Story of the year - page avenue?

54 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Right. So if you'd rather spend ten more dollars for red or white instead of black, you have that option. 

Oh I have the black ordered too!  One of my favorite bands (yes biased due to them being local guys I semi-know). 

and sorry if me wanting the variants some how makes me want to put cocks into my mouth?

On 6/27/2017 at 5:28 PM, ethanpricington said:

Or is the whole damn system screwed and no one communicates anything anymore, jus turns in record order and "hopes for the best!" 

Only with shops like SRC that rely on preorder $$ to press their records. Most shops dont put up POs until they have an actual date.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, tokimedo said:

lol what a joke of a company $RC is.... time and time again proving why nobody should ever support them.

Yeah this is only the second time I've ever ordered anything from them and can't say I'm impressed. The other was "In Defense..." months after that reissue dropped and it still took a while.

20 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

As we all know this SRC....October 6th would be a miracle. I say we’re lucky to have by Thanksgiving

a thanksgiving miracle

18 hours ago, tokimedo said:

lol what a joke of a company $RC is.... time and time again proving why nobody should ever support them.

record pressings plants are all booked up for months.  there is not enough of them and everything seems to get delayed these days.

1 minute ago, tug said:

a thanksgiving miracle

record pressings plants are all booked up for months.  there is not enough of them and everything seems to get delayed these days.

True. But also SRC, instead of submitting an order to plant for future pressing actually waits until AFTER preorders sellout to submit to factory. Doing so 1) let’s them make the money up front 2) screws all of us

10 hours ago, tug said:

a thanksgiving miracle

This has been an ongoing issue for years, literally since the resurgence of vinyl happened in like 2013. Even small labels run out of peoples apartments and basements fuck up releases dates less than these dick holes at SRC. They think because Tommy Dickfingers pours the lacquers and they use spot matte album covers they can continually fuck the people that purchase their pressings.

Its the lack of transparency.   IF they'd just come out and say, "Hey guys, thanks so much for ordering it means a lot that you support us.  The album has been ordered at the plant and the first test is on its way.  Maybe we'll post a video of the test when we get it".   Instead its either no responses or someone telling you they cant process refunds and the manager never follows up....I'd been a vocal supporter for such a long time, but I just can't anymore.  The vinyl bubble is bursting and things are different.  You have to be more chummy with your audience, give them some value to stick around.

On 10/2/2017 at 10:30 AM, psus2h said:

Its the lack of transparency.   IF they'd just come out and say, "Hey guys, thanks so much for ordering it means a lot that you support us.  The album has been ordered at the plant and the first test is on its way.  Maybe we'll post a video of the test when we get it".   Instead its either no responses or someone telling you they cant process refunds and the manager never follows up....I'd been a vocal supporter for such a long time, but I just can't anymore.  The vinyl bubble is bursting and things are different.  You have to be more chummy with your audience, give them some value to stick around.

The vinyl bubble is bursting?  Please tell me more.  Not being a dick, I haven't heard this, and I want to hear more.

2 hours ago, aopps42 said:

The vinyl bubble is bursting?  Please tell me more.  Not being a dick, I haven't heard this, and I want to hear more.

(It's not)

You know because some dude got into vinyl before it was "cool" and now it's sooooo main stream means it must be so two thousand and late.