Anyone ever been to Hawaii?

So I'm headed to Maui with my wife for our honeymoon and I wanted to know if anyone has ever been there. Trying to book plane tickets is a bitch if anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome. I got a suite (timeshare) package so I'll have to sit through "90 minute presentation" but whatever the resort looks nice though. Thoughts?

I lived on Oahu, still get strange looks when I use my Hawaii driver's license haha. As far as Maui goes, there's some cool spots to go zip lining there. Also if your interested in water activities, im sure your hotel/resort will have snorkeling and kayaking. Surfing is always an option; if you don't know how there's places all over that'll rent you boards and give you classes.

maui was awesome.. honolulu kinda sucks.. sort of like a nicer cape cod. absolutely do this - rent a jeep... drive out to the 7 sacred pools at hana... go swimming in said pools. the drive is gorgeous, and the view from the pools is amazing... probably the best thing i did while i was out there. The aquarium in maui is cool too.

My family is from Hawaii, so I have been going there all of my life. Maui is very chill, not many great food places that I know of, more of the nature thing.

Oahu can be cool and annoying. If you've never been, I would totally recommend going there for a night or two. I have a secret place in downtown Waikiki that is barebones, but cheap. You can walk to the beach(pm me for the name, I don't remember what the hell it's called). It's very touristy in Waikiki, but it can be fun. The Shorebird is an awesome beachfront open air restaurant. It's grill it yourself. Totally recommend a moonlight swim in the ocean after your meal. IF you want to splurge, the luau at the Royal Hawaiian(big pink hotel) is the best and completely worth it.

I would also recommend going to Leonard's Malasadas, La Mariana Tiki Bar, and Ono's Hawaiian Foods. Ala Moana Park Beach is the best uncrowded beach in that area.

My favorite island is the Big Island. I could go on for days about cool stuff to do there, though night swimming with manta rays was unforgettable.

i haven't been to Maui since i was maybe 12 but i've been there twice and thought it was pretty damn awesome each time. Maui is definitely a good place to see the sights, lots of nature and tours you can take. we stayed at the Island Sands and used to walk down the beach to a bar called The Sandwitch (i think it's the same place in Kihei). i remember them having pretty decent food. i barely remember Lahaina but it's a decent little tourist trap. there's always the Hard Rock Cafe! not as cool now as it was 20 years ago now. the one in Minneapolis just shut down!

we flew to Honolulu then took a smaller plane to Maui. i think back then that was the only option though. i'm sure things have changed, but it might be cheaper to go that route.

I've been to Hawaii for work around 10 times the last 3 years, usually about a week at a time. Spent most of my time on Oahu at Kaneohe, Bellows AFB, and up in the Kahukus on the north side. I loved it out there, such great scenery. Even the touristy stuff like Diamond Head gets you some legit views. I got married on Oahu and we did our honeymoon on Maui. Stayed at the really nice Hilton resort for free (thanks Hilton points!) and did all the touristy stuff. The Hana Highway was cool but it's absolutely grueling and my wife started getting sick because of all the switchbacks. Saw some cool waterfalls though. Haleakala Crater is pretty awesome, starting with the drive up there and ending up above the clouds. It's really cold and windy up there though.

I loved Hawaii. Don't think I could live there, but I'll go back any time to visit.

Lived on Kauai for a few months.

On Maui, you have to drive the Hana Highway. Get a book that shows you where to stop. There are a good 20 or so different places to stop along the way with various cool things to see and do.

You can also mountain bike down the volcano.

For the flight, do whatever is cheapest. A connection through Honolulu won't add any significant time.