Ahh now I understand, I've only ever seen one on ebay and it went for around a hundo, the search continues

Yeah, typical price they go for... tickets for the TMR Live run about 20-25 these days, plus 20 in store for a preorder for the B&Bs... Used to have a 300 person limit for live shows, dropped by the fire marshall to 190.

The record press they use is URP which has a minimum 300 order for half/halfs... so expect every live show from now on out to be in the RRS for 100+....

they usually press several black & blues at the same time. just switching out the stampers isn't a big deal. they'll do 200 for third man if they want them.

Yeah, typical price they go for... tickets for the TMR Live run about 20-25 these days, plus 20 in store for a preorder for the B&Bs... Used to have a 300 person limit for live shows, dropped by the fire marshall to 190.

The record press they use is URP which has a minimum 300 order for half/halfs... so expect every live show from now on out to be in the RRS for 100+....

they usually press several black & blues at the same time. just switching out the stampers isn't a big deal. they'll do 200 for third man if they want them.

They will, but every B&B is of 300 (hence 3rd Man Records, lots of 3s with them, or divisible by 3) save for the 3 vault releases (dead weather, wanda jackson, raconteurs) to date... And not necessarily only a handful of the black and blues have been released together, most are released solo... and all of 300. They did 300 for the Cold War Kids and maybe 85 folks were at that show due to weather, so the rest were sold at SXSW last year.

Sure they will, but why would TMR say "nah, we don't wanna sell 110+ for a $100 each, we're good on that, thanks."

I have a Jack White FFB tri-color, 2-3 other tri-colors, all but 2 of the SXSW 8" and 13" records, Black Belles absinthe, colored Let's Shake Hands and Lafayette Blues and the Karen Elson flower 7". Plus all the Vault packages. Considering I live nowhere near Nashville and getting them all at cost, I've done alright.

how much you want for that absinthe? :)

Considering I got it for free, $500.

And I forgot I have the Horehound split colour LP as well. That was the first one I got.

So Jack White's way of combatting flippers is to be the flipper himself? 100 dollars for the split colors is just plain stupid.

Also, I love the reasoning as to why the vault is 60 bucks every quarter. The White Stripes had a sub pop 7" that sold for alot once, so now they think people will go ape shit over the bands they put out.

Few people go apeshit and buy everything they put out (admittedly some do). Most people just enjoy a few of the 7"s of year and buy the ones the like. What's wrong with him releasing a bunch of music he enjoys? Considering he is actively involved in almost every release, he likes what he's doing. He's not putting out anything and everything he has no interest in just to make a few bucks.

But that's all I will say on the topic. Every TMR thread starts innocently enough and ends with a debate about the merits of the label. Obviously enough people in this thread enjoy what they are doing and don't feel ripped off cause they release some cool limited items that are a bit more expensive than some others (they also give a lot of these items away for free randomly).

Few people go apeshit and buy everything they put out (admittedly some do). Most people just enjoy a few of the 7"s of year and buy the ones the like. What's wrong with him releasing a bunch of music he enjoys? Considering he is actively involved in almost every release, he likes what he's doing. He's not putting out anything and everything he has no interest in just to make a few bucks.

But that's all I will say on the topic. Every TMR thread starts innocently enough and ends with a debate about the merits of the label. Obviously enough people in this thread enjoy what they are doing and don't feel ripped off cause they release some cool limited items that are a bit more expensive than some others (they also give a lot of these items away for free randomly).

Hey there Mr Jumpy, I never questioned the merits of the label at all. I never said he shouldnt be putting out the stuff that is. All I said was that the limited stuff is that price strictly to make alot of money of his fans. It even says to sell the stuff you dont like cause someone will pay that price. If you want to argue the merits of having a single lp that has some bad sound (as mentinoed by others in this thread) for 100 dollars, please do, I would love to see how it is cool for the label to charge that much to a diehard fan.

Again, got no issue with the bands on the label, thinking he shouldnt have a label or anything else, just the price of his shit. I actually think the live at third man series is a pretty sweet idea and hope it continues to grow more and more.

Hey there Mr Jumpy, I never questioned the merits of the label at all. I never said he shouldnt be putting out the stuff that is. All I said was that the limited stuff is that price strictly to make alot of money of his fans. It even says to sell the stuff you dont like cause someone will pay that price. If you want to argue the merits of having a single lp that has some bad sound (as mentinoed by others in this thread) for 100 dollars, please do, I would love to see how it is cool for the label to charge that much to a diehard fan.

