Official RSD 2012 information/releases thread

Info on that Bronx/Mariachi El Bronx split

[image]

Mariachi El Bronx & The Bronx

Split 12" Vinyl

Hardcore punk rock band The Bronx will release a split 12" with their alter-ego, Mariachi El Bronx, exclusive for Record Store Day. The special splatter-colored vinyl features both bands in their element - rocking their ferocious live show for rabid fans. The songs were taped across the globe in intimate clubs from Brooklyn to Stockholm. Includes a cover of "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Hanoi Rocks featuring a guest appearance by the legendary Michael Monroe of Hanoi Rocks.

The Bronx will release their new studio album "The Bronx (IV)" this summer.

Price: $9.99

Track listing:

Mariachi El Bronx - Side A

1. 48 Roses - Stockholm, Sweden

2. Slave Labor - Brooklyn, NY

3. Nortendo Lights - Helsinki, Finland

4. Revolution Girls - London, UK

The Bronx - Side B

1. Heart Attack American - Brooklyn, NY

2. False Alarm/Kniferman - Stockholm, Sweden

3. Boulevard of Broken Dreams (feat. Michael Monroe) - Helsinki, Sweden

Thanks man!

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also The Clash - London Calling 2xLP remixed and remastered is being released for RSD.

If I'm not mistaken, I know it was repressed not to long ago, but wasn't it the remastered version that was repressed and this RSD release is nothing new or am I mistakened? My guess is maybe just a special colored vinyl.

Also The Clash - London Calling 2xLP remixed and remastered is being released for RSD.

If I'm not mistaken, I know it was repressed not to long ago, but wasn't it the remastered version that was repressed and this RSD release is nothing new or am I mistakened? My guess is maybe just a special colored vinyl.

I thought that this was suppsoed to be a 7". The release is timed to the Olympics and the fact that a new mix is being released as the theme song to the London Summer Olympics. Which is ironic, considering a song about nuclear holocaust is now an olympic theme.

Yeah, it's just a remix 7".

I wish that WB would hurry up and announce the Flaming Lips album. Record Store Day is only about a month away.

I am starting to think its delayed. I didnt see it on any of the lists I have seen thus far

It's definitely coming out on Record Store Day.

Since the final official list is coming out later this week, I'm guessing it'll be announced within the next few days.

Officially buying Odd Future's RSD release. Shit's too good.

as long as it has Oldie i'm in. have you heard any more info on it?

yup it has oldie and already leaked a few days ago. i dig it

My wishlist:

Sigur Ros - 2xLP

School of Seven Bells - 7"

M. Ward -7"

Tallest man on Earth - 12"

Bowerbirds - 7"

Ryan Adams 7"

M83 - 7"

Pains of Being Pure at Heart 12" (Want this BAD)

Moving Mountains - 12"

BRMC both Howl and Howl Sessions

shit its gonna be expensive even if i score half these! def excited for the madness that is RSD...ill be happy with getting 30-50% of my list!

As always lets help one another out with those who fail to score there most sough after stuff!!!

im actually still trying to figure that out myself as the one i went to last year has since shut down :(

if i hear of anything though ill be sure to post.

other Toronto people, weigh in on where to head to?

the 3 best bets for toronto will be Rotate This, Vortex or Sonic Boom.

it's a total hit and miss as to what store will have what you want though.

thank you! i thought rotate perhaps, but also thought it might end up being one of the more packed ones?

the 3 best bets for toronto will be Rotate This, Vortex or Sonic Boom.

it's a total hit and miss as to what store will have what you want though.

thank you! i thought rotate perhaps, but also thought it might end up being one of the more packed ones?

rotate last year was insanely busy for such a small store- thats the one downfall of shopping there. its a massive line up

sonic boom is bad on prices and wont have probably all the items you want - but they have the room for it

Flaming Lips info (just showed up in my in-box from WB PR):

[image]

THE FLAMING LIPS READY EXCLUSIVE ALBUM FOR RECORD STORE DAY FEATURING COLLABORATIONS WITH AN ALL-STAR CAST

March 20, 2012 - (Burbank, CA) -- In between one-off shows scattered around the world in the past several months THE FLAMING LIPS have still found time to record a series of unique and experimental sessions for an album featuring a diverse cross-section of heavy friends from every corner of the musical cosmos. THE FLAMING LIPS AND HEADY FWENDS includes vocal and musical assistance from such disparate playmates as Yoko Ono, Nick Cave, Chris Martin of Coldplay, Bon Iver, Ke$ha and many more.

Some of these tracks have already appeared on previously released, extremely limited edition color vinyl 12" EPs released in past months, which sold out as soon as they became available. Most of the tracks on the album are being released here for the first time and will surprise even the most ardent LIPS fans.

THE FLAMING LIPS AND HEADY FWENDS will be pressed on two high-quality, multi-color vinyl discs housed in separate custom art jackets and poly bagged together. No two discs will look exactly alike. This double album will be very limited and released exclusively for RECORD STORE DAY. Once it's gone, it will not be repressed again making THE FLAMING LIPS AND HEADY FWENDS the most anticipated RSD release this year.

Track-listing for THE FLAMING LIPS AND HEADY FWENDS is as follows:

Side 1:

2012 (featuring Ke$ha and Biz Markie)

Ashes In The Air (featuring Bon Iver)

Helping The Retarded To Know God (featuring Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros)

Side 2:

Supermoon Made Me Want To Pee (featuring Prefuse 73)

Children Of The Moon (featuring Tame Impala)

That Ain't My Trip (featuring Jim James of My Morning Jacket)

You, Man? Human? (featuring Nick Cave)

Side 3:

I'm Working At NASA On Acid (featuring Lightning Bolt)

Do It! (featuring Yoko Ono)

Is David Bowie Dying? (featuring Neon Indian)

Side 4:

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (featuring Erykah Badu)

Thunder Drops (featuring New Fumes)

I Don't Want You To Die (featuring Chris Martin of Coldplay)

As previously announced, THE FLAMING LIPS will also have this highly sought-after title available on Record Store Day:

The Flaming Lips / Mastodon: "A Spoonful Weighs A Ton" (7" baby pink vinyl single) The mighty Mastodon faithfully covers the Lips classic "Spoonful Weighs a Ton," from The Soft Bulletin album. Ferociously beautiful! This single is part of our on-going Side by Side 2012 Series, which was initially introduced in 2011. All are exclusive for Record Store Day on uniquely colored and extremely limited edition 7" vinyl singles, featuring Warner artists covering other historic and personally influential iconic artists.

Bloc Party 7":

�She�s Hearing Voices� / �The Marshals are Dead� / �The Answer�

Reissued for Record Store Day 2012.

The 7�is going to be limited to 500 copies on �Reign in Blood� red vinyl.

http://blocparty.com/

That is awesome. I really wish "Always New Depths" had been pressed to vinyl at some point. Its one of their best tracks and of all the singles that came out around the Silent Alarm era, they could have found space for it on one of them.