VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

WM is here again this year. And initially I wanted to to pay big bucks because the last one was so amazing live (Undertaker's streak ended, Daniel Bryan's epic title win, etc). But the rumor of all the shit happening that weekend, it's unbelievable. So I might get cheap tickets just to go to WM and really go to the other stuff before Sunday. There should be a ROH show here like last year. Bruce Prichard and Conrad Thompson will probably do a live show of their podcast here. NXT will have a TakeOver. Just so many other things.

Edited by somethingvinyl

1 hour ago, Breezus said:

Has anyone seen WrestleKingdom 12? That show was fucking wild. Cody Rhodes and Chris Jericho had their best matches in ages, the Fatal 4-Way was insane and the main event was fantastic.

Watching currently. Slow day at the office, got this on my laptop. On the 6-Man Gauntlet currently.

EDIT: Great match between Ibusi and Cody. Was surprised to see Ibushi get the win. Really enjoyed that.

Edited by TheWindBlower

On 1/4/2018 at 6:15 PM, TheWindBlower said:

Watching currently. Slow day at the office, got this on my laptop. On the 6-Man Gauntlet currently.

EDIT: Great match between Ibusi and Cody. Was surprised to see Ibushi get the win. Really enjoyed that.

Yeah, I didn't expect that match to be as good as it was. It's probably Cody's best match ever.

23 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

Anywhere in particular I can watch this?

NJPWorld. It's only 8 bucks.

1 hour ago, Breezus said:

Yeah, I didn't expect that match to be as good as it was. It's probably Cody's best match ever.

Definitely possible. I've liked what he's done in ROH too. Leaving WWE has don't him wonders.

WK12 was fantastic overall. Jericho/Omega lived up to the massive hype. The 4-way Jr. Heavyweight match was awesome, and JAY WHITE, wow. This was the first I've seen him since he left ROH, and he has really elevated his game. Better in the ring, better gimmick, way more confidence. If he's next to challenge Omega, that'll be a great feud.

On 1/5/2018 at 7:58 PM, TheWindBlower said:

Definitely possible. I've liked what he's done in ROH too. Leaving WWE has don't him wonders.

WK12 was fantastic overall. Jericho/Omega lived up to the massive hype. The 4-way Jr. Heavyweight match was awesome, and JAY WHITE, wow. This was the first I've seen him since he left ROH, and he has really elevated his game. Better in the ring, better gimmick, way more confidence. If he's next to challenge Omega, that'll be a great feud.

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't too big on White but he keeps getting better and better every time he shows up. The next title matches  are already set for the New Beginning shows next month (spoilers in case you haven't seen WK and New Year's Dash):

Spoiler

• EVIL & SANADA vs. Kazuchika Okada & Hirooki Goto - IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Titles
  • Will Ospreay vs. Hiromu Takahashi - IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title
  • Hirooki Goto vs. EVIL - NEVER Openweight Title
  • Kenny Omega vs. Jay White - United States Heavyweight Title
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Minoru Suzuki - Intercontinental Heavyweight Title
  • Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA - IWGP Heavyweight Title

Also, Tetsuya Naito vs. Chris Jericho has already started and will probably happen at Sakura Genesis or at a later date and there are further tensions in Bullet Club between Omega and Rhodes (because the latter wanted to beat up Ibushi, Omega's ex(-partner)). Plus, Jay White joined CHAOS earlier today in order to have allies against BC.

These are all rather unexpected, but very intriguing developments and I'm already hyped for the next couple of months. I hope WWE has something good planned for the RTWM season too. Reigns-Lesnar is a lock but I really don't want Reigns to win the Rumble again. Nakamura-Styles needs to happen and while I don't expect it, I'd love to see Nakamura win instead.

Edited by Breezus

• 2 weeks later...

havent watched a minute of WWE since summer, but def tuning in Monday for 25th anniversary Raw.  should be interesting.  ALSO, if anyone is setting up a Royal Rumble pool (male and/ or female) I want in for sure.  shoot me a message.  can PayPal or Venmo immediately.  Would even make more than one purchase if not enough people interested

Yo. So @knifeparty normally puts the Rumble pool together. Looks like he hasn't signed in in a few months. I'm totally willing to put it together this year, if the interest is there. 

I believe that we normally do a $15 buy in for 2 spots in the 30-man rumble. Do we wanna do $20 total for 2 spots in both the men's and women's Rumble this year? Or keep it at $15 for each Rumble, so $30 total? We normally only drum up about 15 participants, so that's why I'm guessing 2 spots for each Rumble.

We'll follow the classic rules. Every participant gets 1 spot in entrants 1-15 and 1 spot in entrants 16-30. It will be randomized, of course. Winner take all. One winner for men's and one winner for women's. What do we think?

Edited by TheWindBlower

1 hour ago, TheWindBlower said:

Yo. So @knifeparty normally puts the Rumble pool together. Looks like he hasn't signed in in a few months. I'm totally willing to put it together this year, if the interest is there. 

I believe that we normally do a $15 buy in for 2 spots in the 30-man rumble. Do we wanna do $20 total for 2 spots in both the men's and women's Rumble this year? Or keep it at $15 for each Rumble, so $30 total? We normally only drum up about 15 participants, so that's why I'm guessing 2 spots for each Rumble.

We'll follow the classic rules. Every participant gets 1 spot in entrants 1-15 and 1 spot in entrants 16-30. It will be randomized, of course. Winner take all. One winner for men's and one winner for women's. What do we think?

I'm down for whatever.  I would suggest 15 people @ $20 each.  So basically $10 per rumble.  Each match is winner takes home $150.

16 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

@KingTacoMunster @erikness @Breezus @FiggyPud @dantheriver

You guys interested in the Rumble pool?

We need 9 more entrants!

Thanks for the invite, but I'm gonna have to pass on Rumble lottos this year. Not sure if I'm even gonna watch and trying to save money. I still have to buy Strong Style Evolved tickets on Monday. B)