whiskey/scotch/bourbon

Guest errolwest
Bourbon is good too. I have only had a select few though. Buffalo Trace, Knob Creek <3, Jim Beam, Makers Mark, and my favorite..Eagle Rare. Johnny Walker Blue is a bit pricey for me. I have a lot of single malts, which are very expensive but JWB is almost double the price.

Buffalo trace rules, I'm also really into bulliet. I could drink that all day and night

Good call on the eagle rare. At that price you can't go wrong. Buffalo Trace is also a good sipper but Im partial to Jefferson.

To not hijack your scotch thread and turn it into a bourbon thread (though there should be one) anyone have an milder scotch recommendations? The smoky sweet combo is a little much for me.

Good call on the eagle rare. At that price you can't go wrong. Buffalo Trace is also a good sipper but Im partial to Jefferson.

To not hijack your scotch thread and turn it into a bourbon thread (though there should be one) anyone have an milder scotch recommendations? The smoky sweet combo is a little much for me.

the glenlivet 12 is the mildest one of the bunch that i like.

i like bourbons, too. got some bulleit and have been meaning to try buffalo trace, i've heard good things. i also like knob creek.

my favorite is probably talisker 10, 18's a bit too peppery.

I'm mostly a bourbon drinker, so a helpful employee at my local liquor store introduced me to this:

[image]

Did they recommend this based on drinking like a Bourbon? I'll check it out. I've had a bunch, but nothing has ever stuck. At least enough to buy or order scotch instead of whiskey or tequila.

I'm mostly a bourbon drinker, so a helpful employee at my local liquor store introduced me to this:

[image]

Did they recommend this based on drinking like a Bourbon? I'll check it out. I've had a bunch, but nothing has ever stuck. At least enough to buy or order scotch instead of whiskey or tequila.

Yeah. They said it was a good transition from bourbon to scotch. I think it was about $40, not too bad.

[image]

Oh yes! I love Aberlour A'bunadh. It's delicious. Macallan 12 is good too. My first bottle of single malt was glenlivet 12 yr, which is a good smooth, decent, fair priced scotch that everyone should try. Glenmorangie 10 is also very smooth for the price. One of the best, as someone mentioned is Laphroaig, very peaty, and smokey. I am thinking my next bottle is going to be Highland Park, i hear a lot of good things about it, and it's only 40 bucks. I also love irish whiskey, bushmills is my fav :). I make a good irish coffee.

i only really have bad experiences when i drink blended scotches. i don't normally black out when i drink, but i do (amongst other things) when i have a bit too much of a blend.

i don't like macallan. it's something lots of people i know dig, but i don't.

and echoing a previous post, yes, glenmorangie is a good quality mild single malt. that's one we always buy because my husband isn't a fan of talisker and we usually share the bottle.