Jump to content
Guest

VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, scottheisel said:

Flip Gordon is also a Trump supporter, so that pretty much killed my interest in Flip Gordon.

While that's a shame, that doesn't change my opinion on him as a wrestler. 

 

Holy fucking shit at those WWE news though. Styles-Balor is a dream match and Kurt Angle returns to the ring? That's a lot to process. Not to mention that these are two big angles that should have gotten a lot of build-up but oh well. TLC just became must-see and I guess that's all that matters to them.

Edited by Breezus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheWindBlower said:

Pure insanity. I couldn't believe that this AM.

I was watching live up until the start of the US title match, I got too tired. Luckily no spoilers hit before I got to go back and finish up.

 

I got tickets to a Wrestling Revolver show in Dayton with the main event of Naito v Big Mike in February. I’m pretty hyped to see the (likely) NJPW Heavyweight Champion live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Chris Jericho is wrestling Kenny Omega in the Tokyo Dome. Maybe some of you WWE marks will finally tune in this January!

This is so surreal, especially with Jericho always saying he'd only ever wrestle for WWE. I love everything about this. I'm not even mad Omega-Ibushi won't happen just yet. On top of being a dream match, Omega-Jericho is gonna get a lot of attention and hopefully more long-term NJPW fans as well.

 

The WK 12 card is already pretty wild and it's still missing the rest of LIJ and CHAOS, as well as Juice, Elgin, ZSJ and Suzuki:

  • Naito-Okada - IWGP HW
  • Omega-Jericho - US HW
  • Tanahashi-White - IC HW
  • Scurll-Ospreay-Hiromu-KUSHIDA - JR HW
  • Rhodes-Ibushi - ROH HW
  • Bucks-RPG 3K - JR TAG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

World tag league is pretty stacked this year as well.  NJPW's firing on all cylinders.

Bracket A:
Juice Robinson/Sami Callihan
SANADA/EVIL
Yuji Nagata/ Manabu Nakanishi
Yujiro/Hangman Page
TenCozy
Bad Luck Fale/Chase Owens
Minoru Suzuki/Takashi Iizuka
Hirooki Goto/YOSHI-HASHI

Bracket B:
Killer Elite Squad
War Machine
Jeff Cobb/ Michael Elgin
Best Friends
Henare/ Togi Makabe
Toru Yano/Tomohiro Ishii
Guerrillas of Destiny
Katsuya Kitamura/David Finlay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's pretty wild to see Jeff Cobb, Chuckie T and Sami Callihan in NJPW. On top of that, they added Scurll, Rhodes and ZSJ to the roster and got Suzuki-gun, Hiromu, RPG 3K and Ibushi back this year, which made so many fantastic match-ups possible (that Ibushi-Tana match from Power Struggle for example, holy shit). I gotta say, since losing Nakamura, three of the most important Bullet Club members and the NOAH partnership last year, the product has actually gotten even better and the match quality has never been higher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NXT War Games was pretty fucking great. I lost interest in the actual War Games match. But women's fourway match for the women's title was great. And you have to watch that Aleister Black vs The Velveteen Dream match. Fucking great.

Edited by somethingvinyl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, somethingvinyl said:

NXT War Games was pretty fucking great. I lost interest in the actual War Games match. But women's fourway match for the women's title was great. And you have to watch that Aleister Black vs The Velveteen Dream match. Fucking great.

Loved War Games, as well. I really enjoyed the main event. Agree that Black and Velveteen stole the show. I was really surprised by how great that match was and how excellent their chemistry was in the ring. Only match I didn't really enjoy was McIntyre vs. Almas, and I can't see Almas as an enjoyable champion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

Loved War Games, as well. I really enjoyed the main event. Agree that Black and Velveteen stole the show. I was really surprised by how great that match was and how excellent their chemistry was in the ring. Only match I didn't really enjoy was McIntyre vs. Almas, and I can't see Almas as an enjoyable champion.

Sounds like you aren’t living the tranquilo lifestyle, my friend. Los Ingobernables 4L.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dantheriver said:

Sounds like you aren’t living the tranquilo lifestyle, my friend. Los Ingobernables 4L.

I will be honest. I never saw Almas compete as La Sombra in NJPW. So, when he was signed, I tried to get into it, and he fell flat with me. The pairing with Zelina has DEFINITELY made him a little more interesting, and he can definitely go in the ring. We'll see how this title reign shapes up. You guys have any match recommendations from Almas' NJPW run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

War Games was fucking wild. Probably WWE's PPV of the year - I can't really think of anything else that was so consistent and refreshing. Everyone was elevated and hell, that fantastic match with Black turned Velveteen into a superstar overnight. As far as Survivor Series goes, Styles-Lesnar was definitely MOTN and one of the best WWE matches in 2017 so far. Lesnar can be so good when he gives a shit and you can see that in his matches against Joe and Styles.

 

22 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

I will be honest. I never saw Almas compete as La Sombra in NJPW. So, when he was signed, I tried to get into it, and he fell flat with me. The pairing with Zelina has DEFINITELY made him a little more interesting, and he can definitely go in the ring. We'll see how this title reign shapes up. You guys have any match recommendations from Almas' NJPW run?

He had a rivalry with Nakamura for the IC Title, with their encounter at Kizuna Road arguably being their best match. Not sure about anything else though, I didn't follow his NJPW-run myself. Honestly, I wasn't a fan of his at all until his heel turn. And now, Ingobernable Almas has actually become one of my favorites in NXT (also thanks to Vega, who's the perfect manager) and I was really happy he won the title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×