28 minutes ago, jhulud said:

With this recent "resurgence" on obsession over liquid-filled records, it's gotten me wondering how those "Sixteen Saltines" 12" are holding up. From 2012. Have they leaked? Has the liquid evaporated some if not all? Curious people want to know.

mine has been dry for a few years now. i think it lasted about a year? maybe year and a half? it slowly started evaporating, there was never any leaking though, it's not like the water was in the sleeve at all. just evaporated.

5 minutes ago, jhulud said:

^^ I figured as much that would happen before any type of leaking. So essentially you now have a clear vinyl record, huh?

yeah pretty much. i've known of a few people that have successfully refilled theirs and the color matched pretty well. i should probably do that at some point. i fell like the Friday the 13th and Aliens look so much better, and will probably hold up better too. those look thick, unlike the Jack White one was too watery

On 9/1/2016 at 7:50 AM, jacobe said:

I wish there was box to keep all the stuff in one spot as well, like the Bonnaroo set stuff.

SO happy there wasn't another box.  They take so much space on the shelf!

On 9/1/2016 at 0:27 PM, agaetisbyrjun said:

If anyone can grab one of those for me I'd appreciate it!

NO, they are one per person....maybe you should take a road trip!

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

With this recent "resurgence" on obsession over liquid-filled records, it's gotten me wondering how those "Sixteen Saltines" 12" are holding up. From 2012. Have they leaked? Has the liquid evaporated some if not all? Curious people want to know.

My 16 saltines has finally completely emptied, if anyone is filling them up then sign me up.

14 hours ago, jhulud said:

The liquid evaporated and Jack White was able to bottle the gassed up in TMR mason jars. While wearing a space suit he announced the jars will be sent to the edge of the atmosphere and thrown back down to the deepest part of the ocean. If I'm able to grab two ill hook somebody up here. 

I wonder why they all evaporated. 

From what I read, Flaming Lips bloody records are still bloody.

Anyone remember these?

http://pitchfork.com/news/46404-flaming-lips-blood-vinyl-10-copies-2500-features-keha-erykah-badu-nick-cave-chris-martin-blood/

Edited by vinyl addict

11 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

I wonder why they all evaporated. 

From what I read, Flaming Lips bloody records are still bloody.

Anyone remember these?

http://pitchfork.com/news/46404-flaming-lips-blood-vinyl-10-copies-2500-features-keha-erykah-badu-nick-cave-chris-martin-blood/

The lips ones were made much more securely.  They made 10 of them and each were made carefully and stored refrigerated.  The Jack White one was litterally being made as quick as they could so they could sell them the same day.  These were sold in the hot sun and then displayed in frames on folks walls....aka heat evaporates water in poorly constructed plastic containers.

52 minutes ago, natenomm said:

I don't think a video showing how to open this was necessary, but here we are. Third Man also said the records should arrive soon if you preordered. 

Oh I guarantee it's necessary. Even with this video I'm sure they'll be blown up with complaints about the sticker ripping the jacket when knuckleheads try to remove it. 

Now that it seems all the PJ Vaults are out there, I wonder what they are doing for Vault 30. I don't think they'll do an acoustic album companion thing because they just did the live acoustic show for 28.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a GBMS singles box set like the Elephant singles box as well as an announcement that black pressing of GBMS going out to the world (hell, its been over a year since they said it was coming out - gotta be happening soon, right?).

Edited by timsimmons