1 hour ago, wiscodeman said:

I am genuinely interested in who approved that and what his/her rationale was for it.

Looks like I'll just place my copies of Elephant and GBMS in there to fill it out, and so WS items it take up less space on my shelf.

Creepy. I did literally the same exact thing lol

3 hours ago, dreamover said:

I stopped by in chicago after they had been open for a couple hours. Something was erased from the board, but when I got there they had the Lillie Mae 7", Jack White Battlecry 7", American Epic Sessions 3LP, and Bob Seger System 7". 

The one they erased was The White Stripes Self titled on that purdy Red wax. I ended up grabbing one. All the thumbs up

I wanted that green Margo Price "Weakness" EP, and missed it.

Wanted the "Chess-Nut Brown" Muddy Waters singles, missed them.

Want that "eclipse" version of the Weather Warlock album, but I am not sure if they even showed up on Vault Novelties page.

Cancelled my membership, and will take the $60 to Sound Garden and buy the new Godspeed album, and a couple other records.

TMR should set it up where Vault members can actually pre-order some of these cool variants, without them disappearing in an hour.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Plarocks

11 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

TMR should set it up where Vault members can actually pre-order some of these cool variants, without them disappearing in an hour.  :rolleyes:

You mean the variants that are limited to 300 and there is 5,000+ members...so by my math im not sure how everyone could get one. A tip though is set up a little page monitor and you won’t miss a drop there ever again. 

Yeah, as much as I love the artists and the quality of the releases on ThirdMan I completely dislike how they handle a lot of the limited releases. They make things so ridiculously rare that people just flip it for ridiculous prices and pretty much shut out the majority of the people that would genuinely love to have the release and actually play it. Plus, even there retail prices are pretty ridiculous for just a color variant but since it is "rare" they charge at least twice as much as the standard black on much of it haha.. It is what it is but they are most def. the driving force that is causing so much of there releases to be flipped for ridiculous prices.

The thing is people only want these because they are limited and Go for a lot of money.  If they made A bunch of each variant No one would really care that much.   They pretty much keep everything in print so it isn't about the music it is about how collectible the release is aka how much money is it going to be worth, so it is kind of rediculous to complain about flippers because most people buy these based on future value.

6 hours ago, apirk said:

The thing is people only want these because they are limited and Go for a lot of money.  If they made A bunch of each variant No one would really care that much.   They pretty much keep everything in print so it isn't about the music it is about how collectible the release is aka how much money is it going to be worth, so it is kind of rediculous to complain about flippers because most people buy these based on future value.

This