VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Very unfortunate. I agree that they shouldn't vacate the title, but I think Asuka's title reign ran its course quite a while ago. So, she can drop the belt anytime and go to the main roster as far as I'm concerned. I really thought she was gonna drop it to Ember. All that said, I hope she recovers quickly, and through all that pain, she still put on a hell of a match.

Looking forward to Mae Young tournament too.

Lots of speculation about how long Asuka would hold the title, being that she's unbeaten and they're not really able to make her a heel yet. But if she vacates the title, is out for a while, and shows up on the main roster, how cool would that be? Mae Young will result in some new women coming into NXT so now might be the time to get Asuka up to Raw or Smackdown. 

I hope they keep the title on Asuka as well, especially if she isn't out for too long. I'm not even sure if I want her to lose the title to someone else - Ember is great in the ring but her character (or lack thereof) and promos are hilariously bad. And the others just aren't on the same level. Either wait for Kairi's debut or let her show up on the main shows and have her win one of the Women's Titles, which would force her to vacate the NXT Title (like they did with Paige 3 years ago).

I'm scared on how they're gonna use her on the main shows though. Her streak would probably be broken on a random episode, just like it happened to Charlotte, Neville and Nakamura.

First round of the Mae You Classic was pretty enjoyable. A few competitors were definitely not on par with the talent levels of others. There were a couple dud matches too, similar to the Cruiserweight Classic. Overall, I've been enjoying it though. Tessa Blanchard vs. Kairi Sane was pretty great. Lita on commentary is awful though. She's probably the worst part. At least, good ol' JR is there.

Lita sucks, JR is doing fine and seems to have done his homework (or is getting solid intel in his headset) unlike when he called the US G1 Special.

Most of those first round matches were pretty lame, IMO. Expecting round two to be much better given some of the subpar competitors who have been weeded out.

Yeah, it hasn't been anything particularly mind-blowing so far. Kairi-Tessa, Piper-Santana and Gabert-Laith were the standouts and I enjoyed seeing Candice LeRae, Toni Storm and Shayna Baszler as well. I also expect it to get better though (although I have no hope for commentary, since Lita just isn't made for that and JR is way past his prime unfortunately).

Speaking of commentary, JBL is gone. Ideally, they'd call up Nigel but it's probably gonna be Otunga or King.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched No Mercy.  Some terrible booking decisions, but good matches.  Hell In A Cell card not looknig great.  I keep wanting to cancel my network subscription, but then say nah I'll watch this next PPV to see 2 good matches.  Its only $10 and something to watch Sunday nights twice a month.  that damn Vince was a smart man.

11 minutes ago, njpunkmusic said:

I keep wanting to cancel my network subscription...  that damn Vince was a smart man.

Yo, exactly this. I keep thinking that I'll cancel it, but I still watch NXT every week and 205 Live most weeks. Though 205 Live has become a bit of a chore to watch. I don't even watch the PPVs anymore really. I essentially pay $9.99 a month for 1.5 weekly shows and the 4 major PPVs.

Edited by TheWindBlower

10 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

Yo, exactly this. I keep thinking that I'll cancel it, but I still watch NXT every week and 205 Live most weeks. Though 205 Live has become a bit of a chore to watch. I don't even watch the PPVs anymore really. I essentially pay $9.99 a month for 1.5 weekly shows and the 4 major PPVs.

I canceled my sub and watch NXT on Hulu on Thursdays. 

Main shows are shit but NXT is pretty great right now (205 as well). Anyway, to those who aren't following Lucha Underground: You're seriously missing out. Ultima Lucha started last week and it had the most brutal match I've seen in a decade. WWE going PG and NJPW sticking to traditional match types made me forget how fucking violent pro wrestling can be.

Edited by Breezus

So, I meant to cancel WWE Network and it wound up being the last day of the billing cycle. I tried to cancel, but it didn't go through for some reason.  So I was charged on my card. I go back in to my WWE account and end up canceling after discovering this five days later. Long story short, after emailing and calling, I was able to get refunded the charge. I was told through the couple emails and phone calls that they don't do refunds. But they gave it me. So in case in happens to any of you guys, it is possible. 

4 hours ago, Breezus said:

Speaking of the Network, my 90 day free trial is gonna be over next month and does anyone know if I'm obligated to pay the 9,99 even if I cancel before the deadline? 

Also, has anyone seen King of Pro Wrestling and the last day of Global Wars? So many great matches happened.

As long as you go to the WWE Network website and cancel, you can use the service until the date they say would start your next billing cycle.

Edited by somethingvinyl

7 hours ago, Breezus said:

Speaking of the Network, my 90 day free trial is gonna be over next month and does anyone know if I'm obligated to pay the 9,99 even if I cancel before the deadline? 

Also, has anyone seen King of Pro Wrestling and the last day of Global Wars? So many great matches happened.

I think we may be the only ones keeping up with NJPW. KOPW was awesome. I haven’t seen the Chicago date of Global Wars yet but I went to the show the night before in Columbus and had a great time. I can’t remember a time I marked out as hard as I did for almost that entire show.

3 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

As long as you go to the WWE Network website and cancel, you can use the service until the date they say would start your next billing cycle.

Ah I see, thanks.

2 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I think we may be the only ones keeping up with NJPW. KOPW was awesome. I haven’t seen the Chicago date of Global Wars yet but I went to the show the night before in Columbus and had a great time. I can’t remember a time I marked out as hard as I did for almost that entire show.

That's pretty cool (haven't seen the Columbus show but I've heard good things). Definitely watch the Chicago show - maybe not the full thing (since it's quite long) but there's at least three fantastic matches, plus three absolutely hysterical matches. I don't know where Flip Gordon suddenly came from but I'm really impressed by what I've seen so far. And Ospreay is definitely in the BITW Top 10.

On 10/18/2017 at 5:29 PM, Breezus said:

Ah I see, thanks.

That's pretty cool (haven't seen the Columbus show but I've heard good things). Definitely watch the Chicago show - maybe not the full thing (since it's quite long) but there's at least three fantastic matches, plus three absolutely hysterical matches. I don't know where Flip Gordon suddenly came from but I'm really impressed by what I've seen so far. And Ospreay is definitely in the BITW Top 10.

Flip Gordon is also a Trump supporter, so that pretty much killed my interest in Flip Gordon.

1 hour ago, scottheisel said:

Flip Gordon is also a Trump supporter, so that pretty much killed my interest in Flip Gordon.

I try to separate personal views and the art an artist makes (i.e., I love John Lennon, but he was a shitty human for much of his life). Yet, I find it very difficult to separate ardent Trump supporters and him. It's a huge, awful pill to swallow. 

Per WWE App alert, KURT ANGLE will replace Roman Reigns with the Shield and AJ Styles will replace Bray Wyatt on Sunday at TLC.

It's been noted that Bray is dealing with an illness. So, WWE decided to give the fans AJ vs. Finn, a match that folks have been dying for, with NO buildup at all. Reigns has been injured, I believe, not sure what it is. Kurt Angle will return to a WWE ring for the first time in 11 or so years with NO buildup at all. This is so dumb. I mean, I'm interested in watching. Don't get me wrong. But the lack of buildup feels like the fans are being robbed of a two great storylines: Finn vs. AJ and Kurt's in-ring return.

Edited by TheWindBlower