Jump to content
astroluxserenade

whiskey/scotch/bourbon

Recommended Posts

tonight. i've drunk. many things.

 

Oban little bay. Johnny Walker Plat. 1792 Barrel Proof. Elmer T. Lee 2016 and some beers. Overall...terrific night.

 

I've also listened to some great records! Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat, which lead me to Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous, and then Cursive - Such Blinding Stars for Starving Eyes. Next up...who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

tonight. i've drunk. many things.

 

Oban little bay. Johnny Walker Plat. 1792 Barrel Proof. Elmer T. Lee 2016 and some beers. Overall...terrific night.

 

I've also listened to some great records! Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins - Rabbit Fur Coat, which lead me to Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous, and then Cursive - Such Blinding Stars for Starving Eyes. Next up...who knows?

Time for some 80's hair metal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, gents -- just had a baby and figured I wouldn't be seeing the inside of a bar for a while, so I went ahead and started collecting some bottles for sweet sweet consumption at the homestead. I've never kept anything above Evan Williams black label at the house so I feel like this is a step in the right direction. Got some Glencairn glasses over the holidays and overall am feeling pretty fancy, :lol:  Feel like I have a pretty good start. 

What you're seeing currently -- 

Blanton's Original Single Barrel

Stagg Jr. 

Eagle Rare Single Barrel 375ml 

Basil Hayden's Rye Whiskey 

Basil Hayden's Dark Rye Whiskey 

Weller Antique 107 

Weller 12 

Jameson Distillery Edition -- Only available from the gift shop in Dublin (won it in a blind auction)

Booker's

Bulleit Rye  

Super excited to pop the Weller 12 and Eagle Rare Single Barrel. I'll let y'all know what I think! 

IMG_3298_zpsvjr4arqs.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tamubro said:

Alright, gents -- just had a baby and figured I wouldn't be seeing the inside of a bar for a while, so I went ahead and started collecting some bottles for sweet sweet consumption at the homestead. I've never kept anything above Evan Williams black label at the house so I feel like this is a step in the right direction. Got some Glencairn glasses over the holidays and overall am feeling pretty fancy, :lol:  Feel like I have a pretty good start. 

What you're seeing currently -- 

Blanton's Original Single Barrel

Stagg Jr. 

Eagle Rare Single Barrel 375ml 

Basil Hayden's Rye Whiskey 

Basil Hayden's Dark Rye Whiskey 

Weller Antique 107 

Weller 12 

Jameson Distillery Edition -- Only available from the gift shop in Dublin (won it in a blind auction)

Booker's

Bulleit Rye  

Super excited to pop the Weller 12 and Eagle Rare Single Barrel. I'll let y'all know what I think! 

IMG_3298_zpsvjr4arqs.jpg

 

 

Enjoy! Tell me that you think of those. I found the Weller 12 to be underwhelming considering how much Reddit seems to be in love with it. Just tasted sweet on top of sweet to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always see that bookers and am torn on getting it as i think in PA its a 65 dollar bottle i know nothing about. 

 

Would love to hear feedback. 

 

Bullet rye has been a go to for making this one drink i really like. 

 

Going to a friends house for a whiskey tasting tonight. Everyone is bringing a bottle between 30-40 bucks they have never had to share with the group. Hoping for some good stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Enjoy! Tell me that you think of those. I found the Weller 12 to be underwhelming considering how much Reddit seems to be in love with it. Just tasted sweet on top of sweet to me.

For sure! I'll definitely let you know what I think of the Weller 12 once I crack it open. I've definitely heard mixed reviews....those that are flat in love with it and others saying it's not worth all the hype. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

I always see that bookers and am torn on getting it as i think in PA its a 65 dollar bottle i know nothing about. 

 

Would love to hear feedback. 

 

Bullet rye has been a go to for making this one drink i really like. 

 

Going to a friends house for a whiskey tasting tonight. Everyone is bringing a bottle between 30-40 bucks they have never had to share with the group. Hoping for some good stuff!

Thinking of having some Booker's this weekend. I'll keep you in the loop. I was able to snag it for $54 in TX (before tax). Love me some Bulleit Rye! Been a go to of mine for years at the bar.

 

I went to a tasting the other night exclusively for Angel's Envy (at a liquor store) and I'll be damned if Angel's Envy Finished Rye might be one of my favorite Rye Whiskey's I've ever tried. If you haven't had a pour of that...find it. It's worth it. Found it to be SUPER sweet and spicy all at the same time (which I didn't mind)...loved that I had it around Christmas b/c if you could bottle Christmas this would be what it tasted like. Easy to drink. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×