Inquisition?

dante3000

I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVERYMEN-INQUISITION-7-PS-EP-Oi_W0QQitemZ280174157354QQihZ018QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

and as a casual Inquisition fan (who's building a solid collection) I couldn't figure out if this was the RVA band or another Inquisition (not the metal band). I kept looking for info on the the Virginia based Inquisition and their releases but all I could find was they released several split singles. If anyone knows please let me know...oh and don't buy it.

Thanks.

they have a cassette EP called Touch the Sun and a full length called Broken Songs (CD-R? i don't think distributed outside of Richmond) prior to Revolution...a couple songs from those releases will be on the live CD/DVD coming out on No Idea. they had put up songs for download from both of those releases on their myspace page. You can still buy digital release of Broken Songs off their MySpace page too.

http://www.myspace.com/inquisitionrva

i don't think that split 7" is the RVA Inquisition.

There were 500 #'ed copies of the first (clear) press. There were <50 "Promo" copies of the first press, most of these did not come with all the inserts.

what are all the inserts?

mine came with a press release sheet, poster/lyric sheet, and a letter from rob on yellow paper

my second press comes with a different colored poster i think, a letter from rob on white paper, and a seven lucky catalogue ad

according to the press release sheet, here are their releases

we got a bomb 7" split w/ Kilara on Pop a Wheelie Records

ideas are bulletproof 7" on Soundhole Records

the broken songs cd self released

and revolution, i think its called inspiration first pressed on cd by Pop a Wheelie records then a repress by Liquid Meat, and i think there is also a repress again on AF records

then the new live album out on no idea

My first press has a letter from rob, the poster/lyric sheet (black/blue), the Seven Lucky release deal, the die cut cover and has a stamp on the sleeve.

The promo has only the lucky seven release, the die cut cover and a different stamp on the sleeve.

The second press has the letter from rob, the poster/lyric (black/brown), and the lucky seven release thing.

First press & promo are on clear and the second press is on blue.

Those are the differences as I see them.

These are all the official inserts, the promo one sheets are separate:

1st: (black/blue) poster/lyric sheet, and a letter from rob on yellow paper, seven lucky ad

2nd: (brown/blue) poster/lyric sheet, and a (copied) letter from rob on white paper, seven lucky ad

About 25 of the second press didn't have the poster/lyric sheet and were sold on Interpunk.

The 2nd presses cover was not diecut.

There was a band called Inquisition from Calgary, AB, Canada who are long broken up. They were actually pretty good, playing a fairly straight forward kind of punk rock with rad vocals. Their vinyl releases are that split 7" with The Everymen and they also did a 10" entitled "Red" (incidentally, there was a store in Calgary last summer called Melodiya that was selling "Red" for $1).