1 hour ago, apirk said:

Why even care about this.  The same thing happens with every third man variant, especially location exclusives.   If you don’t want to go there or don’t want to pay a huge mark up why even bother getting upset over it.  It’s not like you can’t get the same songs on black vinyl.

Upset? Yea I guess a little. Really over the principle of it more than anything. I honestly DONT CARE about the variant. And obviously living in Oklahoma I know I’m not EVER going to drive to fucking Detroit for any record release. But do those two facts eliminate me from feeling a tinge of anger at the fact that people are trying to sell 7” of wax with two songs for $175-$300? I think not 

16 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Upset? Yea I guess a little. Really over the principle of it more than anything. I honestly DONT CARE about the variant. And obviously living in Oklahoma I know I’m not EVER going to drive to fucking Detroit for any record release. But do those two facts eliminate me from feeling a tinge of anger at the fact that people are trying to sell 7” of wax with two songs for $175-$300? I think not 

Yeah silly them selling things at market value.

It's a sunny 31 with  no snow today in Nashville.  Do you want to make $50 by going in to the TMR store ?  No line. Avoid eBay fees and shaming, just shoot me a message.  I'll buy todays tri for cost + $50....if not Ill be hitting up ebay (which will probably be about the same price I offer).  Just thought I would offer here first...

45 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

It's a sunny 31 with  no snow today in Nashville.  Do you want to make $50 by going in to the TMR store ?  No line. Avoid eBay fees and shaming, just shoot me a message.  I'll buy todays tri for cost + $50....if not Ill be hitting up ebay (which will probably be about the same price I offer).  Just thought I would offer here first...

Ben, you know as well as anyone: no one ever gets shamed around here for selling things on eBay...

Just now, natenomm said:

Jack White really doesn't want you to look at your phone during a concert, huh? This is from the Milwaukee venue's page:

DUPJnCVXUAEFL9h.jpg:large

He did this on his last tour as well, to a lesser extent. He didn't do the locking your phone in a bag thing, but they came out before the show and stated no cameras or phones. At the time, I thought it was a little extreme, but you get numb to how annoying it is to have someone hold their phone up and record entire shows, until you don't have to deal with it at all. It's actually really nice. 

3 minutes ago, kas1985 said:

He did this on his last tour as well, to a lesser extent. He didn't do the locking your phone in a bag thing, but they came out before the show and stated no cameras or phones. At the time, I thought it was a little extreme, but you get numb to how annoying it is to have someone hold their phone up and record entire shows, until you don't have to deal with it at all. It's actually really nice. 

Oh, I'm sure it is. Getting stuck behind a jagoff filming the concert on his phone the entire night sucks ass. I don't think I've ever gone to a concert that's gone to this level to ensure that it doesn't happen. It should be interesting.

4 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Everyone that records concerts and/or firework shows should be required by law to re-watch their video(s) every day for the following six months. Some lady in front of me at Lolla last summer brought out a fucking laptop.

hahaha. That's hilarious and awful. I'm glad they do it. I think Alecia Keyes adopted this method for her last tour. I could be wrong. Honestly, I hate it when people bring out their phones and record ENTIRE SONGS. I'll pull out my phone and take 1 picture and put it away for the rest of the show. I'd gladly sacrifice that one picture if it means that every other jabroni doesn't have the chance to pull out their phone.

Let's be real...Who rewatches all those damn concert videos anyways? The sound sucks.

34 minutes ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

Its all about the $$$

"Our official photographer....." just stop reading there

The official photographer uploads 30-50 shots from each show to Jack's website that can then be downloaded. For free. The night of the show or the next day. There's no money to be made here. 

25 minutes ago, lastvaultboy said:

I wish this would be common place. I will, extremely rude rarely, take a single photograph. 

At Fall Out Boy the other week, every person was recording whole songs and then tweeting etc about it. It is infuriating having that little light in the corner of your eye. 

I mean.... I feel like that's to be expected at a Fall Out Boy show

26 minutes ago, kas1985 said:

The official photographer uploads 30-50 shots from each show to Jack's website that can then be downloaded. For free. The night of the show or the next day. There's no money to be made here. 

I'd say that is shortsighted. To invest in this technology for a concert, someone is benefiting fiscally. And what happens when media outlets want photos/video of the show? The only source will be the official photographer, who doesn't work for free, and doesn't keep all the money he/she will get from the licensing. I'd argue if this is a trend, it points to individual/freelance photo/videographers (and the retail technology) getting so good they are competing with "official" (read: paid) photographers. But call it what you will

Edited by My Upvote is A Downvote

I like the idea of the bags. I'm a little bummed I'll be seeing him at Gov Ball and won't get to experience them. The bags seen much better than say LCD Soundsystem at Brooklyn Steel having James Murphy just yell at people to put down phones (though those moments were humorous) 

12 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

MJK has been doing it with Puscifer, Tool, and A Perfect Circle for at least 3 years.

I was reading about a number of people being kicked out despite a sign taped to the back of every damn seat saying no phones out. I hope the blurry pic was worth it.

4 hours ago, steeltoeagogo said:

I was reading about a number of people being kicked out despite a sign taped to the back of every damn seat saying no phones out. I hope the blurry pic was worth it.

Yip, taped on the back of every seat and they still think they are the exception. 

My friend almost got his phone taken away while he was out of the seating area, looking at shirts. He called his gf to see if she wanted a shirt, and nearly lost his phone.

17 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

MJK has been doing it with Puscifer, Tool, and A Perfect Circle for at least 3 years.

I saw Tool about 6 months back and there were a dozen or so "employees" in black shirts with binoculars that were scoping people out that were using their phones.  Many people were kicked out.

I also saw Limp Bizkit a year ago and Durst would yell at people that took their phones out.  And, they listened.