15 minutes ago, trickster said:

I am thinking that maybe the Icky Thump anniversary boxset might deserve its own thread?

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/126487-third-man-records-vault-33-icky-thump/

Feel free to bump that if you want. Didn't really gain much traction right when the news came out. Personally, I prefer the single TMR thread as a catch-all for all things Jack White related. Easier to stay in the loop that way, and it keeps the convo centralized.

2 hours ago, wiscodeman said:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/126487-third-man-records-vault-33-icky-thump/

Feel free to bump that if you want. Didn't really gain much traction right when the news came out. Personally, I prefer the single TMR thread as a catch-all for all things Jack White related. Easier to stay in the loop that way, and it keeps the convo centralized.

Yeah I understand

I just thought that this release could attract more interest 

TMR has been doing a ton of things the past years that went far from Jack's projects and this definitely drove a lot of people away.

I just thought that someone who would be interested in this release could see the title and click. I do that in VC.

I am not following closely a lot of bands but I am checking all titles here for PO threads and clicked a few which I didnt know they were happening. 

Anyway it is not a big deal.

In a more related note, I am anxiously waiting for my V32 to arrive.

The LP was supposed to be 1x12" but ended up being 2xLP which was a nice surprise.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, slinch said:

I was trying to find this thread to post this earlier today but couldn't find it. This definitely isn't the first coverage TMR has gotten, but it seems like the best coverage. Adam does a good job at looking at a little bit of everything and his background in mechanics makes him so amazed at every single piece of the process. Worthy watch. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

So uhh...can anyone with a vault subscription help me out? 

http://thirdmanstore.com/vault/vault-novelties/texas-sized-vinyl-roulette

I looked at that yesterday. $75 for random 13" or $50 for random 8".  With currency exchange and shipping, not worth it for me in Canada.

47 minutes ago, Browsergeeser said:

1.  Raconteurs "Broken Boy Soldiers" (TMR-014)

2.  White Stripes "DeStijl" (TMR-032) 

3.  White Stripes "White Blood Cells" (TMR-033)

Thanks for that - it's tempting even with the shipping cost. 

I'm sure you won't know - but any idea if they are pressing more or is this from an existing run?

That I do not know.  I have the original set, so I will be able to compare the two once my new order arrives.  They are really bad ass though, must admit.  The 3" records are really awesome as well.  Google the 3" White Stripes records, they are so tiny but amazing, especially holding them up against a 13" mega sized record.

4 hours ago, drrowe said:

I looked at that yesterday. $75 for random 13" or $50 for random 8".  With currency exchange and shipping, not worth it for me in Canada.

I wasn't able to see the prices. It's for a  good cause, but I can't realistically afford drop that much on a 13".

4 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Just read on the TMR site that Icky Thump will be the only album pressed at TMR for the #33 vault.

The other 2 will be pressed at United. Oh joy.

http://thirdmanstore.com/thevault/home/show/sneak-peek-at-the-vault-33-records

That's disappointing. I'd honestly prefer if they would've just delayed the package a couple months longer. Oh well, it probably didn't make sense to go with that option anyway.

7 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Just read on the TMR site that Icky Thump will be the only album pressed at TMR for the #33 vault.

The other 2 will be pressed at United. Oh joy.

http://thirdmanstore.com/thevault/home/show/sneak-peek-at-the-vault-33-records

*opens a brand new, state of the art pressing plant*

*outsources their releases to other plants*

lol...

3 minutes ago, ethereal said:

lol...

the new plant in detroit doesn't have that sort of capacity and they always said they would continue pressing at URP. Jack owns a large share of URP. 

9 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Anyone else think Vault #34 will be Jacks new solo album? 

Oh god I hope not.  Vault to me does not equal brand new releases.

3 minutes ago, ethereal said:

lol...

You mean the plant they have always used?  Also, their new "plant" is a room and will mainly be used to press smaller batch releases, not so much stuff that is in the 10,000+ pressing range.