Hostage Calm LP (RFC 021) pressing information?

Eric, I read about that. But was that the same clear vinyl edition that was only sold at some anniversary show they had for the album?

If so, I read that apparently that one was supposed to (I don't know if it ever did) have a special silk-screened cover.

However, mine is just a normal printed cover, like I think the regular edition is (it's one piece folded and it opens right to left--like a book would). It's not like a typical LP 'jacket'.

Just curious. I've never had so much trouble finding pressing information on an LP. Is that pathetic? lol. :)

"Run For Cover will be pressing a special edition LP with a silk-screened cover that will only be available from the band at the show."

They could have had like 50 or so with the screen printed cover and then the rest on the regular covers. Can't find any other info on it though. Best bet would be to send jeff a message and get the right info from him. I would love to see the screen printed cover though! But I'm pretty sure all the jackets are like that. My black copy is the same way.

Yeah, I messaged Jeff (runforcover) through here a few days ago, but I haven't heard anything from him. Figured I'd just post on here and see if anybody knew. Definitely anxious to hear something from Jeff though. If he messages me, I'll post his response regarding all the pressing info in this thread.

:D

Ok, so I just took pictures, but now I see I can't post pictures that are more than a megabyte. So...ummm...it's real. I swear?

Bought from the singer at a show and he said they still had some left from that anniversary show.

Like I said, it's clear, but in the normal cover, so...? And mine wasn't the only copy. There was at least the display copy that was clear also.

It's pressed by Lucky.

Jeff, maybe Tom should talk to Chris. ;D

I was at Pianos Become the Teeth's belated LP release show for The Lack Long After and just got into Hostage Calm tonight. I picked up the self-titled and it's also clear. Dunno if that helps or anything. The cover for mine also opens like a book sorta, if you turned a book 90 degrees counterclockwise is gatefold like a book.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...