Again, got no issue with the bands on the label, thinking he shouldnt have a label or anything else, just the price of his shit. I actually think the live at third man series is a pretty sweet idea and hope it continues to grow more and more.

I'd be pissed if they were all $100, but they still press an unlimited amount in black for very reasonable prices. If people feel like $100 is too much they don't have to buy it. I would never pay that much for them, but at the end of the day 500 people are willing and able to pay for it and I have no problem with that.

EDIT: And I realize I was a bit jumpy, and I apologize. I've just seen these threads elsewhere always turn into a "bitch about Jack White" thread. It is what it is, and it it might be more expensive then some, but it's also a lot cooler than almost everything else (if his music/taste are your things).

Big Jack White fan, been a member of the Vault since day 1. Here's what I've got:

* All the Vault Packages

* All 3 13" Texas-sized SxSW Records (2xWhite Stripes, 1xRaconteurs)

* Karen Elson "Ghost Who Walks" Tri-Color

* Karen Elson - Ghost Who Walks Peach Marble LP

* 2 Whites Stripes 7" singles, RSD split-color

* Karen Elson Flower Petal 7"

* Dead Weather Sea of Cowards split yellow/black LP

* Dead Weather TRIPLE DECKER (the crown jewl of my collection!)

* Greenhornes **** LP on Green vinyl

Other than that, a bunch of plain ole black 7" from TMR, as well as a couple of the live LPs.

Also, I find this fan site a little bit more exhaustive and informative than the official site for information on their releases:

http://thirdmanrecordsblog.blogspot.com/

My limited edition releases:

-All Vault Packages

-Dead Weather "I Cut Like A Buffalo" 12" Bizzaro cover /100

-Dead Weather "Horehound" LP Split Color /300

-Dead Weather "Sea Of Cowards" LP Split Color /300

-The Raconteurs "Broken Boy Soldiers" LP Copper /300

-The Raconteurs "Broken Boy Soliders" LP SXSW 13"

-The White Stripes "Under Great White Northern Lights" Boxset w/ Red 7"

-The White Stripes "The White Stripes" Split Color /500

-The White Stripes "De Stijl" Split Color /500

-The White Stripes "White Blood Cells" Split Color /500

-The White Stripes "Lafayette Blues" 7" White W/ Black Whisps

-The White Stripes "Let's Shake Hands" 7" Red W/ Black Whisps

-The Greenhornes "★★★★" Clear, Blue, Green, and Orange Vinyl

-ICP "Leck Im Mich Arsch" 7" Tri Color /150

-Karen Elson "The Ghost Who Walks" LP Peach Marble

-Karen Elson "Vicious" 7" Clear W/ Peach Rose Petals

-Jon Wayne "Texas Funeral" LP Split Color /300

-The 5.6.7.8's "The 5.6.7.8's" LP Split Color /300

I think that's everything...

I've got all the vault packages since 4, black and blues of Dex Romweber (signed), Nobunny, Pujol, Conan O'Brien, Tyvek, Jenny & Johnny, Racon2ers, Reggie Watts, (coming Neil Hamburger and Human Eye), Karen Elson- on Peach, Ghost Who Walks 45 (signed) Truth is in the dirt tricolor, flower, Full sxsw set of 13"/8", Multiple posters (including conan), lots of the for one show only buttons, full racs set (all the singles plus Live in London & the new Live at TMR), The Muldoons (Red vinyl, was a release between them and Cass), the set list from the Alabama Shakes set, and a fair amount of other random stuff. Still not home, but thats off the top of my head

edit: Sea of Cowards split color, Jon Wayne split color, 5678s Black and blue (Traded off Cold War Kids (attendee copy), and the B&Bs of the Next big nashville weekend (Jeff the Brotherhood and the Jacuuzi Boys)), Raconteurs -BBS (Copper)

Third Man puts out great 45s. Can't totally explain it, but it just seems like they get the "spirit" of what a 45 should be. I now that sounds dumb but d'yaknowwhatimean?

Agreed.

Absolutely. It's a mix of exclusive content, the fun series singles they put out (Blue & Green), the perfection of the center labels, the thrill of getting a colored version, the fact that they're always in your local record store, and there's always a sweet matrix etching. I also really love the paper sleeves that come with the Vault singles. They're modern, yet vintage, and perfectly designed.

I still submit that The Secret Sisters' "Big River" 7" is the fucking best one they've done so far.

I wonder how long until Third Man offers record you playing or speaking or something and lathe cut you your very own single while you wait in their store. If anyone would offer it, it would be them. I think that was the basis behind the original idea of the Rolling Record Store right? Exclusive performances, pressed immediately in the back of their truck and sold out of it?