Official RSD 2012 information/releases thread

I plan to pick up Anberlin NTFP and Blueprints as well as Straylight run s/t, but the stores I've contacted in my area don't seem to have info on much of anything. Anyone know of any stores or if the labels will be selling this online internationally? Or of any other way I could grab these albums? Thanks.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Numero Group has some really cool releases planned:

We just saw a recent list of exclusive Record Store Day product being issued on 4/21/2012, and all of the sudden our Solid Bronze comp we started feeling like it was sending a message that Numero was just half-assing this whole thing. To remedy the situation we had a five hour power meeting late last night and came up with a list of 14 titles we’re going to rush into production to fill the obvious customer demand. Look for the following in stores on Record Store Day, and don’t forget to thank Michael Kurtz for helping us raise the bar.

Syl Johnson – The Unedited Interviews, Volume 1 {6LP marbled-vinyl picture disc boxset, housed in a custom slipcase, plus 496-page “libretto”} [Packaged with a hand-numbered vellum pamphlet replicating the complete #shitmysylsays tweets]

Johnny Lunchbreak – The Break Goes On {Reunion tour 3LP set} [4000 pressed in steam-colored 150-gram vinyl, 1000 on sky-colored 180-gram vinyl, packaged in a 200-gram vinyl lunchpail]

Shirley Ann Lee – The 4hero Remixes {Double 10″} [1000 on marbled vinyl, 1000 on shredded swiss cheese vacuum-pressed into LP, playable only once (perishable, keep refrigerated)]

George Lopez – George Lopez Delivers A Somber Meditation on Lowrider Soul Oldies {LP + mp3 CD-R} [Limited to 1,976 copies.]

Various Artists – Rinked: The Skips & Scratches Compilation {7″} [A bracing cacophony of harsh pops and clicks pulled from vintage records and unique acetates used as original Numero source material, presented as two side-long tracks. Hear five decades worth of damage! Every 7” pressed with a one-of-a-kind inclusion of crumbled acetate pressed into the vinyl!]

Syl Johnson versus Branford Marsalis versus Flaming Lips {2LPs on white chocolate vinyl with a graham cracker crust} [Three legendary performers/creators collaborate on, cover, and remix each other’s material; packaged in a confetti-stuffed and fake-blood-soaked Megadeth t-shirt. Limited to 50,000 copies]

Eccentric Soul: The Capsoul Label, Special Edition {2LP} [8th Anniversary limited edition: Exactly the same release Numero fans have come to know and love, pressed on white vinyl and then hand-blacked out with Sharpies by Numero interns. Limited to 10,000 copies]

Eccentric Breaks & Beats: Chopped & Screwed Edition {LP} [We’ve taken a limited number of deadstock copies and added a FULL COLOR printed sticker that implores the listener to pitch the record way down.]

Numerophon’s Impressions Series: Nilsson(?) Sings Numero {2LP, hand-cut lacquers, candy cane vinyl} [Yes, Harry Nilsson’s been dead for some time now....But it’s a little known fact that Cheap Trick axeman Rick Nielsen does a mean Nilsson impression. Here, he warbles through 20 of your favorite Numero selections with that distinctive Nilsson charm. Limited to 20,000 copies]

Quentin Tarantino Presents: Eccentric Soul: Twinight’s Lunar Rotation {4LP, extra virgin blacksploited vinyl} [Replicates the original Twinight's Lunar Rotation in exacting detail, but with Tarantino’s name egregiously displayed across the top....and the liner notes rewritten as a banal conversation about The Jackson 5, held over a lunch consisting of Chicago-style deep dish pizza and shots of Jeppson’s Malört. Limited to 2000 copies]

Eccentric Soul: The 10” Series [All 28 of our Eccentric Soul 45s recut on this noticeably bigger and more unnecessary format.]

Local Customs: Lone Star Lowlands, Toxic Petrochemicals Edition {3LPs} [All three picture discs feature a horrifying image of a Golden Triangle oil rig fire, shot by an East Texas townie. Guest preface by Werner Herzog. Our original compilation is resequenced and pressed into 240 grams of virgin PVC sourced from condemned Gulf Coast/Piney Woods oil derricks. *Not a limited pressing]

Syl Johnson: Complete Lithography Etched Vinyl Boxset [No music for Kanye West to “borrow,” just 20 unique, limited edition scenes from Syl Johnson’s history of litigation, etched by Alaskan scrimshaw pioneer Archie James Cavanaugh, packaged in a gorgeous attache case fit for any court room!]

I Got’Cha!: The Office Confrontations, Volume 1 {2LPs pressed into blood red vinyl} [The first in a vast, multi-volume series of field recordings captured for posterity inside the Numero office, a rented van, or a midwest Chili’s franchise. Volume 1 features four entire LP sides brimming with bitterly contested and scintillating arguments concerning the punctuation of possessive nouns in Numero liner notes! Limited to 1500 copies.]

