figured I'd post my story here anyway because this is a wrestling thread on a music forum.

Toni Storm is awesome. Progress is awesome. Your track is awesome. This was an awesome read. Awesome.

1 hour ago, Brock N Roll said:

This thread has really died off. I'm going to a house show tomorrow night though. Pretty pumped

responsibilities got in the way of me staying up to date the last couple weeks, but I get to go to RAW tomorrow and an NXT house show on Thursday. I'm pretty stoked and will prolly report back if anyone cares...

• 3 weeks later...

Recently went to a RAW houseshow and got front row seats for the first time. It's a completely different (and infinitely more awesome) experience being so close to the ramp and stage and high-fiving guys like Jeff Hardy, who I thought I'd never see live when he quit the company right before I went to my first event in 2009.

On a sidenote, a certain villain just joined Bullet Club. As if NJPW hasn't already been a joy to watch this year.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Breezus said:

Anyone seen Dominion? Okada vs. Omega II was absolutely fucking unbelievable.

I watched as long as I could last night. Picked back up when I woke up, just finished the Jr title match. Been a really good show so far and should only get better from this point on.

edit: wow what a main event. Okada and Omega are incredible.

Edited by dantheriver

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2017 at 3:55 PM, dantheriver said:

I watched as long as I could last night. Picked back up when I woke up, just finished the Jr title match. Been a really good show so far and should only get better from this point on.

edit: wow what a main event. Okada and Omega are incredible.

They're gonna have a rematch in the G1 in August. Ibushi and Zack Sabre Jr. will also happen. Also, the G1 in USA Specials were fantastic. So many great matches and yet another 5-star classic.

As far as WWE goes, I'm excited for Joe-Lesnar and NXT but that's pretty much it. I do think SummerSlam is gonna be good though.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Lol at Kurt Angle's big secret.

G1 night 1 was pretty rad.

Seriously, it's so dumb lol. I don't think Jordan is gonna do very well on his own. He's good but until Gable arrived in NXT, he wasn't interesting in the slightest. They complemented each other well. I hope Gable at least gets a good singles push now; his match with Styles was promising.

And yeah, Day 1 was nuts. Ibushi and Naito went all out. So many ridiculous spots. That fucking Avalanche Piledriver.