I plan to pick up Anberlin NTFP and Blueprints as well as Straylight run s/t, but the stores I've contacted in my area don't seem to have info on much of anything. Anyone know of any stores or if the labels will be selling this online internationally? Or of any other way I could grab these albums? Thanks.

did you only contact stores in waterloo? also, last year i found that contacting stores 1 month in advance was too early, at least for this area.

last year i found that a trip to toronto did the trick.

Numero Group has some really cool releases planned:

Quentin Tarantino Presents: Eccentric Soul: Twinight’s Lunar Rotation {4LP, extra virgin blacksploited vinyl} [Replicates the original Twinight's Lunar Rotation in exacting detail, but with Tarantino’s name egregiously displayed across the top....and the liner notes rewritten as a banal conversation about The Jackson 5, held over a lunch consisting of Chicago-style deep dish pizza and shots of Jeppson’s Malört. Limited to 2000 copies]

Yeah Malort!

did you only contact stores in waterloo? also, last year i found that contacting stores 1 month in advance was too early, at least for this area.

Yes it was stores in this area, I figured I may need to head to Toronto though.. Any idea which shops would be more likely to carry these? Thanks.

Yes it was stores in this area, I figured I may need to head to Toronto though.. Any idea which shops would be more likely to carry these? Thanks.

Did Orange Monkey carry anything for RSD??

Only available at Coachella? Weak.

75% of them will melt before anyone ever gets out of that valley of heat stroke.

Im gonna ask my gf's sister to pick one up for me when she goes, but im fearing that it will melt in her car over the 3 day period she's there. At least ill have the jacket.

Seriously can't believe they are releasing this on RSD. The only thing that could be worse than this album, is it being remixed. You think Death Cab would have learned with them charging $5.00-8.00 for their RSD Snippet 7" from last year. How about a Photo Album or We Have The Facts repress? They come up with some of the most random shit for RSD and sadly it ain't just Death Cab.

http://www.vvinyl.com/v/death-cab-for-cutie-keys-and-codes-remix-ep/2336

wahhhh

You know, they probably think it's a good album, considering they released it and all. The remix album isn't on vinyl yet, and it likely won't sell as well as a proper studio album anyway, why not put it out as a one-time pressing for record store day? Represses of the old albums should just be a straight reissue anyway, press up a ton and keep it in print.

im actually still trying to figure that out myself as the one i went to last year has since shut down :(

if i hear of anything though ill be sure to post.

other Toronto people, weigh in on where to head to?

Yes I wanna know about Anberlin too!!!

im actually still trying to figure that out myself as the one i went to last year has since shut down :(

if i hear of anything though ill be sure to post.

other Toronto people, weigh in on where to head to?

the 3 best bets for toronto will be Rotate This, Vortex or Sonic Boom.

it's a total hit and miss as to what store will have what you want though.

I don't know if it has been mentioned but there's supposedly another run of Pelican - Australasia coming out on RSD. Limited to 750.

I know I read it somewhere but I can't remember where. My local shop also mentioned it to me.

There is. Suggested retail price of $33.99. No info on color vinyl/LP cover or anything yet (that I've found).

Info on that Bronx/Mariachi El Bronx split

[image]

Mariachi El Bronx & The Bronx

Split 12" Vinyl

Hardcore punk rock band The Bronx will release a split 12" with their alter-ego, Mariachi El Bronx, exclusive for Record Store Day. The special splatter-colored vinyl features both bands in their element - rocking their ferocious live show for rabid fans. The songs were taped across the globe in intimate clubs from Brooklyn to Stockholm. Includes a cover of "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Hanoi Rocks featuring a guest appearance by the legendary Michael Monroe of Hanoi Rocks.

The Bronx will release their new studio album "The Bronx (IV)" this summer.

Price: $9.99

Track listing:

Mariachi El Bronx - Side A

1. 48 Roses - Stockholm, Sweden

2. Slave Labor - Brooklyn, NY

3. Nortendo Lights - Helsinki, Finland

4. Revolution Girls - London, UK

The Bronx - Side B

1. Heart Attack American - Brooklyn, NY

2. False Alarm/Kniferman - Stockholm, Sweden

3. Boulevard of Broken Dreams (feat. Michael Monroe) - Helsinki, Sweden

I don't know if it has been mentioned but there's supposedly another run of Pelican - Australasia coming out on RSD. Limited to 750.

I know I read it somewhere but I can't remember where. My local shop also mentioned it to me.

There is. Suggested retail price of $33.99. No info on color vinyl/LP cover or anything yet (that I've found).

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that detail about the absurd price lol.